This thread currently has 5,424 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
January 4, 2020, 6:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Not to forget Wifey Kim, our resident white witch, she'll bring that Lady Luck when our battleweary warriors need it most! ✨✨✨
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
hampshiremariner
January 4, 2020, 7:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,005
Gold Stars: 35
Ian Holloway is one of life’s enthusiasts and it is great to have such a high profile manager. He has given everyone a lift and we even had a Sky reporter at Mansfield giving live updates on TV. Holloway relates to ordinary people and to hear him talk about disabilities is moving. I don’t think we could have got anyone better and I hope it all works out. We should not expect miracles but getting up the table initially and making us look forward to watching the games will be enough for me. It is about time GTFC had a morale booster and I want to thank everyone who has brought this about. Thank you, thank you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
Jaws
January 4, 2020, 8:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Think it's a combination of the above. Be very suprised if IH has instilled anything big tactically, think he's only lead training once, maybe twice. Played with some heart & desire which is all most town fans want and that was probably the difference.

In truth we've got 6 points from Akheem's scuffed shot and a Mansfield player getting on the end of a cross... we're still not clinical but if this is where we're at now then I'm looking forward to seeing us improve. This league isn't anything special if we can  go 15 without a win then win 2 on the bounce.

It's a grand time to be a town fan, it may or may not be the start of something special but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
The Yard Dog
January 4, 2020, 8:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Its what Mr Holloway brings to the table, experience as a player and manager, contacts, media exposure etc.

For moment the doom and gloom has been lifted around BP and been replaced with Holloway sparkle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
cmackenzie4
January 4, 2020, 8:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
I’d say it’s a bit of all those things but I think the main one will be the belief instilled in them by IH 👍

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
January 4, 2020, 8:17pm
Guest User
The bloke is infectious, one of those people who inspire and lift others. A good manager.
Reply: 15 - 25
Gaffer58
January 4, 2020, 8:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
What I like about him is he talks from the heart, says it as he see’s it, without any mumbo jumbo. I think it’s how he gets his messages over to the players, he speaks plainly and instils faith in them, and I would be very surprised if he ever uses PowerPoint to get his message over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
jamesgtfc
January 4, 2020, 9:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Gaffer58
What I like about him is he talks from the heart, says it as he see’s it, without any mumbo jumbo. I think it’s how he gets his messages over to the players, he speaks plainly and instils faith in them, and I would be very surprised if he ever uses PowerPoint to get his message over.

Especially on the radio...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
gobby
January 4, 2020, 9:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 7
I have never seen opposition supporters waiting to see our manager and then getting autographs and photos from him as he walked to the dugouts. The man just brings charisma and charm.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
HertsGTFC
January 4, 2020, 9:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from dicko995
This is gonna be the biggest topic count going.  So, we win 1-0 away at Mansfield. We have 10 men for 80 minutes of the game, quick substitution, and we get 3 points. So.… is it Olly closeness, AL,s help. a bit of luck, the lads playing their hearts out, ref decisions, a bad Mansfield team?, its all yours. Are we under the spell of success?, I admit its a great start from Olly, but was it his doing?, all yours

All of the above 😉

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Great Debate

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.