Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: chipsandgravy, February 10, 2020, 4:38pm
Might be a real daft question this but is there a facility to record a match on ifollow?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 10, 2020, 4:43pm; Reply: 1
Yes but you need to be under 20 and a techie with a betamax video recorder and a VPN.    ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 10, 2020, 4:45pm; Reply: 2
You could wait until the full mach is available free on iFollow though, usually 24 hrs later.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 10, 2020, 4:51pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Might be a real daft question this but is there a facility to record a match on ifollow?

There's free software that lets you record your computer screen. Think that would be your best bet. No idea if it will work but I expect it should.

https://obsproject.com/

Posted by: chipsandgravy, February 10, 2020, 5:42pm; Reply: 4
Cheers for the replies.
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 10, 2020, 7:51pm; Reply: 5
I understand not everyone can get to games, but I’m glad I’m sat in the Upper, blanket and (whisper it) a flask, and don’t have to try working out all this techie stuff, when people write about it they may as well be writing Klingon.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 10, 2020, 8:16pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Gaffer58
I understand not everyone can get to games, but I’m glad I’m sat in the Upper, blanket and (whisper it) a flask, and don’t have to try working out all this techie stuff, when people write about it they may as well be writing Klingon.

You won't see much sat in the upper tomorrow night, not unless you've got eyesight like superman 🤔🤔😂
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 11, 2020, 4:08pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You won't see much sat in the upper tomorrow night, not unless you've got eyesight like superman 🤔🤔😂

And even then he wouldn’t be able to see the game in Colchester. Might see something at one of the NE clubs or even Edinburgh. 😆
Posted by: forza ivano, February 11, 2020, 6:21pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Gaffer58

Forget the racists at bradford, really hope the club is going to take action on this. Flasks in the upper?? Its got to be stamped out immediately
Posted by: PoutonStepover, February 11, 2020, 6:24pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Not a straight forward one, but if you’ve paid for the match on ifollow you can watch it again immediately after without waiting the 24hrs. Assuming it’s worth watching again straight after 🥳
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 11, 2020, 8:06pm; Reply: 10
Why is iFollow always flipping excrement? Can never login properly. Having to watch it on my flipping phone because it won't work on my laptop.
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 11, 2020, 9:30pm; Reply: 11
Come on you techies, someone put THE goal on here, it sounds rather good on the radio.
Posted by: BenBB, February 11, 2020, 9:33pm; Reply: 12
https://twitter.com/DN35GTFC/status/1227339965174108160
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 11, 2020, 9:40pm; Reply: 13
Thanks for that, now that was a good un, nearly spilt my coffee, the current Mrs Gaffer allows me to have a flask in my man shed.
Posted by: nightrider, February 11, 2020, 10:09pm; Reply: 14
Surely any problems with login have nothing to do with ifollow. I've been watching games on it for a year and never had any problems. I'm clueless with tech but it always works. Maybe reinstall the app. I did get crap picture tonight but all good after logging out and in again
Posted by: Croxton, February 11, 2020, 10:34pm; Reply: 15
I have login problems every time I take my laptop away from the house. I used the webchat thingy in the bottom right corner of the screen on IFollow and it gave me a 'temporary' numerical password. It works well so I'll see how long it lasts! Basically, the 'forgot your password' system fails to link with my registered email.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 11, 2020, 10:41pm; Reply: 16
I managed to reset my password OK on my phone but it wouldn't work on my laptop. Contrary to ill-founded rumours spread by that female dog at the Rotary Club, I don't like watching things through a letter box. In the end I tried it with Firefox and that worked.
Posted by: nightrider, February 11, 2020, 10:49pm; Reply: 17
I watch it on a tablet through the app. Mind you, over xmas i was watching it on a computer with no app
Posted by: lee65, February 11, 2020, 10:55pm; Reply: 18
I find it best via my laptop, but not sure if anyway to get past the split second delay from the Humberside commentary compared to the video?
Posted by: fiveallive, February 12, 2020, 12:55am; Reply: 19
Ifollow runs fine on Firestick for me through Amazon Silk browser, it's doesn't buffer at all, if you have a firestick just go to the town website click on the settings button the button with the 3 lines on it on the remote if you have firestick you will know what I mean.

