3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
November 17, 2019, 9:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
What a crock of old crap.

The Farage 'fiasco' only a fiasco to a few local whingeing remainers, the club didn't present shirts -the BP MP had them made personally. And Jolley has mad a fool of himself, again not the clubs doing. The club didn't leak the footage, why would any football club air their dirty laundry in public.

Give it a couple of weeks this will all be water under the bridge, especially if the new management team can eek out some coherent performances from squad.

Sneak into the playoffs and the place will be rammed back end of season mark my words.

Think some people just like drama and want any old stick to beat the club with, couple that with Remainer whingeing and you've got a mountain out a molehill.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
Mariner Timsky
November 18, 2019, 8:37am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from wembley_double98

A very good shout Tim, will you be there to meet us for a pre match pint at Northampton? Sixfields Tavern......

I'm meeting up with some Cobblers friends but sure will see you guys at some point for sure - hope you all are keeping well

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
rancido
November 18, 2019, 12:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,528
Gold Stars: 96

The Farage "fiasco" is a confected outrage by people who don't agree with him, including you it seems.

Grimsby voted for Brexit, many people will support the Brexit party (the event itself was a sell out) so it may have left you with a sick taste in your mouth but you may well be in the minority.

A Tory councillor owns the club; I ahve not heard one person ever say he is not going to BP because I don't agree with the owners political views.

There is plenty wrong at BP, but hiring out one of its main income streams available to anyone is not one of them.

You only have to look at how many seats the Brexit Party won at the European Elections to see that they have the support of a lot more people than some on here realise or care to acknowledge.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
mimma
November 18, 2019, 12:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
In the last general election UKIP were making the same noises about brexit. They got hammered at the polls.

Apart from their views on brexit they don't have one single coherent policy on anything.

Voting for them in a general election is a wasted vote IMHO.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
realist
November 18, 2019, 12:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
I think the Farage meeting was excellent pr for the club. After all the club us owned by a true blue conservative and by allowing one of  his electoral challengers to use the clubs facilities shows an open and diverse culture which should be applauded
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
Son of Cod
November 19, 2019, 1:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196

There is plenty wrong at BP, but hiring out one of its main income streams available to anyone is not one of them.

So if they hosted a convention of men who liked sniffing girls' knickers, you'd be fully in support? I mean, like Brexit, it's not for everyone but there is still a demand...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
FishOutOfWater
November 19, 2019, 2:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Son of Cod

So if they hosted a convention of men who liked sniffing girls' knickers, you'd be fully in support? I mean, like Brexit, it's not for everyone but there is still a demand...

Really? I thought the bottom had fallen out of that market
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 28
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 19, 2019, 2:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Son of Cod

No, that would need to be corsets.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
Malta_Mariner_90
November 19, 2019, 2:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Rik e B
What a crock of old crap.

The Farage 'fiasco' only a fiasco to a few local whingeing remainers, the club didn't present shirts -the BP MP had them made personally. And Jolley has mad a fool of himself, again not the clubs doing. The club didn't leak the footage, why would any football club air their dirty laundry in public.

Give it a couple of weeks this will all be water under the bridge, especially if the new management team can eek out some coherent performances from squad.

Sneak into the playoffs and the place will be rammed back end of season mark my words.

Think some people just like drama and want any old stick to beat the club with, couple that with Remainer whingeing and you've got a mountain out a molehill.

While I would disagree with being classed as a whinging remainer (I think there are a good number of people like myself who voted remain but accept as we live in a democracy we have to respect the result of the vote and concentrate on trying to make everyone's lot better in the country). I think allowing Farage at the club with his political past was not exactly sending the right message to the wider public of Grimsby. Not if you want that to be a message of inclusion and diversity (like the mural that the club made much fan fare of for example).

Though I do agree that a few wins and this past week will all seem a distant memory.

Personally I would like to thank the club for inadvertently making the past week far more interesting than it would have been. Who needs football when we have had the levels of entertainment we have been treated to lately. Getting to Game of Thrones level of drama these days  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › All creditability has disappeared

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.