bax
November 9, 2019, 9:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’d have Ring on the bench before Starbuck. He looked really pised off in the Main Stand today.

Just like 2000 others then 😂

(Also isn’t Starbuck a midfielder?)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 89
lew chaterleys lover
November 9, 2019, 9:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from bax

Cardwell won more headers in 5 mins today than Hanson in 90! And would you have Ring in over Gibson or Hendrie? I wouldn’t.

I think Cardwell is amongst the worst forward players I have seen in a Town shirt and I have been going for 60 years.

What the hell Jolley was thinking in extending his contract God only knows. Even after all this time the best he can get is a few minutes at the end of the occasional match as a last throw of the dice.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 89
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2019, 9:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230

I think Cardwell is amongst the worst forward players I have seen in a Town shirt and I have been going for 60 years.

What the hell Jolley was thinking in extending his contract God only knows. Even after all this time the best he can get is a few minutes at the end of the occasional match as a last throw of the dice.

Cardwell joins a list of non striking strikers that goes back to the likes of Steve Saunders and Bungle Jeffrey and includes many other notables in between.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 89
Northbank Mariner
November 9, 2019, 9:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,390
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Northbank Mariner on another thread.

Guilty as charged your honour ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 89
golfer
November 9, 2019, 10:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
Just looked at the highlights-never a penalty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 89
Hagrid
November 9, 2019, 10:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Not that I’m a fan but seeing Seb Ring in the stand and Starbuck on the bench? Cardwell playing for Town whilst Vernam is playing for Chorley? Really? What is happening?

Its flipping outrageous. If i was ring id be telling Jolley to stuff it, Wright injured so we send a winger out on loan. And bring on a man with 1 league goal in 3 years. Bring on clifton whos been dire this season, gone backwards. Fed up of it all, makes no sense to me or any others. We’re rubbish absolute rubbish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 89
Stadium
November 9, 2019, 11:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from golfer

No protests from the players or comment by the manager.
Think it was pretty much stonewall.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 89
HertsGTFC
November 9, 2019, 11:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Hagrid

Its flipping outrageous. If i was ring id be telling Jolley to stuff it, Wright injured so we send a winger out on loan. And bring on a man with 1 league goal in 3 years. Bring on clifton whos been dire this season, gone backwards. Fed up of it all, makes no sense to me or any others. We’re rubbish absolute rubbish.

Stuff I don’t get ......Pollock does well at CB earlier in the year and gets dropped but today we need a RB and he gets thrown in ahead of Davis who in the past has proven he’s competent in that role.

We then effectively play Cooke in the right wing position when he’s an attacking mid or one of a front two.

Charlie is sent out on loan and cup tied?? But Cardwell who needs game time is left at home for the odd injury time cameo.

I’m not sure Ring is near good enough but unless he gets some involvement we‘lol never know.

Robson despite scoring a couple of good goals since he’s been here unlike Embleton seems to hide from the ball rather than being hungry for it, surely H Clifton despite a mixed season to date is worth investing in?

So many things feel @rse about face at the moment it’s getting worrying

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 89
moss_side_mariner
November 10, 2019, 8:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from golfer

It was obvious they were going to fall over in the penalty area at any slight contact. They did it all over the pitch. Never seen such a bunch of fannies. Apart from O’Brien. O’Brien wasn’t a fanny. O’Brien was an out and out (unt.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 89
golfer
November 10, 2019, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
Who was that fat bloke who fell everytime he was tackled-he's got a bigger arsen than carol vorderman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newport thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.