Heisenberg
November 2, 2019, 7:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,044
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Stadium

Nice to see Prince Harry fly to the other side of the world for an 80 minute rugby match, despite "climate change being a race against time and one in which we are losing".
Still I suppose it was important like Meghan's tennis match in New York.

I normally have a lot of time for the royals, but you are bang on with this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
Maringer
November 2, 2019, 9:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
To be honest, I thought we'd be in trouble pretty much as soon as Cole came on. I've seen him struggle in the scrum too often over the years, despite the number of caps he's won. Also, Daly has struggled in the past in aerial challenges. I know he's getting on a bit, but might somebody like Mike Brown have done a better job in that position?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
MuddyWaters
November 2, 2019, 10:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Maringer
To be honest, I thought we'd be in trouble pretty much as soon as Cole came on. I've seen him struggle in the scrum too often over the years, despite the number of caps he's won. Also, Daly has struggled in the past in aerial challenges. I know he's getting on a bit, but might somebody like Mike Brown have done a better job in that position?

Brown is 34, Daly 27. We lost control in the scrum, Marley and Sinckler should have been the prop picks.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
Maringer
November 3, 2019, 9:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Day's relative youth doesn't do him much good if he loses the aerial challenges. I know he's quite quick and can kick it a long way but that wasn't much use in yesterday's game.

Obviously, the fact that their scrum overpowered ours was the biggest issue. Bad luck about Sinckler as well, of course. The commentators seemed to think that Cole was better than him in the scrum, however?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
Rodley Mariner
November 3, 2019, 12:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Easy with hindsight to say in that one game that Brown would've coped with the aerial bombardment better but Daly has offered vastly more than Brown would have in a fantastic run to the final. Brown is solid defensively but offers too little in attack.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
Limerick Mariner
November 3, 2019, 12:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Maringer
Day's relative youth doesn't do him much good if he loses the aerial challenges. I know he's quite quick and can kick it a long way but that wasn't much use in yesterday's game.

Obviously, the fact that their scrum overpowered ours was the biggest issue. Bad luck about Sinckler as well, of course. The commentators seemed to think that Cole was better than him in the scrum, however?

Our scurm problems were on the Loosehead side and lack of grunt from the second row. At this level its all about mm - Marler and Kruis come on, we win a scrum penalty and the normally reliable Farrell misses by little more than the width of the post. Farrell kicks that and its a 3 point game with plenty of time to go. If we'd got some territory and put the Boks under pressure then they may have cracked. They defended twenty odd phases in the 22 in the first half but you can't keep that incredible defensive discipline for the whole game under constant pressure - the old Liverpool FC.way. We made more passes and more possession but made nothing from it because of handling errors ruck turnovers and our dodgy set piece - hence there was no continuity. The Boks didn't have it either but didn't need it because they kept the scoreboard ticking with the pens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
Rodley Mariner
November 3, 2019, 1:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Mtawarira is probably the best loosehead in the world. He may well have given Sinckler every bit as much trouble as he did Cole and more. Sinckler would have offered more in the loose though. We didn't lose because Sinckler got injured or Daly is too small - they comprehensively outplayed us throughout.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
Chips44
November 3, 2019, 1:41pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +127
Haven't a clue what people are talking about !!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
Ipswin
November 3, 2019, 2:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I would have thought playing any sport when your head is loose would be very dangerous, surely it would be covered by the concussion rules, no wonder he can't spell his name properly

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
Limerick Mariner
November 3, 2019, 3:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Ipswin
I would have thought playing any sport when your head is loose would be very dangerous, surely it would be covered by the concussion rules, no wonder he can't spell his name properly

There is a tighthead as well on the other side, the hooker is in the middle...and sometimes pops up for air if the pressure gets too much...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › World Cup Final, England v SA

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.