grimsby pete
February 11, 2020, 10:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
The best I have seen Town play for a very long time,

Everybody played their part but Vernam was in a class of his own. We better get him signed up on a long contract now because bigger clubs will have taken notice of his class. His 3rd goal was the best goal since Barnes waltz through the Brazil team all those years ago.

Sadly I can not make it Saturday but I hope a big crowd turn up because this team deserves it.

Well done to all and a special thank you to Ollie,

We are going places with this man.

UTMM

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Madeleymariner
February 11, 2020, 10:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Back from the couch, cant argue thats nearly as good as it gets considering the opposition, that last goal though WOW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
chrissy
February 11, 2020, 10:37pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Cracking game and agree Vernam deserves a long contract, .we had one or two scary moments in our own box apart from that we were in control over a good side that will be up there at the end of the season. If we can keep playing like this we will be as well.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
Stew0_0
February 12, 2020, 12:16am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,199
Gold Stars: 35
What a performance with 5 changes against a team that havent lost at home since October or conceded 3 goals in a game this season. Shows we have strength in depth and Ollie getting the best out of them all. Bodes well for the rest of the season but would like to see Pollock and Hanson back in for Saturday to tighten up at the back and add more moving forward. Also asking Green to start 2 in 4 days would be too much given the time he's had out.

We look confident on the ball, expansive and exciting when attacking and a win against Morecombe on Saturday will start to see us edging closer to the playoffs, especially with the 2 games still in hand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
SheepGTFC
February 12, 2020, 12:28am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +283
Gold Stars: 6
Holy excrement! We have a player on our hands in Charles Vernam. Now I wonder why Jolley sent him to Chorley. I love a striker with confidence and he oozed it that game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
Abdul19
February 12, 2020, 1:09am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Probably the best GTFC goal I've ever seen live. Love how much Glennon is obviously enjoying playing for us. Even the officials didn't ruin a great night!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
fishcake63
February 12, 2020, 6:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,235
Gold Stars: 62
vernam get's the plaudit's quite rightly as well
but some strong performances out there i.e glennon what a player , waterfall was excellent benson good ,onto saturday beat the shrimps onwards & upwards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
Mariner Timsky
February 12, 2020, 6:29am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
I gotta admit I also thought like others Ollie was having his first ‘moment’ when I saw the line up - but I waited to see what would unfold and wow I was impressed - Hewitt looked good and up for it , almost like he had a point to prove - which is exactly what you want from a bench player. Again the Burnley boys absolutely superb - Tilley was clearly excited to have his first start for the club - lots and lots of positives and plenty of good exciting attacking football with plenty of passing to players! It’s just great - and finally Chaz - take a bow son you sir are showing us all what a player you are - what a night you had - just fantastic
A win on Saturday and the last 14 games could be very interesting indeed

Up The MIGHTY Mariners

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
Kris2
February 12, 2020, 8:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from SheepGTFC
Holy excrement! We have a player on our hands in Charles Vernam. Now I wonder why Jolley sent him to Chorley. I love a striker with confidence and he oozed it that game.

Seen this one bought up a couple of times in the last week but nobody was complaining at the time he was sent on loan. He was lacking in confidence and the time on loan seemed to help him a lot as he could work on his game away from the eyes of our fans. He's somebody where you could tell there is a good player in there it just takes the right things to bring him out of his shell. I still don't think the decision to send him on loan at the time was wrong and it's in the past anyway, he's doing really well under IH and that's all that matters. We've had players before who didn't do well that went on to flourish under another manager and vice versa with players labelled as trash by other team's fans who went on to be really good for us.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
gobby
February 12, 2020, 8:16am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 7
Back at 0145, 400 miles for 90 minutes of football must be mad but it is Town! Yes a little dubious over IH selection to start and felt uneasy when we went one down but total respect to the 11 out there who fought against a good side in poor conditions. Obviously CV MoM but the work rate of Benson, Tilley and Glennon in the middle of the park was exceptional. Nice to have been part of the vocal 270 who witnessed an astonishing goal by Charlie, but we do need a song for the lad. Great day/night with more to come.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.