Then go across to the page to show in desktop then on the town site you can log in and watch the game via the browser seems to work fine for me 720p obviously on 15:00 ko have to have vpn on first.

I used to have no end of problems before the firestick on android app, the android app doesn't work through firestick that's why it has to be done on silk browser.

I didn't watch last night's match as was working nights unfortunately started early that night.

But 15:00 ko via vpn on Saturday work fine away matches that I have seen.

I have tried firestick 4k and 2nd gen both seem fine the 1st gen firestick doesn't for as vpn not compatible on that device.
Posted by: grimps, February 12, 2020, 3:05am; Reply: 20
I watch on my laptop from overseas and it works great , my only problem is I can’t get it to play on my telly even with a lead
Posted by: fiveallive, February 12, 2020, 4:18am; Reply: 21
Quoted from grimps
I watch on my laptop from overseas and it works great , my only problem is I can’t get it to play on my telly even with a lead

Firestick would solve that problem.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 12, 2020, 2:12pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from fiveallive

Firestick would solve that problem.

I have a Google chromecast dongle thing in my TV and was hoping  I could cast the game to a bigger screen rather than on my phone/tablet/laptop

I thought that if tried the instructions I'd read here I would be in luck

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2256471/chromecast

On your PC log onto iFollow website using Chrome. You can then cast the browser to your TV and watch it there.

From the iFollow website.....

Q: In addition to watching games via the web, will there be any apps available so football supporters can watch games via smartphones, Roku, AppleTV, Amazon Fire and Chromecast?

A: The iFollow platform is optimized for web, mobile and tablet browsers. There are plans to release an app at a future date. But an app for the Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire won’t be ready in the foreseeable future.

With Chromecast, even if it’s not enabled on the iFollow web, mobile and tablet browser experience, Chromecast users can ‘cast’ the streams to their TV set using the built-in feature in Google Chrome.

If you are supposed to be able to do that I couldn't.... don't think it was me not being technically savvy. Usually on YouTube, Amazon Prime etc it's straightforward but there didn't seem to be any icon on iFollow

Anyway the picture quality on my laptop seemed ok ( as a first time buyer ) but the real quality last night was our performance and the winning goal

UTM
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 12, 2020, 2:39pm; Reply: 23
I’m thinking of inviting some of you techies round to my place for a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake, and whilst your here you could set my stuff up so that I can receive the games.
Posted by: fiveallive, February 12, 2020, 3:18pm; Reply: 24
The post above regarding chrome cast, I don't know alot about chrome casting, like I said I just watch on firestick by showing desktop site in silk browser able to watch the match without any buffering.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 12, 2020, 4:18pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from fiveallive
The post above regarding chrome cast, I don't know alot about chrome casting, like I said I just watch on firestick by showing desktop site in silk browser able to watch the match without any buffering.

No worries

I only have a basic HD ready TV ( not a smart one ) though my daughter was smart enough to get me the Chrome cast dongle so I can watch all sorts on there that I pick up from my phone

Maybe a firestick should be my next acquisition - it's my birthday next week so might drop a hint or two   ;)
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, February 27, 2020, 11:08pm; Reply: 26
Will sunny game be available on ifollow as it's a 1.00 ko
If not what are the rules why
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 27, 2020, 11:14pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from grimps

Not saying it will work but try going into your laptop "Settings" and then "Displays" and then click on the "Mirror Image" option.

You can test it out on anything like Youtube etc.  

Posted by: arryarryarry, February 27, 2020, 11:21pm; Reply: 28
When I can't make an away game I watch it on my PC monitor which is basically a 32" HDTV via an HDMI lead although one game last season my son hooked up a laptop to my larger screen via HDMI and that worked a treat but don't ask me how he did it.  :B
Posted by: Mayaman, February 28, 2020, 1:36pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from arryarryarry
When I can't make an away game I watch it on my PC monitor which is basically a 32" HDTV via an HDMI lead although one game last season my son hooked up a laptop to my larger screen via HDMI and that worked a treat but don't ask me how he did it.  :B

For some reason mirror doesn't work with ifollow.  Well i get a picture but no sound but that's problem due to my complicated sound system.  My smart TV won't work either so best and easiest way is via a HDMI lead to my laptop.

Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 3:16am