Abdul19
February 18, 2020, 2:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from Les Brechin

How many games without a win when he was sacked?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 18, 2020, 2:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Slade was a villain before he left

Jolley was a hero and a villain.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
KingstonMariner
February 18, 2020, 11:12pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Yep. The blackest and whitest of all managerial situations.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
forza ivano
February 19, 2020, 12:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,142
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I WAS at Braintree. Sadly the wrong one. The first ever game there not the last one. 😕

Me to. Am still convinced I'm scarred for life as a result
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
Rik e B
February 19, 2020, 2:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from GollyGTFC

No he didn’t. When he was sacked we were 9 points clear of 23rd placed Chesterfield.

Slade’s second spell descended into farce, but there’s no need to fabricate that we were on the brink of relegation under him. We weren’t.

We were dropping like a rock. Up excrement creek without a paddle and doomed, rudderless, a sinking ship... or any other of that kind of cliche!

Jolley just saved us after managing to cajole the side into looking like they gave a intercourse and appear somewhat cohesive which Slade never, never never never would have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
somersetmariner
February 19, 2020, 4:11am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4

Kinky

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
February 19, 2020, 10:27am
Guest User
[quote=54]

Exactly Can't we leave the poor old sod alone? He needs a job like anyone else FFS and as for Stevenage what is the fixation about them? It's getting as boring as the Bristol Rovers goalkeeper incident. I thought we were supposed to be looking onwards and upwards[/quote

Supposed you've not come out with its half term get back to your homework.i doubt Slade is poor. Just remind me how many teams he got promoted. Nearly  and playoff doesn't count. Oh  if only Harry Betmead wasn't suspended for FA Cup semi we may have won.robbed by VAR at Palace. Unlucky at Chelsea. Bristol rovers keeper should have been sent off but maybe macca threw a punch. Mm. I just bet you're such a bundle of fun. OK homework time. Slade was dire. His brand of football like mogadon. Football doesn't need him.
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.