3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
January 4, 2020, 9:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Luck IMO. we havnt had a lot this season so due a bit really....but as the saying goes...the harder you work the luckier you get.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
HertsGTFC
January 4, 2020, 9:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from gobby
I have never seen opposition supporters waiting to see our manager and then getting autographs and photos from him as he walked to the dugouts. The man just brings charisma and charm.
UTMM

Yes I saw that and when he was appointed there where lots of fans from bigger clubs coming out saying that they wished their club had appointed him.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
Rik e B
January 4, 2020, 10:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Well he's our little gem now, he's on the board just about and talks about being here a long long time 🤗
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
RichMariner
January 4, 2020, 10:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
He's a sound guy. He'd have made his money from his time in the Premier League (or getting Blackpool and Palace there) but deep down he's a working class bloke who's done good.

I think we've got him at a time where he can reflect on past mistakes. He's spoken about his departure from Plymouth, to Leicester, which he regrets. He has children with disabilities but has worked hard to balance his job(s) with the needs of his family, and I think we can all respect and relate to that.

These 18 months he's had out of the game seem to have reinvigorated his passion. You can tell he's desperate to succeed again, somewhere, and his efforts seem genuine. Buying shares in the club... he's not 'passing through'.

I initially thought that even if we got Holloway as manager, he'd be on his way as soon as he achieved any sort of success with us. But the way he speaks makes me think he'd stick around even if we won the league next season - even if other clubs come into him.

Creating a legacy seems to be at the top of his agenda. Hopefully he gets what he wants from this, and if he does then, well, we'll all be happy too!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
Rik e B
January 4, 2020, 10:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I remember tuning in to my sporting life on talksport while dropping kids off one time and he was on. Now I'm usually like Oh God boring and switch off but this guy was truly captivating; the struggle and strife he's been through with his disabled daughters while carving out a successful career.

He's a true warrior hell bent on self improvement and leading the greatest life possible, a real passion for existence and leaving some kind of legacy to make people proud of him and remember him fondly (a mantra he repeating now).

Strangely he has his own insecurities and inner demons that he not done enough, he not good enough yet, but I guess that's just the sign of a true winner - there's always more to strive for.

Ive been on the self improvement train and found parts truly inspiring, what a great motivational speaker I thought - even though that's that what he was really trying to do.

No wonder he eeks higher level performances out of the player's under him and others are desperate to play for him again, like I say infectiously inspirational.

I'd be more than content with a life lived having achieved half, a quarter of what he has and never mind about money but he still thirsty for more more more. The man is destined for greatness, little did I realise he would end up commandeering GTFC for his vision of going down in folklore.

Woo hoo! 🤗 If we have a little blip I think its imperitive we stick by him. To go down in folklore he'll be thinking big, Championship at least, pushing for Premier.

Let's buckle up and enjoy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
bawarmy
January 4, 2020, 10:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,005
Gold Stars: 32
I said after Macc scored against us that Town wasn’t worth supporting. I take it all back. They are now. I’m as excited as I’ve I’ve ever been in my 41 years of supporting town. It might go belly up but it’s going to be fun.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Great Debate

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.