9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
bax
November 9, 2019, 8:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Let’s not beat about the bush, that was absolutely dire. One paced, flat footed, lack of any forward movement and so much hoofing my neck hurts.

Plan A failed after about six matches. Quite why Jolley cannot see that booting it to Hanson when he is isolated with no one around him isn’t working is anyone’s guess.  We are so poor tactically the goal conceded was inevitable. We give teams far too much respect and time and we are so flat in formation teams can get into pockets and dictate games. Jordan Cook was essentially a right wing back today he was so deep. Where were the forward runners? Did anyone get beyond Hanson once today? Why did we defend so seep aedond half? Why on earth was he bringing Davis on when we needed to get up the pitch to relieve pressure?!

There’s very little difference between today and the last few weeks of the Russell Slade era. I desperately wanted Jolley to be a success but he’s not learning from any of his mistakes and I don’t have any confidence that he’s learning anything about his team given the same turgid performances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 89
wuffing
November 9, 2019, 8:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +833
Gold Stars: 38
Dear God, please help me, I support Grimsby Town.

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 89
toontown
November 9, 2019, 8:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
I liked jolley, but he has to turn this around now and sharpish. The crowd was well below my expectations - the fayre is so dull it's putting lots of people off. Jolley has a few weeks to change course or else I feel fentys hand may be forced anyway, and better to do it before the transfer window if getting rid.

He has to start learning lessons, pick a style and formation- I doubt he will...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 89
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2019, 8:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Not that I’m a fan but seeing Seb Ring in the stand and Starbuck on the bench? Cardwell playing for Town whilst Vernam is playing for Chorley? Really? What is happening?
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 89
bax
November 9, 2019, 8:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Not that I’m a fan but seeing Seb Ring in the stand and Starbuck on the bench? Cardwell playing for Town whilst Vernam is playing for Chorley? Really? What is happening?

I’d be amazed if Seb doesn’t have a move lined up for Jan. his other half is expecting and he has 6 months left on his contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 89
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2019, 8:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from bax

I’d be amazed if Seb doesn’t have a move lined up for Jan. his other half is expecting and he has 6 months left on his contract.

Still should be used while he’s on the payroll. I think I’m better than Cardwell and I can give home 30 odd years, two knackered knees and 40 years of sciatica.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 89
arryarryarry
November 9, 2019, 8:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from dicko995
Before we played Chelsea,we were tearing teams apart, and scoring freely, hence me putting a bet on for promotion. Since then, we haven't got a clue. The Camp is in disarray, we just don't want to play for each other. In home games where we should be on the front foot and attacking, we sit back and defend, and whacking the ball from defence to Hanson, sometimes a lone figure. What the hell has happened to our game plan. These players were playing their socks off a couple months ago, now there is no belief. Maybe swapping and changing doesn't help, but they are the same players who know each other. Theres no wide play in force, the midfield are lethargic, no support for Hanson, it seems the belief in winning has gone. Maybe some of you are right, and time for a change in management, for someone more professional, and a bit nastier. Its not good for the eyes nowadays, and the expectancy of a win is diminishing before the game even starts. The Blundell Park fortress is missing a brick day by day, and I don't see any repairs to it. Come on Mr.Jolley, bring back the belief and tactics you played a few months ago, stop swapping ideas and keep to the winning one, one job, you only have one job, to win. Its going to be an uphill fight now, games are mounting up, every game and point counts. Show us supporters a reason to turn up and get value for our money. UTM.

" Before we played Chelsea we were tearing teams apart".

You're having a laff or smoking something dodgy.

I suggest you take a look at the results in September, one  win against Macclesfield the rest was crap.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 89
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2019, 8:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

" Before we played Chelsea we were tearing teams apart".

You're having a laff or smoking something dodgy.

I suggest you take a look at the results in September, one  win against Macclesfield the rest was crap.

We won at Exeter in September.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 89
bax
November 9, 2019, 9:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Still should be used while he’s on the payroll. I think I’m better than Cardwell and I can give home 30 odd years, two knackered knees and 40 years of sciatica.

Cardwell won more headers in 5 mins today than Hanson in 90! And would you have Ring in over Gibson or Hendrie? I wouldn’t.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 89
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2019, 9:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from bax

Cardwell won more headers in 5 mins today than Hanson in 90! And would you have Ring in over Gibson or Hendrie? I wouldn’t.

I’d have Ring on the bench before Starbuck. He looked really pised off in the Main Stand today.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newport thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.