Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 17, 2020, 4:01pm
Been invited to be management consultant at Stevenage laugh out loud bye bye
Posted by: BenBB, February 17, 2020, 4:01pm; Reply: 1
[tweet]1229424263939198977[/tweet]

Alex Revell has appointed Russell Slade to join his team as a Managerial Consultant.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, February 17, 2020, 4:11pm; Reply: 2
get down  and get with it. cuppa soup. painting the town red.  sorry, wrong slade
Posted by: friskneymariner, February 17, 2020, 4:23pm; Reply: 3
Have they a death wish?
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 17, 2020, 4:23pm; Reply: 4
Thought we were talking about the group from the 70’s, saying that Stevenage would probably be better of with Noddy Holder.

Posted by: Les Brechin, February 17, 2020, 4:25pm; Reply: 5
How on earth does he keep getting jobs in football? Baffling.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 17, 2020, 4:47pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Les Brechin
How on earth does he keep getting jobs in football? Baffling.

Power point presentation
Posted by: Azimuth, February 17, 2020, 5:26pm; Reply: 7
Its a real pity he has gone to Stevenage, I was praying he would rock up at Scunthorpe!
Posted by: aldi_01, February 17, 2020, 5:33pm; Reply: 8
The fact the words ‘managerial consultant’ are following that blokes names these days is the side of football that really needs to give its head a wobble...
Posted by: 137 (Guest), February 17, 2020, 5:37pm; Reply: 9
Slade, by most accounts (I don't know), is a decent guy.

My opinion of him as a manager is he's a waste of oxygen.

He may be able to offer something in a more 'hands-off' position though.

But essentially...a good appointment. - maybe we can forget about him and the
bra-fiddlers at the same time.
Posted by: mariner paul, February 17, 2020, 5:46pm; Reply: 10
The man couldn't manage a good dinner
Posted by: devs, February 17, 2020, 6:02pm; Reply: 11
Slade?
They'e all crazy now
Posted by: devs, February 17, 2020, 6:02pm; Reply: 12
Slade?
They'e all crazy now
Posted by: acko338, February 17, 2020, 6:11pm; Reply: 13
Can't coach, can't manage, maybe he can lecture ???

He'll not talk his way out of the National League !!
Posted by: mimma, February 17, 2020, 6:25pm; Reply: 14
He should get a job teaching how to put in  CVs and go to job interviews

Guaranteed to get a job after he's shown you how it's done 😁
Posted by: Ipswin, February 17, 2020, 6:40pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from 137
Slade, by most accounts (I don't know), is a decent guy.

My opinion of him as a manager is he's a waste of oxygen.

He may be able to something in a more 'hands-off' position though.

But essentially...a good appointment. - maybe we can forget about him and the
bra-fiddlers at the same time.

Exactly Can't we leave the poor old sod alone? He needs a job like anyone else FFS and as for Stevenage what is the fixation about them? It's getting as boring as the Bristol Rovers goalkeeper incident. I thought we were supposed to be looking onwards and upwards
Posted by: wigworld, February 17, 2020, 7:20pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Ipswin

Exactly Can't we leave the poor old sod alone? He needs a job like anyone else FFS and as for Stevenage what is the fixation about them? It's getting as boring as the Bristol Rovers goalkeeper incident. I thought we were supposed to be looking onwards and upwards

I take it their steward didn't ask to look in your daughter's bra, then?

Posted by: RonMariner, February 17, 2020, 7:33pm; Reply: 17
They obviously need someone to rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 17, 2020, 7:52pm; Reply: 18
To be fair, Slade has rescued one or two teams from relegation positions and has experience of non league.

They are not exactly in a position to have top flight managers beating a path to their door.
Posted by: TAGG, February 17, 2020, 8:17pm; Reply: 19
Will people never learn  ;D
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 17, 2020, 8:40pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from ginnywings
To be fair, Slade has rescued one or two teams from relegation positions and has experience of non league.

