December 23, 2019, 10:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Stadium

You misunderstand.
My response was to the suggestion of the Lincoln model which will never materialise in my opinion.
So in the meanwhile everything will carry on as normal as its done for years.
Didn't you say earlier in the year you were not going to renew ??..................

I did renew and, in the vain hope that the club won’t always be run into the ground, will continue to do so in all probability. It’s the hope that kills you.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
Northbank Mariner
December 23, 2019, 10:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171

I don't think it is too much to ask for to be honest - new owners after nearly two decades of failure, but I think we are aware it will be business as usual, sadly.

Your point about Fenty's popularity is up for debate; it is certainly the case that he has lost the support of previous pro-Fenty posters on here, but perhaps the wider fan base does still have faith in him, but I find that hard to believe.

The drop off in crowd numbers stacks up against your statement about the pro Fenty brigade...you'd need to blind to not see that the apathy running through our club has been driven by the years of stagnation since he took over at the helm and I would say even the most staunch pro fenties are starting to turn now..you'd be mad not to...oh, and I am one of them, I honestly thought he had the clubs interest at heart but now I have seen the light.... unfortunately that light has become bright I can no longer see a future in GTFC under this regine, nor can I see any investor coming in under the terms he's imposed on the board...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
crusty ole pie
December 24, 2019, 7:09am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
Thankyou
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
rancido
December 24, 2019, 11:43am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

The drop off in crowd numbers stacks up against your statement about the pro Fenty brigade...you'd need to blind to not see that the apathy running through our club has been driven by the years of stagnation since he took over at the helm and I would say even the most staunch pro fenties are starting to turn now..you'd be mad not to...oh, and I am one of them, I honestly thought he had the clubs interest at heart but now I have seen the light.... unfortunately that light has become bright I can no longer see a future in GTFC under this regine, nor can I see any investor coming in under the terms he's imposed on the board...

I would think that the drop off in crowds is more down to poor results and what is on offer at BP. IMO the average town supporter doesn't care who owns the club as long as it offers decent football and good results. In the past, regardless of whoever owned the club, when the football was dire and poor results then the gates dropped. If the present squad started to get  results then the gate will rise. OK some of the die-hard martyrs will not turn up while JF runs the show but more will come especially if we start rising up the league.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
1mickylyons
December 24, 2019, 1:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
We have more than half our home games left and nobody is interested the next two games given the opposition will see slightly better than average gates due to the Holidays after that I fear the worst . The lack of urgency in appointing a new Manager has been yet another error of judgement from Fenty and his minions. Nobody seems to want the job other than AL and losing 0-1 at home to the worst Scunny side in decades is now being marked as progress. Someone once said a Manager is only ever 6 games from the sack that is unless they are called Neil Woods or Anthony Limbrick and a Clubs majority shareholder doesn`t want to pay proper money for a John Coleman or Ian Evatt in work or an Ian Holloway or Nigel Adkins out of work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › F.a.o getyourfactsright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.