TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 17, 2020, 8:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
To be fair, Slade has rescued one or two teams from relegation positions and has experience of non league.

They are not exactly in a position to have top flight managers beating a path to their door.

People are talking as fans of a club where Slade was never going to be a good fit. Beggars can’t be choosers and Stevenage may have had about as much choice as we had when Slade left us.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
samg
February 17, 2020, 9:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
As Dell boy says - that's like asking McDonald's to look after your cow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
Ipswin
February 17, 2020, 10:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from wigworld

I take it their steward didn't ask to look in your daughter's bra, then?

I haven't got one, my missus doesn't wear one . I just don't see the point in constantly going on and on about it, they're not going to issue an apology and hand out damages now FFS. It's over and done with.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
KingstonMariner
February 18, 2020, 12:53am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

I haven't got one, my missus doesn't wear one . I just don't see the point in constantly going on and on about it, they're not going to issue an apology and hand out damages now FFS. It's over and done with.

Maybe not but the thought of them going down is a joyful.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
aldi_01
February 18, 2020, 8:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
On that logic football would be extremely boring.

One of the allures of the game is inane rivalry based on absolutely nothing, the irrational anger at a decision in a game so long ago we can’t truly temper what it was. The sensationalist attitudes (all those folk who claim to have been at Braintree...i mean it’s our spike island), the banter, the bizarre decisions made by clubs and fans.

It’s all part of the game, and whether folk will get an apology or not, the behaviour that day was disgraceful and I’d imagine being a child or woman it was degrading...perpetuated by our owner who dis make the claim that smoke bombs can be smuggled in like tampons...

If Stevenage go down no body will actually care and they’ve been the worst team in the league...that’s how a points based system works, well at our level anyway....

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
KingstonMariner
February 18, 2020, 8:20am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from aldi_01
On that logic football would be extremely boring.

One of the allures of the game is inane rivalry based on absolutely nothing, the irrational anger at a decision in a game so long ago we can’t truly temper what it was. The sensationalist attitudes (all those folk who claim to have been at Braintree...i mean it’s our spike island), the banter, the bizarre decisions made by clubs and fans.

It’s all part of the game, and whether folk will get an apology or not, the behaviour that day was disgraceful and I’d imagine being a child or woman it was degrading...perpetuated by our owner who dis make the claim that smoke bombs can be smuggled in like tampons...

If Stevenage go down no body will actually care and they’ve been the worst team in the league...that’s how a points based system works, well at our level anyway....

I WAS at Braintree. Sadly the wrong one. The first ever game there not the last one. 😕

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
thevera
February 18, 2020, 8:24am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +992
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Maybe not but the thought of them going down is a joyful.

You can’t beat gravity they are bound to go down if she doesn’t wear one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
AdamHaddock
February 18, 2020, 8:28am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
Any Frenchmen at Stevenage?

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
GollyGTFC
February 18, 2020, 9:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
It’s quite frankly pathetic to again see the usual bile against Slade on here. Get over it.

Here’s a stat. He’s the only manager who’s delivered us a top half Football League finish this millennium. It’s like reading Labour members slagging off Tony Blair on Twitter.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 46
rancido
February 18, 2020, 12:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from Ipswin

Exactly Can't we leave the poor old sod alone? He needs a job like anyone else FFS and as for Stevenage what is the fixation about them? It's getting as boring as the Bristol Rovers goalkeeper incident. I thought we were supposed to be looking onwards and upwards

FFS , The Nearly Man ratted on us the first time and came close to getting us relegated in his second stint !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russell Slade

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.