Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie on TalkSport .
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 329 Guests

Ollie on TalkSport .

This thread currently has 10,127 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc98
January 2, 2020, 12:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from forza ivano

many a true word spoken in jest. i understand there is a bigger picture to all this, and Mr Holloway is intimately involved. could see changes before Easter I'm told

There's definitely a lot more to this than meets the eye. Could be an interesting few months.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
Davec
January 2, 2020, 1:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
What time was he on air please? I will listen on Talksport website but obviously don't want to listen to the entire show, just the bit Holloway was on!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
Les Brechin
January 2, 2020, 1:21pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Davec
What time was he on air please? I will listen on Talksport website but obviously don't want to listen to the entire show, just the bit Holloway was on!

Click on the link Poojah posted on the previous page and it's about 20 minutes in.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
FishOutOfWater
January 2, 2020, 1:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Poojah
https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1577944800/1577955600/

Interview begins around the 20 minute mark.

Thanks for that Poojah

I was impatiently listening to TalkSport on the way in to work and thought I'd missed it as I got to our staff car park just after nine and he'd still not been on... I can have a listen now  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 40
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 2, 2020, 1:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Absolutely priceless and you sense the change we have all yearned for is around the corner. Always liked his enthusiasm at other clubs and on talksport but the level of commitment he is making is fantastic and loved his comments on his time in the club shop yesterday.

Maybe it’s just me but you feel like this guy is very genuine and town gives him the opportunity to leave a legacy and he is determined to achieve that. Hate continual comparisons with the Chimps but Holloway has the character to galvanise and increase our support in the same way the Cowleys did over here.

Going forward we can attend games knowing every player will give 100% effort every game which as fans is the minimum we expect, add some better quality performances and more goals a la McMenemy’s first season and I would expect our average crowd to be at least 5500 and we can build it from there. Not looked forward to the future so much since Buckley Mk2 returned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
Les Brechin
January 2, 2020, 1:42pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Always loved this post-match interview he gave a numbers of years back.

[youtube]fJB3-vEKQDc[/youtube]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
ginnywings
January 2, 2020, 1:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
He said in a different interview that he wanted to raise the profile of the club and he is certainly doing that. We needed someone to drag us into the 21st century and that is what he will do on and off the pitch I feel. We have been saying for a while that we needed fresh blood on the board, a CEO who knew the game , new investment and lately a new manager. Who'd have thought we would get all that in one guy, with a new ground also looking closer, it's been some week. First win in months to boot.

How quickly things can change and the right catalyst at the right time can ignite any club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
Mariner Timsky
January 2, 2020, 2:01pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Love how he is getting everyone together include all the families as well for a meeting , , I think he said that is tomorrow , , , how I would love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting

And totally agree with what has already been posted he seems genuine about this and actually wants to do goo for our club - what a man

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
chipsandgravy
January 2, 2020, 3:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings
He said in a different interview that he wanted to raise the profile of the club and he is certainly doing that. We needed someone to drag us into the 21st century and that is what he will do on and off the pitch I feel. We have been saying for a while that we needed fresh blood on the board, a CEO who knew the game , new investment and lately a new manager. Who'd have thought we would get all that in one guy, with a new ground also looking closer, it's been some week. First win in months to boot.

How quickly things can change and the right catalyst at the right time can ignite any club.

They say it's a funny old game. There I am in my early 60's and suffering a real malaise when it came to Town. Not really  bothering whether I went or not and not seeing any optimsm that it was ever going to change.
Here I am back posting and refreshing Twitter etc like a rampant teenager and booking tickets for Mansfield. How things can change so quickly and If I am honest I still have to pinch myself over the last 48hrs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2020, 3:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Heisenberg

Is there any way you could elaborate further on this without compromising yourself?  Sounds exciting.......

Certainly someone who should know a bit about what's going on was heard to say the word 'soon' when questioned on the subject recently.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie on TalkSport .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.