Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 16, 2019, 9:47pm
Well, with the Farage f@ck up and now the Jolley tirade any creditability this club may have had has now gone round the U bend quicker than Hamilton round Silverstone!!..
Surely any potential investor or manager will give us a wider birth than Bella Hendbergs backside!!..
The lights have gone out at GTFC now and it's going to be a tough job for any person to clear the muddy waters that are around our once great, historical club right now
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 16, 2019, 9:50pm; Reply: 1
One thing will never change is US the fans - this is our club and our Town - nobody NOBODY will change that - let’s stick by our club and get to if not Newport then Northampton and be loud and proud and support GRIMSBY TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB - no manager or board member should ever change that and stop our support for our club

ALL TOWN ARENT WE???
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, November 16, 2019, 10:26pm; Reply: 2
Surprisingly in football whatever is going on off the field win three games on the bounce and fans start coming back, always been that way and always will be. Maybe the club may not attract quite as many but it doesn’t take much for3000 to become 5000 when results are positive.

Rumours that a sale is once again imminent have reappeared and maybe just maybe this time it may get over the line. Let’s hope so as this low playing budget is not helping our cause and will certainly not help us recruit the calibre of manager required.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 16, 2019, 10:32pm; Reply: 3
After the last 48 hours I suspect we might get a result at Newport but only so we can completely humiliate ourselves on national primetime television in the second round.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 16, 2019, 10:35pm; Reply: 4
Give over - isn’t there enough negativity going  around??? Let’s get the win at Newport and do the biz on the telly to see us into Round 3
Posted by: denni266, November 16, 2019, 10:45pm; Reply: 5
I think any investor /  buyer will want to sweep the whole place clean before even thinking about putting there hand in there pocket . We are not going to get a decent manager here after Jolleys rant , and the state of the budget available. Any manager who would want to be here now must be hard up or desperate imo. This could be the worst season in many ways for our club , worse than going out the league 6 yrs ago.  Anyone know international rescues number cos hell are we going to need them
Posted by: moosey_club, November 16, 2019, 10:46pm; Reply: 6
The whole thing is just soul destroying, embarrassing and just makes you want to give up.  Problem is, these episodes seem to be coming more frequently and each time seems to be a new low.
Maybe its the modern day media /social media , that makes these things more accessible/available that years ago would have remained behind closed doors but under the recent tenure there seems to have been a steady flow of this cr@p eminating from the club.

Posted by: SomeSanity, November 16, 2019, 10:52pm; Reply: 7
The laughable thing is that them at the club think they’re doing a great job.
Posted by: sam gy, November 16, 2019, 11:03pm; Reply: 8
The Farage fiasco has left a sick taste in my mouth, and what with all this crap now...one step forward, five steps back.

I’ll be highly surprised if we get any decent performances anytime soon from the players, imagine they’re feeling pretty flat and lost right now. They’ve been sold down the river as much as we have.
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 17, 2019, 2:22am; Reply: 9
Quoted from sam gy
The Farage fiasco has left a sick taste in my mouth, and what with all this crap now...one step forward, five steps back.

I’ll be highly surprised if we get any decent performances anytime soon from the players, imagine they’re feeling pretty flat and lost right now. They’ve been sold down the river as much as we have.

How is it a fiasco, the evening was packed out by people who wanted to be there, have the tories or labour done anything like this to reach out to the people, no. Some of the players are partly to blame maybe they are more ashamed than feeling flat.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 17, 2019, 8:00am; Reply: 10
There is no way that farage hiring a room is going to put off potential managers. It was not a smart move but no candidate will give two hoots. As for the recording it actually exonerates the club a bit. It shows Jolley was sacked because he couldn't deal with the pressure more than for results. Anybody that thinks they can't deal with the pressure shouldn't apply.
Posted by: buckstown, November 17, 2019, 8:13am; Reply: 11
If the Brexit party had rented the Memorial Hall would that have stopped anyone from going there again, or buying it should it be for sale?
Never heard such a bunch of drama queens for goodness sake
Posted by: chaos33, November 17, 2019, 8:16am; Reply: 12
Given the comments made about what all managers have apparently said it also evidently says to prospective managers:

The club has a meagre budget
The club is shrouded in negativity
The club is going nowhere in football terms
There’s no such thing as ‘off the record’
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 17, 2019, 8:20am; Reply: 13
Quoted from GrimRob
There is no way that farage hiring a room is going to put off potential managers. It was not a smart move but no candidate will give two hoots. As for the recording it actually exonerates the club a bit. It shows Jolley was sacked because he couldn't deal with the pressure more than for results. Anybody that thinks they can't deal with the pressure shouldn't apply.

