6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
December 7, 2019, 9:40pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,496
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from kevikov

That situation sounds uncannily similar to luton/bournemouth. If not this season, then its coming next.  

Last season felt like that season but we’ll be saved by other’s greater incompetence again!
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
HertsGTFC
December 7, 2019, 10:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Just back from the 6 hour round trip and my view is that I can see what Limbrick was trying to do but Swindon where far too good for a set of players who are so short of confidence the only way we’d have ever got anything from this game was to go 4-5-1 and just focus on “keeping us shape” something incidentally we did really badly today.

Well we got beaten by the league leaders that happens in every tier of the game and looking at Swindon today will happen to better Teams than Town but it’s the nature of the defeat that worries me in that the players looked like they where happy to let the game pass them by.

I’m not going to single anyone out but today there where lots of instances when players could have ran into space but never did is this coaching or attitude?

4-3-3 does us no favours as our midfielders are all similar have no vision and limited ability, also that shape needs players to move into space and a squad that was pulled together to play hoof ball has not been set up for that and it will take a fair while for them to adapt.

It’s a mess at the moment on and I also think the players have got a complacent belief that as only 1 goes down they’re are two good to occupy that spot, on today’s showing a new man is required at the helm to dispel that particular myth.

UTM!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
louth_in_the_south
December 7, 2019, 10:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
They need a fooking good kick up the ar.se

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
TownSNAFU5
December 7, 2019, 11:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,874
Gold Stars: 42
The 2 mins added on in the first-half was not long enough for all the injuries.  More minutes added might have given us a possibility of getting into their half.

The 6 minutes added on at the end were just added torture.

I won’t comment on the match. Nothing good to say.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
lew chaterleys lover
December 8, 2019, 12:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Just back from the 6 hour round trip and my view is that I can see what Limbrick was trying to do but Swindon where far too good for a set of players who are so short of confidence the only way we’d have ever got anything from this game was to go 4-5-1 and just focus on “keeping us shape” something incidentally we did really badly today.

Well we got beaten by the league leaders that happens in every tier of the game and looking at Swindon today will happen to better Teams than Town but it’s the nature of the defeat that worries me in that the players looked like they where happy to let the game pass them by.

I’m not going to single anyone out but today there where lots of instances when players could have ran into space but never did is this coaching or attitude?

4-3-3 does us no favours as our midfielders are all similar have no vision and limited ability, also that shape needs players to move into space and a squad that was pulled together to play hoof ball has not been set up for that and it will take a fair while for them to adapt.

It’s a mess at the moment on and I also think the players have got a complacent belief that as only 1 goes down they’re are two good to occupy that spot, on today’s showing a new man is required at the helm to dispel that particular myth.

UTM!!

That is incredible support if I might say.

I have been a fanatical Town fan for 60 years, but it is getting a struggle to even travel in the 15 or so miles for each home game.

To be honest, my enthusiasm went some time ago, and I go more out of duty than enjoyment or expectation.

A bit like Ginny of this parish my patience has (almost) been exhausted.

More worryingly my son, who has supported the Mariners all his life, has said he is taking a break next season unless we get new owners.

It really is grim; nearly two decades of stagnation or regression with no end in sight. We need some hope, and quick as this feels like a slow lingering death.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
Mayaman
December 8, 2019, 1:10am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,398
Gold Stars: 74
The game was so frustrating.  I think we started brightly played some good moves but could't get the telling pass. The first goal made a small dent in our confidence but the second killed us.  The body language of the Town players said it all. From that moment on the game was lost. The Swindon player should have been shut down quicker but on any other day, that deflected shot could have skidded the other side of the post. That's football.  Hanson , looked up for it at the start but we should be playing to his feet to hold up and get someone alongside him.   After one ball that flew over his head, his whole body sagged.He didn't seem interested after that.   I think the scoreline flattered them a bit.  Sure, they were by the better side but we did show some promise at times.  if we'd been in a play off place and beaten by Swindon we'd say that but we are crucifying our team for losing to a really quick slick football team that added 'gamesmanship'into the mix. Who puts on a sub a minute from time when you're 3 up?!  You can see going forward the players are afraid of screwing up and when you are afraid , that's generally what happens - you screw up.  We do need a new voice to come in and give them their faith back in themselves. If you've watched Liverpool this season their confidence is so high they make their own luck. We are unable to do that at the moment. UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
cannylad68
December 8, 2019, 7:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
From what I've seen, the most outstanding problem, with this team, is the lack of pace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
Jarmo.Is.God
December 8, 2019, 8:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Macca had a poor game
Hess had a poor game
Whitehouse is pointless
Green needs to be in the middle
I've asked for Vernam for months, but was poor today
Hanson must be losing his head very quickly, as we hoof it to him, he wins it, but no one near him

This team started well, this team beat Exeter away, new manager, new ideas, confidence back, and we will be fine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
TAGG
December 8, 2019, 1:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
FishOutOfWater
December 8, 2019, 1:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from TAGG

Can’t really argue with that report

Even mentions the derisory “cheers” for the “attempts on goal” we made around the hour mark

So much for fortress BP when our own fans are deriding our players and not the opposition. It was embarrassing to witness

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.