Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Spidey, January 2, 2020, 9:40am
Good interview with Ollie on TalkSport this morning, echoing how he wants to leave a legacy at Town, because the only thing he left at Blackpool that he implemented were pop up sprinklers!!
Mentioned that he was in the club shop from 11am yesterday meeting fans, and that he also met Alan Buckley as well.
More positive exposure in the national media, because of this man!
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 2, 2020, 9:47am; Reply: 1
Such a top bloke

Can you do catch up on the Talksport shows?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 2, 2020, 9:50am; Reply: 2
Need to get some flat caps in the shop
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 2, 2020, 9:51am; Reply: 3
A few days ago I genuinely thought we could down 👎 today I feel we could go up ( slightly unrealistic I know ) how one character can change the dynamics so much is amazing.
Posted by: essexexile, January 2, 2020, 10:09am; Reply: 4
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Need to get some flat caps in the shop

All wear peaky blinder caps at Mansfield or the O's
Posted by: chipsandgravy, January 2, 2020, 10:16am; Reply: 5
Blimey. Every time  I login he's either been on Talk sport, Sky Sports, in the Club Shop, addressing the supporters, on the pitch, in the bars, and now I understand he's holding a "meeting the families" day today.
Never known a guy to change the dynamics of a club like this before. And he has single handedly made me buy a ticket for Mansfield. UTM
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 2, 2020, 10:20am; Reply: 6
The fishy forum gets national exposure on the EFL show on Quest last night, Colin Murray reads the fishy.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 2, 2020, 10:52am; Reply: 7
Quoted from The Yard Dog
The fishy forum gets national exposure on the EFL show on Quest last night, Colin Murray reads the fishy.

Or the researcher does..........
Posted by: Teesknees, January 2, 2020, 11:12am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Such a top bloke

Can you do catch up on the Talksport shows?

Yes you can if you Google all the right words you'll get there!

He said as a JOKE that John Fenty's so tight he squeeks when he walks!
Posted by: jock dock tower, January 2, 2020, 11:14am; Reply: 9
Lawrie Mac  the second.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 2, 2020, 11:14am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Teesknees

Yes you can if you Google all the right words you'll get there!

He said as a JOKE that John Fenty's so tight he squeeks when he walks!

I think we'll need Ollie to fund the stadium the way things are going!
Posted by: Caveman, January 2, 2020, 11:16am; Reply: 11
His pre-match on the pitch imitation of Norman Collier was brilliant.

He's already breathed life into a club that's been on its last legs
for years.

Results may take longer but let's remember what Laurie Mac
did to a team in similar circumstances.

We can but hope.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 2, 2020, 11:17am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Heisenberg

I think we'll need Ollie to fund the stadium the way things are going!

many a true word spoken in jest. i understand there is a bigger picture to all this, and Mr Holloway is intimately involved. could see changes before Easter I'm told
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 2, 2020, 11:24am; Reply: 13
Anyone, more tech savvy than me, set a link up on here??
Posted by: Poojah, January 2, 2020, 11:26am; Reply: 14
https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1577944800/1577955600/

Interview begins around the 20 minute mark.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 2, 2020, 12:08pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from forza ivano

many a true word spoken in jest. i understand there is a bigger picture to all this, and Mr Holloway is intimately involved. could see changes before Easter I'm told

Is there any way you could elaborate further on this without compromising yourself?  Sounds exciting.......
Posted by: grimps, January 2, 2020, 12:30pm; Reply: 16
He’s a Luther Vandross fan too , he has gone up even further in my estimations
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 2, 2020, 12:33pm; Reply: 17
Kicking his daughter out though
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 2, 2020, 12:33pm; Reply: 18
Kicking his daughter out though
Posted by: chrissy, January 2, 2020, 12:51pm; Reply: 19
You have got to love Mrs Holloway too,

Thank you Kim you are a star as well. 8)
Posted by: gtfc98, January 2, 2020, 12:51pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from forza ivano

There's definitely a lot more to this than meets the eye. Could be an interesting few months.
Posted by: Davec, January 2, 2020, 1:18pm; Reply: 21
What time was he on air please? I will listen on Talksport website but obviously don't want to listen to the entire show, just the bit Holloway was on!
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 2, 2020, 1:21pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Davec
What time was he on air please? I will listen on Talksport website but obviously don't want to listen to the entire show, just the bit Holloway was on!