It was hardly great PR though Rob and coupled with the leaking of Jolleys tirade, mainly the part how cr@p our budget is, has done nothing but show the club in a poor light ...
I work in an industry where 1 bad review/complaint by a client can ruin my firms reputation and have any new, prospective clients going straight to my competitors...
As in football, the recent events at GTFC will make any investor think twice right now and rebuilding the clubs reputation is very difficult and can be a long road to recovery....
Anybody looking from the outside in will question what they're getting involved in, so yes, any potential new manager will now have second thoughts....
Ask yourself why investors swerved Bury FC?...all down to the poor reputation of their Chairman/owner...no reference to our own in that statement as in fairness, for all of JSF faults at least we still have a club to go support, it just shows how reputation affect's investment...
Posted by: mariner91, November 17, 2019, 9:19am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Surprisingly in football whatever is going on off the field win three games on the bounce and fans start coming back, always been that way and always will be. Maybe the club may not attract quite as many but it doesn’t take much for3000 to become 5000 when results are positive.

Rumours that a sale is once again imminent have reappeared and maybe just maybe this time it may get over the line. Let’s hope so as this low playing budget is not helping our cause and will certainly not help us recruit the calibre of manager required.

Have they?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 17, 2019, 3:01pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from sam gy

The Farage "fiasco" is a confected outrage by people who don't agree with him, including you it seems.

Grimsby voted for Brexit, many people will support the Brexit party (the event itself was a sell out) so it may have left you with a sick taste in your mouth but you may well be in the minority.

A Tory councillor owns the club; I ahve not heard one person ever say he is not going to BP because I don't agree with the owners political views.

There is plenty wrong at BP, but hiring out one of its main income streams available to anyone is not one of them.
Posted by: wembley_double98, November 17, 2019, 3:13pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
One thing will never change is US the fans - this is our club and our Town - nobody NOBODY will change that - let’s stick by our club and get to if not Newport then Northampton and be loud and proud and support GRIMSBY TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB - no manager or board member should ever change that and stop our support for our club

ALL TOWN ARENT WE???

A very good shout Tim, will you be there to meet us for a pre match pint at Northampton? Sixfields Tavern......
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 17, 2019, 3:40pm; Reply: 17

The Farage "fiasco" is a confected outrage by people who don't agree with him, including you it seems.

Grimsby voted for Brexit, many people will support the Brexit party (the event itself was a sell out) so it may have left you with a sick taste in your mouth but you may well be in the minority.

A Tory councillor owns the club; I ahve not heard one person ever say he is not going to BP because I don't agree with the owners political views.

There is plenty wrong at BP, but hiring out one of its main income streams available to anyone is not one of them.

Farage at BP wasn't a fiasco, it was a sell out and full of people who wanted him there, none of the Drama Queens / cry baby remoaners went to challenge Nige did they, no, they just wet their knickers and whined about it on social media, boo hoo, I'm so hurt and offended ;D

Well Nige had a great night and now thinks the people of Grimsby love him and want Brexit so well done for staying away remoaners and cry babies, he doesn't read the Grimsby telegraph or fishy so you remoaners have lost again  ;D
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 17, 2019, 4:52pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Well, with the Farage f@ck up and now the Jolley tirade any creditability this club may have had has now gone round the U bend quicker than Hamilton round Silverstone!!..
Surely any potential investor or manager will give us a wider birth than Bella Hendbergs backside!!..
The lights have gone out at GTFC now and it's going to be a tough job for any person to clear the muddy waters that are around our once great, historical club right now