They are not exactly in a position to have top flight managers beating a path to their door.

People are talking as fans of a club where Slade was never going to be a good fit. Beggars can’t be choosers and Stevenage may have had about as much choice as we had when Slade left us.
Posted by: samg, February 17, 2020, 9:34pm; Reply: 21
As Dell boy says - that's like asking McDonald's to look after your cow
Posted by: Ipswin, February 17, 2020, 10:08pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from wigworld

I take it their steward didn't ask to look in your daughter's bra, then?

I haven't got one, my missus doesn't wear one . I just don't see the point in constantly going on and on about it, they're not going to issue an apology and hand out damages now FFS. It's over and done with.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 18, 2020, 12:53am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Ipswin

I haven't got one, my missus doesn't wear one . I just don't see the point in constantly going on and on about it, they're not going to issue an apology and hand out damages now FFS. It's over and done with.

Maybe not but the thought of them going down is a joyful.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 18, 2020, 8:11am; Reply: 24
On that logic football would be extremely boring.

One of the allures of the game is inane rivalry based on absolutely nothing, the irrational anger at a decision in a game so long ago we can’t truly temper what it was. The sensationalist attitudes (all those folk who claim to have been at Braintree...i mean it’s our spike island), the banter, the bizarre decisions made by clubs and fans.

It’s all part of the game, and whether folk will get an apology or not, the behaviour that day was disgraceful and I’d imagine being a child or woman it was degrading...perpetuated by our owner who dis make the claim that smoke bombs can be smuggled in like tampons...

If Stevenage go down no body will actually care and they’ve been the worst team in the league...that’s how a points based system works, well at our level anyway....
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 18, 2020, 8:20am; Reply: 25
Quoted from aldi_01
On that logic football would be extremely boring.

One of the allures of the game is inane rivalry based on absolutely nothing, the irrational anger at a decision in a game so long ago we can’t truly temper what it was. The sensationalist attitudes (all those folk who claim to have been at Braintree...i mean it’s our spike island), the banter, the bizarre decisions made by clubs and fans.

It’s all part of the game, and whether folk will get an apology or not, the behaviour that day was disgraceful and I’d imagine being a child or woman it was degrading...perpetuated by our owner who dis make the claim that smoke bombs can be smuggled in like tampons...

If Stevenage go down no body will actually care and they’ve been the worst team in the league...that’s how a points based system works, well at our level anyway....

I WAS at Braintree. Sadly the wrong one. The first ever game there not the last one. 😕
Posted by: thevera, February 18, 2020, 8:24am; Reply: 26
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Maybe not but the thought of them going down is a joyful.

You can’t beat gravity they are bound to go down if she doesn’t wear one.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, February 18, 2020, 8:28am; Reply: 27
Any Frenchmen at Stevenage?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, February 18, 2020, 9:53am; Reply: 28
It’s quite frankly pathetic to again see the usual bile against Slade on here. Get over it.

Here’s a stat. He’s the only manager who’s delivered us a top half Football League finish this millennium. It’s like reading Labour members slagging off Tony Blair on Twitter.
Posted by: rancido, February 18, 2020, 12:28pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS , The Nearly Man ratted on us the first time and came close to getting us relegated in his second stint !
Posted by: rancido, February 18, 2020, 12:31pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from GollyGTFC
It’s quite frankly pathetic to again see the usual bile against Slade on here. Get over it.

Here’s a stat. He’s the only manager who’s delivered us a top half Football League finish this millennium. It’s like reading Labour members slagging off Tony Blair on Twitter.

And he came close to getting us relegated into non-league football in his last spell here or have you so easily and conveniently forgotten that!
Posted by: Abdul19, February 18, 2020, 12:38pm; Reply: 31
I can just see Blair getting his old job back and building a Shadow Cabinet with an average age of 83.
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, February 18, 2020, 12:51pm; Reply: 32
Tony Blair? Really?
Whatever anyone thinks of him he led Labour to three General Election victories. Russell Slade achieved fu.ck all!
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), February 18, 2020, 1:06pm; Reply: 33
Tony Blair? Really?
Whatever anyone thinks of him he led Labour to three General Election victories. Russell Slade achieved fu.ck all!

