Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Just back (merged)

This thread currently has 15,418 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
monkeyboy
March 1, 2020, 7:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
And also thought grandin to get into the positions to shoot says good things to me. Yes he wanted them but when was the last time we had a mid that could get in those positions regularly? He may be rusty as not played a lot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 81
aldi_01
March 1, 2020, 7:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Yesterday was just confusing. Holloway said himself that he’d be reluctant to change a winning side and has now done it several times.

People can cryarse about the referee as much as they want, he wasn’t the reason we conceded cheap goals (again) and ultimately lost the game.

I’m not sure we were beaten by a better side because we were so poor, but yesterday they were effective and took their clear cut chances.

I’ve had reservations about Green and Waterfall all season and little is doing much to change my mind. Hanson, again, he’s either useful or the game passes him by. Holloway keeps persevering with Clifton who for me wouldn’t have ever gotten a game way back when had he not been ‘local’.

As stated in a previous post, Garmston just didn’t seem to know where he was playing, and I felt sorry for him. That comes from the top and it was either poorly communicated or what he was asked to do wasn’t possible.

It was a poor display and from 2pm when the randomiser generates the team, it continued to be an odd day. There will be another set of changes on Tuesday now...could be a long week, after yesterday I can see ya getting nothing from the three games.

Were there any positives? I’m not sure, Tilley did alright again, Clarke tried and should’ve had at least one goal.

Just got to move on to Tuesday now...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 81
lew chaterleys lover
March 1, 2020, 8:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
I didn't go due to illness but from the highlights I've seen it's the old adage about goals change games.

We may have started slowly but seemed to have several good chances - any one of those go in and it's a different game.

The game will probably tell Ollie more than the recent wins as with a tight budget there will be no room for passengers next season.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 81
Northbank Mariner
March 1, 2020, 8:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Just watched the extended highlights to get my head round what happened yesterday and my suspicions were confirmed.
Both first half goal caused by Ohman not clearing the ball, thus he was subbed at half time.
Waterfall, one mistake but generally he competently cleared just about everything that came his way.
3-0 actually flattered Northampton, yes they were organised bullies who played the ref like a fiddle with constant time wasting and had we converted 4 reality simple chances ( 2 for Clarke, 2 for Grandin) on another day it could've been a completely different outcome.
Mentioning the ref, 2 clear cut penalties missed, handballs and fell for Northampton's cheating.
So all in all, as bad as 3-0 looks it wasn't as bad as that scoreline makes out.
Must say though, Sam Russel isn't as good as Macca, just seemed to be really slow in releasing the ball...ring rust maybe?
On to Tuesday, but more importantly on to next Saturday, here's hoping we can give sCunthorpe a lesson in football...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 81
Hagrid
March 1, 2020, 8:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 527
Im sure the 1st goal was down to Billy Clarke
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 81
Mayaman
March 1, 2020, 8:32am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,393
Gold Stars: 73
Seems odd that when MJ made changes, he was tinkering too much.  With IH, he's working out what he's got to play with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 81
Northbank Mariner
March 1, 2020, 8:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
Im sure the 1st goal was down to Billy Clarke

First phase yes, he lost the ball but Ohman had a chance to put his foot through the ball and instead just half heartedly flicked it straight into Goode's path.
At the end the day we can look to blame this, that and the other person but ultimately we failed to finish off Infront of goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 81
aldi_01
March 1, 2020, 8:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Mayaman
Seems odd that when MJ made changes, he was tinkering too much.  With IH, he's working out what he's got to play with.

I said exactly that leaving the ground...

At the minute it all feels a bit similar to when Bignot was here...some decent players, a couple of cracking results, then a random team selection and some poor results...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 81
Northbank Mariner
March 1, 2020, 8:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Mayaman

When MJ made changes he put square pegs in round holes... Holloway swaps like for like... Holloway has the remaining games to try and play every member of his squad to see who is fit and capable enough to be here next season...I think we can expect him to chop and change in all the remaining games now...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 81
lew chaterleys lover
March 1, 2020, 8:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Mayaman

Doesn't seem odd to me. Ollie has publicly said many times he will give everyone a chance whilst deciding on his squad for next season. Jolley wasn't working towards any plan I don't think, especially towards the end.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.