December 23, 2019, 9:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Stadium

Brilliant post??

Just regurgitation of hundreds posted beforehand.
Its blatantly obvious what needs to happen and has been for eternity.
Now if it had realistic ideas of how to facilitate that...........

It was a brilliant post 'cos I liked it.  

The important thing about the post to me was it highlighted how a small club like Lincoln can transform their fortunes from a lower starting point than ours, with the right people in charge.

Too many fans have continued to support Fenty, at least until recently, when like you say it has been obvious for a long time what was needed.

There is life after Fenty; we will rise again, but we need a fresh board with new ideas and a blueprint of the type of club they want.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
Stadium
December 23, 2019, 9:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

It was a brilliant post 'cos I liked it.  

The important thing about the post to me was it highlighted how a small club like Lincoln can transform their fortunes from a lower starting point than ours, with the right people in charge.

Too many fans have continued to support Fenty, at least until recently, when like you say it has been obvious for a long time what was needed.

There is life after Fenty; we will rise again, but we need a fresh board with new ideas and a blueprint of the type of club they want.

Nirvana.
Until then just carry on as normal.
And don't assume the support for JF has waned.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 23, 2019, 9:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Cheers Lew pleased to have your positive support, best wishes for the festive period
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
Stevie Cammack
December 23, 2019, 9:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -8
Approval: -815
Quoted from ginnywings
  How many teams in this league can get over 7000 through the gate? .

Twenty one, or 88% if you prefer.  Only Salford, Morecambe & Crawley cannot (as yet).  

Current 'Blip' length - 15 years and counting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
MuddyWaters
December 23, 2019, 9:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Stadium

Nirvana.

Really? Normal has become settling for league status and, for me, that means normal is excrement. The reason John Fenty can’t sell the club is that it’s in the worst state it’s ever been and he wants too much for it.
Before you respond by saying that the club is financially secure, I mean that the paying customers have never felt more apathetic and more disenchanted than now. Our latest, stated tonight, ambition is to get through to next season. Fking brilliant! That’s another half season ticket times three that I’ve wasted. And so it goes on....and on...the priceless cost of the Fenty years.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
TAGG
December 23, 2019, 10:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,970
Gold Stars: 124
I'm sick of all the balderdash on and off the pitch us fans have had to put up with over the last 16 years or so.
It never changes season after excrement season.
BP just stinks of failure.
Will it ever end???????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
Stadium
December 23, 2019, 10:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Really? Normal has become settling for league status and, for me, that means normal is excrement. The reason John Fenty can’t sell the club is that it’s in the worst state it’s ever been and he wants too much for it.
Before you respond by saying that the club is financially secure, I mean that the paying customers have never felt more apathetic and more disenchanted than now. Our latest, stated tonight, ambition is to get through to next season. Fking brilliant! That’s another half season ticket times three that I’ve wasted. And so it goes on....and on...the priceless cost of the Fenty years.

You misunderstand.
My response was to the suggestion of the Lincoln model which will never materialise in my opinion.
So in the meanwhile everything will carry on as normal as its done for years.
Didn't you say earlier in the year you were not going to renew ??..................

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
lew chaterleys lover
December 23, 2019, 10:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

Nirvana.

I don't think it is too much to ask for to be honest - new owners after nearly two decades of failure, but I think we are aware it will be business as usual, sadly.

Your point about Fenty's popularity is up for debate; it is certainly the case that he has lost the support of previous pro-Fenty posters on here, but perhaps the wider fan base does still have faith in him, but I find that hard to believe.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
lew chaterleys lover
December 23, 2019, 10:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Cheers Lew pleased to have your positive support, best wishes for the festive period

And you my fellow Mariner. Do remember though I am not Lew - I am his metaphorical lover.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
Stadium
December 23, 2019, 10:09pm
Champagne Drinker

I don't think it is too much to ask for to be honest - new owners after nearly two decades of failure, but I think we are aware it will be business as usual, sadly.

Your point about Fenty's popularity is up for debate; it is certainly the case that he has lost the support of previous pro-Fenty posters on here, but perhaps the wider fan base does still have faith in him, but I find that hard to believe.

Fully agree that ownership is the key to propelling the club into a new future.
Support for him is really interesting- there's no evidence either way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › F.a.o getyourfactsright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.