grimps
February 12, 2020, 3:05am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,118
Gold Stars: 46
I watch on my laptop from overseas and it works great , my only problem is I can’t get it to play on my telly even with a lead
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
fiveallive
February 12, 2020, 4:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from grimps
I watch on my laptop from overseas and it works great , my only problem is I can’t get it to play on my telly even with a lead

Firestick would solve that problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
FishOutOfWater
February 12, 2020, 2:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from fiveallive

Firestick would solve that problem.

I have a Google chromecast dongle thing in my TV and was hoping  I could cast the game to a bigger screen rather than on my phone/tablet/laptop

I thought that if tried the instructions I'd read here I would be in luck

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2256471/chromecast

On your PC log onto iFollow website using Chrome. You can then cast the browser to your TV and watch it there.

From the iFollow website.....

Q: In addition to watching games via the web, will there be any apps available so football supporters can watch games via smartphones, Roku, AppleTV, Amazon Fire and Chromecast?

A: The iFollow platform is optimized for web, mobile and tablet browsers. There are plans to release an app at a future date. But an app for the Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire won’t be ready in the foreseeable future.

With Chromecast, even if it’s not enabled on the iFollow web, mobile and tablet browser experience, Chromecast users can ‘cast’ the streams to their TV set using the built-in feature in Google Chrome.

If you are supposed to be able to do that I couldn't.... don't think it was me not being technically savvy. Usually on YouTube, Amazon Prime etc it's straightforward but there didn't seem to be any icon on iFollow

Anyway the picture quality on my laptop seemed ok ( as a first time buyer ) but the real quality last night was our performance and the winning goal

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 30
Gaffer58
February 12, 2020, 2:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
I’m thinking of inviting some of you techies round to my place for a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake, and whilst your here you could set my stuff up so that I can receive the games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
fiveallive
February 12, 2020, 3:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
The post above regarding chrome cast, I don't know alot about chrome casting, like I said I just watch on firestick by showing desktop site in silk browser able to watch the match without any buffering.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
FishOutOfWater
February 12, 2020, 4:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from fiveallive
The post above regarding chrome cast, I don't know alot about chrome casting, like I said I just watch on firestick by showing desktop site in silk browser able to watch the match without any buffering.

No worries

I only have a basic HD ready TV ( not a smart one ) though my daughter was smart enough to get me the Chrome cast dongle so I can watch all sorts on there that I pick up from my phone

Maybe a firestick should be my next acquisition - it's my birthday next week so might drop a hint or two  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 30
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 27, 2020, 11:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Will sunny game be available on ifollow as it's a 1.00 ko
If not what are the rules why

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
promotion plaice
February 27, 2020, 11:14pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from grimps

Not saying it will work but try going into your laptop "Settings" and then "Displays" and then click on the "Mirror Image" option.

You can test it out on anything like Youtube etc.  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
arryarryarry
February 27, 2020, 11:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
When I can't make an away game I watch it on my PC monitor which is basically a 32" HDTV via an HDMI lead although one game last season my son hooked up a laptop to my larger screen via HDMI and that worked a treat but don't ask me how he did it.  
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
Mayaman
February 28, 2020, 1:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from arryarryarry
When I can't make an away game I watch it on my PC monitor which is basically a 32" HDTV via an HDMI lead although one game last season my son hooked up a laptop to my larger screen via HDMI and that worked a treat but don't ask me how he did it.  

For some reason mirror doesn't work with ifollow.  Well i get a picture but no sound but that's problem due to my complicated sound system.  My smart TV won't work either so best and easiest way is via a HDMI lead to my laptop.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ifollow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.