crusty ole pie
December 23, 2019, 4:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Marinerz93

I heard the same from someone who is around 75% right of previous inside info, saying he's the next manager..

So do we assume our package is not attractive, the six month rolling contract does nor appeal or the board thinks he is not up to our standard ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
Ipswin
December 23, 2019, 4:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from crusty ole pie

So do we assume our package is not attractive, the six month rolling contract does nor appeal or the board thinks he is not up to our standard ?

Any one of those hopefully Not for me thank you

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
Gaffer58
December 23, 2019, 5:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
6 month rolling contracts are the way to go, they must be because Mr Fenty sticks with it, just wait until Klopp and Mourinho are offered one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
MuddyWaters
December 23, 2019, 5:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Ipswin

Any one of those hopefully Not for me thank you

So who do you want Swin?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
ginnywings
December 23, 2019, 5:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Gaffer58
6 month rolling contracts are the way to go, they must be because Mr Fenty sticks with it, just wait until Klopp and Mourinho are offered one.

6 month contracts just show the impermanence, short-sightedness, lack of long term planning and cheapo nature of everything about this club. It's like no-one has the the courage of their convictions, and everything is done with one eye on passing the baton, but not until all monies have been recouped. Sad thing is that with a bit more invested in better players and a manager, more money would be generated by better gates and going further in cup competitions. We could have a decent team and still make a bit of cash for JF to withdraw what he feels he is owed. How many teams in this league can get over 7000 through the gate? It will be halved again for the next fixture because the team never deliver.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
MuddyWaters
December 23, 2019, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings

6 month contracts just show the impermanence, short-sightedness, lack of long term planning and cheapo nature of everything about this club. It's like no-one has the the courage of their convictions, and everything is done with one eye on passing the baton, but not until all monies have been recouped. Sad thing is that with a bit more invested in better players and a manager, more money would be generated by better gates and going further in cup competitions. We could have a decent team and still make a bit of cash for JF to withdraw what he feels he is owed. How many teams in this league can get over 7000 through the gate? It will be halved again for the next fixture because the team never deliver.

Of course, in the real business world, you have to speculate sometimes Ginny but GTFC has not been in the real world for years. It's the plaything that's outlived its' purpose because running a football club isn't as easy as it looks. The current custodian's regime will forever be tarnished as the non-league era, the flag-snapping, flask-banning, fuckranting, fan-baiting era of failure. For too long, the clawing back of thousands of pounds that have been blown on cheap, poor managers who have had to spend over the odds to get bang average journeymen to come and play in a derelict stadium in a footballing backwater that's football heritage is now ancient history.

Root and branch change in attitudes and investment is now imperative - but then it has been for too long already.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 23, 2019, 6:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,626
Gold Stars: 66
In reality speculation, whilst more than welcome, would only be a minimum requirement if JF was not reclaiming his loans at the rate of 250k per season. An extra half million investment over the last two seasons, would if spent wisely, have made a considerable difference to our results and thus as Ginny suggests would in turn have increased revenues.

Meanwhile over here Lincoln manage to get LNER to sponsor a renaming of Sincil Bank and new investors seem to appear on a pretty regular basis. Their attendance figures are remaining positive and they now travel in great numbers with 2500 tickets already sold for their visit to Sunderland next week. Under Moyes just over three years ago they faced a winding up order from the Coop bank and their future was bleak at best and in real danger of going under. The right changes in the boardroom, astute management appointments and look how quickly fortunes can change.

We need a similar new regime with a longer term plan and in-house and managerial appointments that can take the club forward. I don’t blame JF for not investing more into the club but it’s fair to say taking back money he has loaned does not sit well when we continue to stagnate.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
Ipswin
December 23, 2019, 6:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So who do you want Swin?

Quite frankly mate I don't really give a excrement anymore I'm just past caring.

Also I don't particularly want to see a groundswell of support on here for any particular applicant. Thanks to a number on here who for some daft reason got all excited about Jolley based on beating Malmo and making a vid about tactics on You Tube, Fenty gave him the job.

I'll stick to saying who I don't want and we'll see what happens although some experience is a must after the disaster that was Jolley

Frankly I don't think the manager exists (well not who would contemplate applying for the job at Town) who could make a silk purse out of the sows ears currently on the playing staff

We are, once again, looking for someone to keep us in the Football League rather than actually taking us upwards

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
lew chaterleys lover
December 23, 2019, 8:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,646
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
In reality speculation, whilst more than welcome, would only be a minimum requirement if JF was not reclaiming his loans at the rate of 250k per season. An extra half million investment over the last two seasons, would if spent wisely, have made a considerable difference to our results and thus as Ginny suggests would in turn have increased revenues.

Meanwhile over here Lincoln manage to get LNER to sponsor a renaming of Sincil Bank and new investors seem to appear on a pretty regular basis. Their attendance figures are remaining positive and they now travel in great numbers with 2500 tickets already sold for their visit to Sunderland next week. Under Moyes just over three years ago they faced a winding up order from the Coop bank and their future was bleak at best and in real danger of going under. The right changes in the boardroom, astute management appointments and look how quickly fortunes can change.

We need a similar new regime with a longer term plan and in-house and managerial appointments that can take the club forward. I don’t blame JF for not investing more into the club but it’s fair to say taking back money he has loaned does not sit well when we continue to stagnate.

Brilliant post is that. I and others have argued for years that it is a change in boardroom level that the clubs needs to break the cycle of failure.

We don't need vast amounts of money (though it would be nice) because relatively speaking we are well supported. Fenty stepped in when we needed his help which was much appreciated,  but that was the pinacle of his reign.

What we do need is a new board, fizzing with ideas to transform the identity of the club that we can all rally behind. They can work with their contacts and business people to get extra investment in. You have to ask yourself how a "successful businessman" cannot find, or keep, extra investors?

There is absolutely no reason why we cannot be better and do better than Lincoln, with the right board who have a vision of the type of club they would like. What we have is a club in the image of one man, whose main business model seems to keep overheads to a minimum with a glaring lack of vision and any collegiate approach to the task in hand.

If I thought for one moment Mr Fenty could be the man to oversee this transformation I would be delighted, but we all know it isn't going to happen so I do hope he can find a buyer very soon.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
Stadium
December 23, 2019, 8:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19

Brilliant post is that. I and others have argued for years that it is a change in boardroom level that the clubs needs to break the cycle of failure.

We don't need vast amounts of money (though it would be nice) because relatively speaking we are well supported. Fenty stepped in when we needed his help which was much appreciated,  but that was the pinacle of his reign.

What we do need is a new board, fizzing with ideas to transform the identity of the club that we can all rally behind. They can work with their contacts and business people to get extra investment in. You have to ask yourself how a "successful businessman" cannot find, or keep, extra investors?

There is absolutely no reason why we cannot be better and do better than Lincoln, with the right board who have a vision of the type of club they would like. What we have is a club in the image of one man, whose main business model seems to keep overheads to a minimum with a glaring lack of vision and any collegiate approach to the task in hand.

If I thought for one moment Mr Fenty could be the man to oversee this transformation I would be delighted, but we all know it isn't going to happen so I do hope he can find a buyer very soon.

Brilliant post??

Just regurgitation of hundreds posted beforehand.
Its blatantly obvious what needs to happen and has been for eternity.
Now if it had realistic ideas of how to facilitate that...........

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › F.a.o getyourfactsright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.