Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie on TalkSport .
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 371 Guests

Ollie on TalkSport .

This thread currently has 10,073 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
January 2, 2020, 3:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Heisenberg

Is there any way you could elaborate further on this without compromising yourself?  Sounds exciting.......

that's really as much as i know. i hear that Shutes is out of the picture and Holloway may be connected to the second group of potential investors but nobody seems to know who they are. i just wonder whether it's someone who's been one of his chairmen or directors in the past
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
marinerjase
January 2, 2020, 3:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,608
Gold Stars: 146
Funnily enough - was discussing this with fellow Town fans on New Year’s Eve afternoon when he signed. All said/thought there’d be more too it than coming here for 18 months and buying shares. The hope was he knew of/was involved with others to takeover.

Know he’s been out of work etc - but it’s a massive undertaking to move house, quit media circuit, drop down to League 2 and put money in - personally I don’t feel he’d do that unless something was happening behind scenes. First time I’ve ever thought there was potential in a takeover occurring - it’s probably wishful thinking/pipe dream etc - but it’s the hope that keeps you going.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
Rodley Mariner
January 2, 2020, 3:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
It's all really exciting but the only thing that seems odd to me is that it's only an 18 month contract. I know we're used to a 6 month rolling job but 18 months is very short isn't it and just seems to jar with the purchase of shares, long term vision etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
moosey_club
January 2, 2020, 6:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Blimey. Every time  I login he's either been on Talk sport, Sky Sports, in the Club Shop, addressing the supporters, on the pitch, in the bars, and now I understand he's holding a "meeting the families" day today.
Never known a guy to change the dynamics of a club like this before. And he has single handedly made me buy a ticket for Mansfield. UTM

It's ok, once he has finished his induction week he will be better briefed on how we operate and will behave accordingly and not repeat a couple of mistakes he has made already;

1. PR is not done through the media but is done purely on the pitch.
2. Operation Promotion was not a fantastic effort by the fans at all....it was in fact the worst thing that could have happened to club
3. Fans should not be encouraged to come in greater numbers as they are hooligans and highly disliked by every other club in the land

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
moosey_club
January 2, 2020, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from forza ivano

that's really as much as i know. i hear that Shutes is out of the picture and Holloway may be connected to the second group of potential investors but nobody seems to know who they are. i just wonder whether it's someone who's been one of his chairmen or directors in the past

heard yesterday that the brother/family of a well known full kit w@nker was involved in the latest group.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
RonMariner
January 2, 2020, 8:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,008
Gold Stars: 216
Wow. This is an incredible turn of events.

Could be the game changer we have waited so long for.

I was getting to the stage where the continual gloom around the club was just killing me. I am an optimist, but even my hope had been all but extinguished. I had almost given up.

But now, in the space of a couple of days, I feel enthused and invigorated. I can believe in a positive future once more.

Gonna be one hell of a ride!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
forza ivano
January 2, 2020, 9:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from moosey_club

heard yesterday that the brother/family of a well known full kit w@nker was involved in the latest group.

Really? Thought he was the only one to have made good
Where did they make their ££££? Didn’t realise shoplifting could be so lucrative! (Allegedly)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
Les Brechin
January 2, 2020, 9:08pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from RonMariner
Wow. This is an incredible turn of events.

Could be the game changer we have waited so long for.

I was getting to the stage where the continual gloom around the club was just killing me. I am an optimist, but even my hope had been all but extinguished. I had almost given up.

But now, in the space of a couple of days, I feel enthused and invigorated. I can believe in a positive future once more.

Gonna be one hell of a ride!

I think you've summed up the thoughts of a very high percentage of our fanbase there Ron.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
Heisenberg
January 2, 2020, 9:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from moosey_club

It's ok, once he has finished his induction week he will be better briefed on how we operate and will behave accordingly and not repeat a couple of mistakes he has made already;

1. PR is not done through the media but is done purely on the pitch.
2. Operation Promotion was not a fantastic effort by the fans at all....it was in fact the worst thing that could have happened to club
3. Fans should not be encouraged to come in greater numbers as they are hooligans and highly disliked by every other club in the land

Nice one!

I wonder what Ollie would think if he read that? He’d probably do his research and be gobsmacked at the goings on at our club in recent times.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
TownSNAFU5
January 2, 2020, 10:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
The last few days shows that many fans’ apathy has only been dormant.  Interest Now awakened!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie on TalkSport .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.