Click on the link Poojah posted on the previous page and it's about 20 minutes in.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 2, 2020, 1:29pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Poojah
https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1577944800/1577955600/

Interview begins around the 20 minute mark.

Thanks for that Poojah

I was impatiently listening to TalkSport on the way in to work and thought I'd missed it as I got to our staff car park just after nine and he'd still not been on... I can have a listen now  :)
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 2, 2020, 1:31pm; Reply: 24
Absolutely priceless and you sense the change we have all yearned for is around the corner. Always liked his enthusiasm at other clubs and on talksport but the level of commitment he is making is fantastic and loved his comments on his time in the club shop yesterday.

Maybe it’s just me but you feel like this guy is very genuine and town gives him the opportunity to leave a legacy and he is determined to achieve that. Hate continual comparisons with the Chimps but Holloway has the character to galvanise and increase our support in the same way the Cowleys did over here.

Going forward we can attend games knowing every player will give 100% effort every game which as fans is the minimum we expect, add some better quality performances and more goals a la McMenemy’s first season and I would expect our average crowd to be at least 5500 and we can build it from there. Not looked forward to the future so much since Buckley Mk2 returned.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 2, 2020, 1:42pm; Reply: 25
Always loved this post-match interview he gave a numbers of years back.

[youtube]fJB3-vEKQDc[/youtube]
Posted by: ginnywings, January 2, 2020, 1:48pm; Reply: 26
He said in a different interview that he wanted to raise the profile of the club and he is certainly doing that. We needed someone to drag us into the 21st century and that is what he will do on and off the pitch I feel. We have been saying for a while that we needed fresh blood on the board, a CEO who knew the game , new investment and lately a new manager. Who'd have thought we would get all that in one guy, with a new ground also looking closer, it's been some week. First win in months to boot.

How quickly things can change and the right catalyst at the right time can ignite any club.

Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 2, 2020, 2:01pm; Reply: 27
Love how he is getting everyone together include all the families as well for a meeting , , I think he said that is tomorrow , , , how I would love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting

And totally agree with what has already been posted he seems genuine about this and actually wants to do goo for our club - what a man
Posted by: chipsandgravy, January 2, 2020, 3:00pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from ginnywings
He said in a different interview that he wanted to raise the profile of the club and he is certainly doing that. We needed someone to drag us into the 21st century and that is what he will do on and off the pitch I feel. We have been saying for a while that we needed fresh blood on the board, a CEO who knew the game , new investment and lately a new manager. Who'd have thought we would get all that in one guy, with a new ground also looking closer, it's been some week. First win in months to boot.

How quickly things can change and the right catalyst at the right time can ignite any club.

They say it's a funny old game. There I am in my early 60's and suffering a real malaise when it came to Town. Not really  bothering whether I went or not and not seeing any optimsm that it was ever going to change.
Here I am back posting and refreshing Twitter etc like a rampant teenager and booking tickets for Mansfield. How things can change so quickly and If I am honest I still have to pinch myself over the last 48hrs.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 2, 2020, 3:10pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Heisenberg

Is there any way you could elaborate further on this without compromising yourself?  Sounds exciting.......

Certainly someone who should know a bit about what's going on was heard to say the word 'soon' when questioned on the subject recently.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 2, 2020, 3:32pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Heisenberg

that's really as much as i know. i hear that Shutes is out of the picture and Holloway may be connected to the second group of potential investors but nobody seems to know who they are. i just wonder whether it's someone who's been one of his chairmen or directors in the past
Posted by: marinerjase, January 2, 2020, 3:50pm; Reply: 31
Funnily enough - was discussing this with fellow Town fans on New Year’s Eve afternoon when he signed. All said/thought there’d be more too it than coming here for 18 months and buying shares. The hope was he knew of/was involved with others to takeover.

