This thread currently has 5,809 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
November 17, 2019, 8:00am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
There is no way that farage hiring a room is going to put off potential managers. It was not a smart move but no candidate will give two hoots. As for the recording it actually exonerates the club a bit. It shows Jolley was sacked because he couldn't deal with the pressure more than for results. Anybody that thinks they can't deal with the pressure shouldn't apply.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 28
buckstown
November 17, 2019, 8:13am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
If the Brexit party had rented the Memorial Hall would that have stopped anyone from going there again, or buying it should it be for sale?
Never heard such a bunch of drama queens for goodness sake
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
chaos33
November 17, 2019, 8:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Given the comments made about what all managers have apparently said it also evidently says to prospective managers:

The club has a meagre budget
The club is shrouded in negativity
The club is going nowhere in football terms
There’s no such thing as ‘off the record’

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
Northbank Mariner
November 17, 2019, 8:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from GrimRob
There is no way that farage hiring a room is going to put off potential managers. It was not a smart move but no candidate will give two hoots. As for the recording it actually exonerates the club a bit. It shows Jolley was sacked because he couldn't deal with the pressure more than for results. Anybody that thinks they can't deal with the pressure shouldn't apply.

It was hardly great PR though Rob and coupled with the leaking of Jolleys tirade, mainly the part how cr@p our budget is, has done nothing but show the club in a poor light ...
I work in an industry where 1 bad review/complaint by a client can ruin my firms reputation and have any new, prospective clients going straight to my competitors...
As in football, the recent events at GTFC will make any investor think twice right now and rebuilding the clubs reputation is very difficult and can be a long road to recovery....
Anybody looking from the outside in will question what they're getting involved in, so yes, any potential new manager will now have second thoughts....
Ask yourself why investors swerved Bury FC?...all down to the poor reputation of their Chairman/owner...no reference to our own in that statement as in fairness, for all of JSF faults at least we still have a club to go support, it just shows how reputation affect's investment...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
mariner91
November 17, 2019, 9:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,637
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Surprisingly in football whatever is going on off the field win three games on the bounce and fans start coming back, always been that way and always will be. Maybe the club may not attract quite as many but it doesn’t take much for3000 to become 5000 when results are positive.

Rumours that a sale is once again imminent have reappeared and maybe just maybe this time it may get over the line. Let’s hope so as this low playing budget is not helping our cause and will certainly not help us recruit the calibre of manager required.

Have they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
lew chaterleys lover
November 17, 2019, 3:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from sam gy
The Farage fiasco has left a sick taste in my mouth, and what with all this crap now...one step forward, five steps back.

I’ll be highly surprised if we get any decent performances anytime soon from the players, imagine they’re feeling pretty flat and lost right now. They’ve been sold down the river as much as we have.

The Farage "fiasco" is a confected outrage by people who don't agree with him, including you it seems.

Grimsby voted for Brexit, many people will support the Brexit party (the event itself was a sell out) so it may have left you with a sick taste in your mouth but you may well be in the minority.

A Tory councillor owns the club; I ahve not heard one person ever say he is not going to BP because I don't agree with the owners political views.

There is plenty wrong at BP, but hiring out one of its main income streams available to anyone is not one of them.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
wembley_double98
November 17, 2019, 3:13pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +154
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
One thing will never change is US the fans - this is our club and our Town - nobody NOBODY will change that - let’s stick by our club and get to if not Newport then Northampton and be loud and proud and support GRIMSBY TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB - no manager or board member should ever change that and stop our support for our club

ALL TOWN ARENT WE???

A very good shout Tim, will you be there to meet us for a pre match pint at Northampton? Sixfields Tavern......

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.
The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
Marinerz93
November 17, 2019, 3:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

The Farage "fiasco" is a confected outrage by people who don't agree with him, including you it seems.

Grimsby voted for Brexit, many people will support the Brexit party (the event itself was a sell out) so it may have left you with a sick taste in your mouth but you may well be in the minority.

A Tory councillor owns the club; I ahve not heard one person ever say he is not going to BP because I don't agree with the owners political views.

There is plenty wrong at BP, but hiring out one of its main income streams available to anyone is not one of them.

Farage at BP wasn't a fiasco, it was a sell out and full of people who wanted him there, none of the Drama Queens / cry baby remoaners went to challenge Nige did they, no, they just wet their knickers and whined about it on social media, boo hoo, I'm so hurt and offended

Well Nige had a great night and now thinks the people of Grimsby love him and want Brexit so well done for staying away remoaners and cry babies, he doesn't read the Grimsby telegraph or fishy so you remoaners have lost again  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
arryarryarry
November 17, 2019, 4:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Well, with the Farage f@ck up and now the Jolley tirade any creditability this club may have had has now gone round the U bend quicker than Hamilton round Silverstone!!..
Surely any potential investor or manager will give us a wider birth than Bella Hendbergs backside!!..
The lights have gone out at GTFC now and it's going to be a tough job for any person to clear the muddy waters that are around our once great, historical club right now

In over 50 years I have seen some excrement managers, excrement directors, absolute excrement football, but it won't stop me going, it's in the blood.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
Northbank Mariner
November 17, 2019, 5:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from arryarryarry

In over 50 years I have seen some excrement managers, excrement directors, absolute excrement football, but it won't stop me going, it's in the blood.

I didn't start the thread to question the loyalty of the fans...we have the greatest, most loyal and faithful fans..I'm one if those and will not stop going because the clubs in the dirt....
All I am saying, and certainly now the nationals are reporting on MJs tirade, that attracting investment, staff, managers has now been made that little bit harder...
Or you could say, no publicity is bad publicity, make of it what you will..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › All creditability has disappeared

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.