6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
December 7, 2019, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
They were a cut above us in reality....but we did very little to help ourselves.
Felt sorry for the fullbacks as almost every single time Swindon came forward they had 2 v 1 in wide positions.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
Gaffer58
December 7, 2019, 5:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from moosey_club
They were a cut above us in reality....but we did very little to help ourselves.
Felt sorry for the fullbacks as almost every single time Swindon came forward they had 2 v 1 in wide positions.

Going back a couple of months when we beat Exeter away I bet they though we looked a cut above, now we cannot create owt, hence we're not scoring and seem to gift the opposition at least one goal a game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
golfer
December 7, 2019, 5:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Shower of shite versus a bunch of cheats that are a level above us. Tedious viewing.

Time for big changes and, dare I say, a change in goal.

Always find a place in goal for your  mate- Vernham  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
horsforthmariner
December 7, 2019, 6:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,622
Gold Stars: 9
Macca had a nightmare. But lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Limbrick 1 draw and 3 defeats can't continue. We'll be in a relegation battle if he gets the job. (although fortunately there might be a relegation battle)

We need a new manager ASAP. I actually think this squad is better than anything we've had in the last three years and could be half decent with a few addtions. But they are playing like muppets and our younger players are getting worse not better.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
Theimperialcoroner
December 7, 2019, 6:22pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,208
Gold Stars: 102
Macca slipped for 1st, very unfortunate, did all he could but they should have never got the header in. 2nd was shocking defending from halfwayline to our box. Then a deflection that gave him no chance. 3rd good goal, marshmallow defending again though. Clever finish but I’d be drunk to be beaten from that angle.
Issues we have do not stem from JMcK.
Hewitt awful
Whitehouse shitehouse
Vernam not at this level.
433 is simply not suited to these players, get Wright and Omar on wings in a 44 flipping 2. Get Clifton and Hess working their nuts off in the middle until we get a player in like they had in Grant who controlled the game.

Oh and if the FA want to make a change, bin VAR and change the law on timekeeping. I reckon in the second half ball was in play for about 20 minutes. They played this aspect of the game brilliantly but it was utterly tedious. We still wouldn’t have scored but hey.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
MuddyWaters
December 7, 2019, 6:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from golfer

Always find a place in goal for your  mate- Vernham  

Stupid comment, as well you know. Other than Davis, Hess and Robson as sub, no one was good enough, though it crazes me that good footballers like Doughty and Grant need to roll around like they’ve been shot. Swindon will get promoted and, courtesy of Bury, possibly Macclesfield, we won’t go down.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
topuphere666
December 7, 2019, 6:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Thank the lord Bury were worse than me at managing finances! We are screwed. We look dreadful and our only saving grace this season may be the issue with Macc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
lew chaterleys lover
December 7, 2019, 6:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Stupid comment, as well you know. Other than Davis, Hess and Robson as sub, no one was good enough, though it crazes me that good footballers like Doughty and Grant need to roll around like they’ve been shot. Swindon will get promoted and, courtesy of Bury, possibly Macclesfield, we won’t go down.

Oh I don't know about not going down.

I am not up to date on the Macclesfield saga but the FL won't want another club to go out. 5 points from the bottom, in a terrible run, no manager and having scored ONE home league goal since August I would say there is a very good chance of relegation unless we get our fingers out and quick.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
Maringer
December 7, 2019, 7:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
I think I'm in agreement that we can't continue to try and play 4-3-3 with this squad. Not enough pace up in attacking areas to stretch the opposition and not enough athleticism to get up and down the pitch from full-back. Oh, and the quality of our passing is dismal most of the time. That would no doubt improve if we were to earn some results and confidence back, but the failure to find the man with so many simple passes is just awful.

Whether it's a 4-1-3-2 or a 4-5-1, we've just got to give the defence more cover, especially the way we are shipping such stupid goals. Their third was an excellent finish but nobody made any attempt to close down the players in possession and there were only ever half-arsed attempts to follow runners properly. Really poor, though the writing was on the wall following the two soft first half goals.

I bet Hanson just can't believe what's going on at present. The balls into him are terrible and he has nobody anywhere near him when he is able to challenge for the ball - the link up play between the forwards is pretty non-existent. If you're going to spend a hefty chunk of your budget on a big target man, you'd sort of hope you'd set up the team to make use of his abilities.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
Northbank Mariner
December 7, 2019, 7:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
I was getting sick of us backing off and backing off, nobody seemed prepared to put the foot it where it hurts.
I don't know what formation would suit the players we have but it's not 4-3-3.
Hurst, with Scunny, has gone old school 4-4-2 and I do wonder with the likes of Hewitt, who is more than capable than putting in a good ball, and Rose/Wright with their pace if resorting to 4-4- would suit us better?...
Like I said, I'm no manager but right now I'm not really sure AL is to be honest..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.