Don't get me started on Blair ffs, GFA for a start!  He should be locked up.
Posted by: darren9, February 18, 2020, 1:06pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Hi russ
Posted by: GollyGTFC, February 18, 2020, 1:12pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from rancido

And he came close to getting us relegated into non-league football in his last spell here or have you so easily and conveniently forgotten that!

No he didn’t. When he was sacked we were 9 points clear of 23rd placed Chesterfield.

Slade’s second spell descended into farce, but there’s no need to fabricate that we were on the brink of relegation under him. We weren’t.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 18, 2020, 1:24pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from GollyGTFC

No he didn’t. When he was sacked we were 9 points clear of 23rd placed Chesterfield.

Slade’s second spell descended into farce, but there’s no need to fabricate that we were on the brink of relegation under him. We weren’t.

You should know by now that on the Fishy all past players and managers are either heroes or villains. There is no in between. ;D

Posted by: Posh Harry, February 18, 2020, 1:32pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from GollyGTFC

20+ games without a win and not looking like getting a win anytime soon, along with the teams below us starting to pick up points on us.

I think that constitutes the brink of relegation in my book. It certainly doesn’t make me think everything is going swimmingly
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 18, 2020, 2:18pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from GollyGTFC

How many games without a win when he was sacked?

Ok, we had a 9 point cushion but under Slade's stewardship we were only heading in one direction and anyone who couldn't see that must have been very shortsighted.

Ok we may have stayed up had he not been sacked but we would have sailed very, very close to the wind.

We sailed close enough under Jolley but it would have been a lot closer had we stuck witrh Slade.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 18, 2020, 2:24pm; Reply: 39

You should know by now that on the Fishy all past players and managers are either heroes or villains. There is no in between. ;D

Slade was a villain before he left
Posted by: Abdul19, February 18, 2020, 2:24pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Les Brechin

How many games without a win when he was sacked?

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 18, 2020, 2:30pm; Reply: 41

Slade was a villain before he left

Jolley was a hero and a villain. ;)

Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 18, 2020, 11:12pm; Reply: 42

Yep. The blackest and whitest of all managerial situations.
Posted by: forza ivano, February 19, 2020, 12:17am; Reply: 43

I WAS at Braintree. Sadly the wrong one. The first ever game there not the last one. 😕

Me to. Am still convinced I'm scarred for life as a result
Posted by: Rik e B, February 19, 2020, 2:11am; Reply: 44
Quoted from GollyGTFC

We were dropping like a rock. Up excrement creek without a paddle and doomed, rudderless, a sinking ship... or any other of that kind of cliche!

Jolley just saved us after managing to cajole the side into looking like they gave a intercourse and appear somewhat cohesive which Slade never, never never never would have.
Posted by: somersetmariner, February 19, 2020, 4:11am; Reply: 45

Kinky
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), February 19, 2020, 10:27am; Reply: 46
[quote=54]

Exactly Can't we leave the poor old sod alone? He needs a job like anyone else FFS and as for Stevenage what is the fixation about them? It's getting as boring as the Bristol Rovers goalkeeper incident. I thought we were supposed to be looking onwards and upwards[/quote

Supposed you've not come out with its half term get back to your homework.i doubt Slade is poor. Just remind me how many teams he got promoted. Nearly  and playoff doesn't count. Oh  if only Harry Betmead wasn't suspended for FA Cup semi we may have won.robbed by VAR at Palace. Unlucky at Chelsea. Bristol rovers keeper should have been sent off but maybe macca threw a punch. Mm. I just bet you're such a bundle of fun. OK homework time. Slade was dire. His brand of football like mogadon. Football doesn't need him.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 4:54am