Know he’s been out of work etc - but it’s a massive undertaking to move house, quit media circuit, drop down to League 2 and put money in - personally I don’t feel he’d do that unless something was happening behind scenes. First time I’ve ever thought there was potential in a takeover occurring - it’s probably wishful thinking/pipe dream etc - but it’s the hope that keeps you going.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 2, 2020, 3:59pm; Reply: 32
It's all really exciting but the only thing that seems odd to me is that it's only an 18 month contract. I know we're used to a 6 month rolling job but 18 months is very short isn't it and just seems to jar with the purchase of shares, long term vision etc
Posted by: moosey_club, January 2, 2020, 6:33pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Blimey. Every time  I login he's either been on Talk sport, Sky Sports, in the Club Shop, addressing the supporters, on the pitch, in the bars, and now I understand he's holding a "meeting the families" day today.
Never known a guy to change the dynamics of a club like this before. And he has single handedly made me buy a ticket for Mansfield. UTM

It's ok, once he has finished his induction week he will be better briefed on how we operate and will behave accordingly and not repeat a couple of mistakes he has made already;

1. PR is not done through the media but is done purely on the pitch.
2. Operation Promotion was not a fantastic effort by the fans at all....it was in fact the worst thing that could have happened to club
3. Fans should not be encouraged to come in greater numbers as they are hooligans and highly disliked by every other club in the land

;D

Posted by: moosey_club, January 2, 2020, 6:35pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from forza ivano

that's really as much as i know. i hear that Shutes is out of the picture and Holloway may be connected to the second group of potential investors but nobody seems to know who they are. i just wonder whether it's someone who's been one of his chairmen or directors in the past

heard yesterday that the brother/family of a well known full kit w@nker was involved in the latest group.
Posted by: RonMariner, January 2, 2020, 8:54pm; Reply: 35
Wow. This is an incredible turn of events.

Could be the game changer we have waited so long for.

I was getting to the stage where the continual gloom around the club was just killing me. I am an optimist, but even my hope had been all but extinguished. I had almost given up.

But now, in the space of a couple of days, I feel enthused and invigorated. I can believe in a positive future once more.

Gonna be one hell of a ride!
Posted by: forza ivano, January 2, 2020, 9:07pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from moosey_club

heard yesterday that the brother/family of a well known full kit w@nker was involved in the latest group.

Really? Thought he was the only one to have made good
Where did they make their ££££? Didn’t realise shoplifting could be so lucrative! (Allegedly)
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 2, 2020, 9:08pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from RonMariner
Wow. This is an incredible turn of events.

Could be the game changer we have waited so long for.

I was getting to the stage where the continual gloom around the club was just killing me. I am an optimist, but even my hope had been all but extinguished. I had almost given up.

But now, in the space of a couple of days, I feel enthused and invigorated. I can believe in a positive future once more.

Gonna be one hell of a ride!

I think you've summed up the thoughts of a very high percentage of our fanbase there Ron.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 2, 2020, 9:46pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from moosey_club

It's ok, once he has finished his induction week he will be better briefed on how we operate and will behave accordingly and not repeat a couple of mistakes he has made already;

1. PR is not done through the media but is done purely on the pitch.
2. Operation Promotion was not a fantastic effort by the fans at all....it was in fact the worst thing that could have happened to club
3. Fans should not be encouraged to come in greater numbers as they are hooligans and highly disliked by every other club in the land

;D

Nice one!

I wonder what Ollie would think if he read that? He’d probably do his research and be gobsmacked at the goings on at our club in recent times.

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 2, 2020, 10:14pm; Reply: 39
The last few days shows that many fans’ apathy has only been dormant.  Interest Now awakened!
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 2, 2020, 10:45pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from The Yard Dog

I wonder who his favourite posters are, mine are too many to mention, Abdul, Barralad, Grimsby Pete, Civvy at last, Tiny mariner, Gobby, PSG to name but a few.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 8:34pm