Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 57 points?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 287 Guests

57 points?

This thread currently has 5,968 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
November 6, 2019, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Civvy at last
The managers can come and go.

But while the budget and the playing/training conditions remain the same not much will change.  Just the names.  

And for those that can’t understand why our budget doesn’t appear to match our attendances compared to other clubs.  It’s because they have more outside income than we do.
Whilst BP has some fantastic memories for me, it is now a millstone around our neck.

I am not sure about that.

I have been to business meetings at BP over the years, with the usual fish and chip lunch and bar facilities. Seemed ok to me. Obviously I would rather have a shiny new stadium with extra parking and what not, but if the same people were running the show I doubt it make much difference.

What is needed more is a can do attitude and making the most of the facilties we have - I doubt they are utilised to their maximum.

Although it was a long time ago, my wedding reception was held there, and most people commented on how novel it was and how enjoyable it was; in fact there should be a law passed that every Town fan should have their wedding reception there to help finance the club.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
toontown
November 7, 2019, 7:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,270
Gold Stars: 70

I am not sure about that.

I have been to business meetings at BP over the years, with the usual fish and chip lunch and bar facilities. Seemed ok to me. Obviously I would rather have a shiny new stadium with extra parking and what not, but if the same people were running the show I doubt it make much difference.

What is needed more is a can do attitude and making the most of the facilties we have - I doubt they are utilised to their maximum.

Although it was a long time ago, my wedding reception was held there, and most people commented on how novel it was and how enjoyable it was; in fact there should be a law passed that every Town fan should have their wedding reception there to help finance the club.

Sorry lew its true. There was an article on the BBC about the club's which have the heaviest reliance on through the gate income I.e.they generate less off the pitch compared to others. Town were one of those clubs. Will try and find it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
lew chaterleys lover
November 7, 2019, 9:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from toontown

Sorry lew its true. There was an article on the BBC about the club's which have the heaviest reliance on through the gate income I.e.they generate less off the pitch compared to others. Town were one of those clubs. Will try and find it

I have no doubt that part is true.

My point was - is BP being fully utilised or is it too easy to say "oh it will be different when we get a new stadium...."

There are a lot of division 4 grounds as bad or worse than BP surely? And according to your stats ALL of them provide greater revenue than BP off the pitch.

It is not great, we all know that,  but nevertheless it does have conference facilities that must be under used.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
diehardmariner
November 7, 2019, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
Blundell Park is not utilised to its full potential on match day, never mind during the week!

The big issue isn't in the dugout.  Don't get me wrong Jolley needs to improve and fast but he's probably another indication of we're getting what we paid for.  A manager with a lack of experience and a support team that's as equally young and naive.  We went cheap, hoped it be inspired and we're getting what we paid for.

The playing squad should ring alarm bells.  Our big summer signings were two strikers who are arguably past their best and on the way down the ladder.  How much interest would there have been in Hanson and Green considering their record of the last previous 18 months?

The club is run poorly with a short-sighted approach to everything.  That's the real issue.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Rik e B
November 7, 2019, 7:03pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
My brother had his wedding reception at McMenemy's a few years back... Very novel and I particularly enjoyed glancing out over the hallowed turf πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
KingstonMariner
November 7, 2019, 7:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rik e B
My brother had his wedding reception at McMenemy's a few years back... Very novel and I particularly enjoyed glancing out over the hallowed turf πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ

Why, was the best man down there getting some goalmouth action in the box?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
Rik e B
November 8, 2019, 6:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I was the best man πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ

Went out down Meggies after and the amount of devious sexy ladies who approached me thinking I was the groom-gone-rogue was astounding... Should try that trick more often πŸ€”πŸ˜…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
KingstonMariner
November 8, 2019, 10:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rik e B
I was the best man πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ

Went out down Meggies after and the amount of devious sexy ladies who approached me thinking I was the groom-gone-rogue was astounding... Should try that trick more often πŸ€”πŸ˜…

They’re competitive buggers aren’t they.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 57 points?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.