In over 50 years I have seen some excrement managers, excrement directors, absolute excrement football, but it won't stop me going, it's in the blood.(wallbash2)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 17, 2019, 5:20pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from arryarryarry

In over 50 years I have seen some excrement managers, excrement directors, absolute excrement football, but it won't stop me going, it's in the blood.(wallbash2)

I didn't start the thread to question the loyalty of the fans...we have the greatest, most loyal and faithful fans..I'm one if those and will not stop going because the clubs in the dirt....
All I am saying, and certainly now the nationals are reporting on MJs tirade, that attracting investment, staff, managers has now been made that little bit harder...
Or you could say, no publicity is bad publicity, make of it what you will..
Posted by: Rik e B, November 17, 2019, 9:02pm; Reply: 20
What a crock of old crap.

The Farage 'fiasco' only a fiasco to a few local whingeing remainers, the club didn't present shirts -the BP MP had them made personally. And Jolley has mad a fool of himself, again not the clubs doing. The club didn't leak the footage, why would any football club air their dirty laundry in public.

Give it a couple of weeks this will all be water under the bridge, especially if the new management team can eek out some coherent performances from squad.

Sneak into the playoffs and the place will be rammed back end of season mark my words.

Think some people just like drama and want any old stick to beat the club with, couple that with Remainer whingeing and you've got a mountain out a molehill.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 18, 2019, 8:37am; Reply: 21
Quoted from wembley_double98

A very good shout Tim, will you be there to meet us for a pre match pint at Northampton? Sixfields Tavern......

I'm meeting up with some Cobblers friends but sure will see you guys at some point for sure - hope you all are keeping well

Posted by: rancido, November 18, 2019, 12:07pm; Reply: 22

You only have to look at how many seats the Brexit Party won at the European Elections to see that they have the support of a lot more people than some on here realise or care to acknowledge.
Posted by: mimma, November 18, 2019, 12:17pm; Reply: 23
In the last general election UKIP were making the same noises about brexit. They got hammered at the polls.

Apart from their views on brexit they don't have one single coherent policy on anything.

Voting for them in a general election is a wasted vote IMHO.
Posted by: realist, November 18, 2019, 12:23pm; Reply: 24
I think the Farage meeting was excellent pr for the club. After all the club us owned by a true blue conservative and by allowing one of  his electoral challengers to use the clubs facilities shows an open and diverse culture which should be applauded
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 19, 2019, 1:47pm; Reply: 25

So if they hosted a convention of men who liked sniffing girls' knickers, you'd be fully in support? I mean, like Brexit, it's not for everyone but there is still a demand...
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 19, 2019, 2:19pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Son of Cod

So if they hosted a convention of men who liked sniffing girls' knickers, you'd be fully in support? I mean, like Brexit, it's not for everyone but there is still a demand...

Really? I thought the bottom had fallen out of that market
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 19, 2019, 2:25pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Son of Cod

No, that would need to be corsets.

Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, November 19, 2019, 2:37pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Rik e B
What a crock of old crap.

The Farage 'fiasco' only a fiasco to a few local whingeing remainers, the club didn't present shirts -the BP MP had them made personally. And Jolley has mad a fool of himself, again not the clubs doing. The club didn't leak the footage, why would any football club air their dirty laundry in public.

Give it a couple of weeks this will all be water under the bridge, especially if the new management team can eek out some coherent performances from squad.

Sneak into the playoffs and the place will be rammed back end of season mark my words.

Think some people just like drama and want any old stick to beat the club with, couple that with Remainer whingeing and you've got a mountain out a molehill.

While I would disagree with being classed as a whinging remainer (I think there are a good number of people like myself who voted remain but accept as we live in a democracy we have to respect the result of the vote and concentrate on trying to make everyone's lot better in the country). I think allowing Farage at the club with his political past was not exactly sending the right message to the wider public of Grimsby. Not if you want that to be a message of inclusion and diversity (like the mural that the club made much fan fare of for example).

Though I do agree that a few wins and this past week will all seem a distant memory.

Personally I would like to thank the club for inadvertently making the past week far more interesting than it would have been. Who needs football when we have had the levels of entertainment we have been treated to lately. Getting to Game of Thrones level of drama these days  ;D

Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 8:53am