This thread currently has 8,609 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
November 27, 2019, 6:43pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
I noticed that Wrexham who are having a shocking season in The National League and are in the bottom 3 currently, got just under 3000 and Chesterfield another team struggling in the NL got almost 3500.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 65
Northbank Mariner
November 27, 2019, 6:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
It's not just the lack of numbers in the ground...it's the lack of atmosphere...BP used to bounce from the kick off to the final whistle...last night, apart from the occasional muted chants of "Mariners" coming from the pontoon, you could hear a pin drop for the most part ...
Something is rotting this club away and as we all know, a fish rots from the head....
From a once proud historic club to one that is sinking into the abyss and it breaks my heart...
But in reality is the club just indicative of the town itself?....
Great Grimsby needs major investment and it needs it quick...
The people will always be the best and I for one continue to fly the flag for my beloved home town amongst all these mud rats I now live with..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 65
moosey_club
November 27, 2019, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
i fear last nights attendance will maybe influence the choice and speed of the new appointment.  With a gate that low then a "name" manager might be favoured to try and wake the support, a relative unknown appointment would have to build momentum to win the fans back.

I honestly think that apart from any new appointment going on an unprecedented winning streak then only a change of hands at the top will spike enough interest to start  bringng the support back.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 65
golfer
November 27, 2019, 8:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
Come on. Irrespective of how the team has been performing under Jolly The weather has been pss poor for days now=Tuesday night is hardly ever a big gate and there are no suitable buses to get into Town after the match so not many are going to walk in the rain. I didn't go for health reasons but I bet there were quite a few who decided to watch on ifollow which isn't usually on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 65
lew chaterleys lover
November 27, 2019, 10:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,660
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from golfer
Come on. Irrespective of how the team has been performing under Jolly The weather has been pss poor for days now=Tuesday night is hardly ever a big gate and there are no suitable buses to get into Town after the match so not many are going to walk in the rain. I didn't go for health reasons but I bet there were quite a few who decided to watch on ifollow which isn't usually on.

Next time it rains on a Tuesday it might be just 2000.

I don't think you can be complacent. If we don't suddenly start winning, or something happens to stir some interest the attendance for the remainder of the season could be terrible.

I agree with posters that say a change at the top is the only thing to really galvanise the club, but that looks as unlikely as ever so we need to do something on the playing side sharpish.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 65
supertown
November 27, 2019, 10:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
Sad times , I hated non league but this is no better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 65
heppy88
November 27, 2019, 11:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
I believe a tipping point has been reached.
Fans are just sick of the mediocrity surrounding the club. How many more seasons of "nothing to play for by November" do we have to put up with?
New season, new manager,  new squad and repeat. Over and over. Makes me laugh thinking about all the posters on here when we finally got promoted. All you ever read was " consolidation this" and " building that" and then the false promises of Bignot, Slade, Jolley.........of Fenty.
For the first time in my 40 years supporting town I walked out at half time last night. Sat in a soulless ground with an attendance less than season tickets sold, watching a team, many of the names of which will be a distant memory in a year or two. No, too many false promises of promotion pushes, takeover bids, new stadiums.....all balderdash. Anyone would think the club was run by a politician!
I don't mind admitting I actually enjoyed the last couple of years in the conference. There was a togetherness, true belief and a palpable feeling of excitement. It was by no means perfect but we felt a connection with the team and a shared belief that promotion was ours for the taking and with that a hopefulness, an excitement for the approaching years back in the league. If Rovers could get back to back promotions then surely so could the Mighty Mariners?  
I envy those who posted on the "just back" thread on Tuesday night. With their positivity and hope that we may have just turned a corner, celebrating a clean sheet and 00 draw with the mighty Cheltenham at home. ........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 65
forza ivano
November 27, 2019, 11:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,135
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from supertown
Sad times , I hated non league but this is no better

What bollox.weve been to palace n Chelsea in this calendar year alone never did that in 6 years of non league  shite. If u prefer coalville chasetown ebbsfleet hayes bath  hyde altrincham nuneaton tamworth n a whole load if others I could mention then u must have a screw loose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 65
LH
November 28, 2019, 12:00am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,457
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from forza ivano

What bollox.weve been to palace n Chelsea in this calendar year alone never did that in 6 years of non league  shite. If u prefer coalville chasetown ebbsfleet hayes bath  hyde altrincham nuneaton tamworth n a whole load if others I could mention then u must have a screw loose

With respect having a season ticket and being gullible enough to financially and mentally back this rubbish in the summer and then through the following nine months is hard work. Pick a few lowlights from non league out but there was a season we match Barca and Madrid for home goals (didn’t do anything with it mind) and it was entertaining. If we aren’t going to be winners at least give people something interesting to watch.

PS. Chasetown was in the FA Trophy that every twit and his dog wanted us to get knocked out in the first round by the end of our stint in Non-League. It’s about time we started to think of that as a lucky escape rather than an embarrassment.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 65
Northbank Mariner
November 28, 2019, 6:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Its a catch 22 position.  
You show a disdain for the current board and playing style by not going, gates keep reducing, less money into the club, the budget gets chopped, the quality of players you can afford drops, the playing style gets worse, the gates drop further, the money in reduces further....you get the picture ..at some point in that cycle the club becomes financially unviable and completely unattractive to any potential investors and goes out of business...
So, by not sucking it up, getting ourselves down to BP and doing what any True supporter of GTFC would do and supporting the CLUB through thick and thin we end up with no club to support....
It's all well and good shouting for Fenty to sell up and leave but if no one's there to buy it you may as well be shouting at yourself in a padded cell...
I, for one, will keep buying my season ticket, I will keep going go, making the trios on a cold, wet Tuesday night because for as much as I've hated and booed the recent form I still love my GTFC.... Christ, people have short memories, 8 weeks ago Jolley was the best thing since sliced bread and fans we're buzzing and talking about promotion...
How can anyone call Lincoln fans plastic because their gates have only increased because of the football success yet when there's a downturn here have the audacity to say "I'm not wasting my hard earned money to watch that sh!te"....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Last night's attendance

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.