November 2, 2019, 1:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,815
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Or Japan...

Yes, I missed out some teams for simplicity, but my argument still stands!

I still wanted them to win, though, I’m not being TOTALLY dismissive of the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
Ipswin
November 2, 2019, 2:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete

See your point but don't forget Argentina

That little excrement Maradonna obviously thought he was playing for the rugby team

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
golfer
November 2, 2019, 2:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
I can't stand rugby but to give it it's due it doesn't have any prima donna's falling over at the slightest touch,arguing with the ref or acting as though they have won the lottery when they score a simple tap in. A rugby dressing room smells of sweat and muscle rub a football dressing room smells of Chanel No 5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
Stadium
November 2, 2019, 2:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
The only positive is Matt Dawson making a fool of himself yet again.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50246735

Goes to prove yet again that ex-players don't necessarily make the best pundits.,just like football one's.
He got all six points wrong.
He should stick to game shows...

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
Maringer
November 2, 2019, 3:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
They were dominant in the scrum and it's almost impossible to win games when that is going against you. Added to that, too many errors in the first half leading to easy points and we didn't have much of a chance chasing the game.

I'd equate their style of play as being the same as a long ball football team full of big, athletic players looking for set pieces. Very well executed, however, and we just couldn't cope on the day. They've always had a load of bruisers who can play a bit and we didn't deal with them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
Limerick Mariner
November 2, 2019, 3:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,554
Gold Stars: 133
Quoted from golfer
I can't stand rugby but to give it it's due it doesn't have any prima donna's falling over at the slightest touch,arguing with the ref or acting as though they have won the lottery when they score a simple tap in. A rugby dressing room smells of sweat and muscle rub a football dressing room smells of Chanel No 5

The way Japan played the game I'd take it for a spectacle over most Premiership games - incredible pace and skill...but they came up against the Bok brick wall as well...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 2, 2019, 3:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The better team on the day won the game. Last week it was England, this week SA. I have sympathy for the players who clearly gave their all. However we can rest assured they will be consoled and no doubt counselled by Prince Harry to ensure they suffer no lasting emotional damage.

I must admit though to one other mean and nasty thought, it is nice to see those know-all experts and journos, who had been predicting a walkover for England since the semi win over NZ, now getting their words rammed down their throats or up their laptops.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
Stadium
November 2, 2019, 5:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
The better team on the day won the game. Last week it was England, this week SA. I have sympathy for the players who clearly gave their all. However we can rest assured they will be consoled and no doubt counselled by Prince Harry to ensure they suffer no lasting emotional damage.

I must admit though to one other mean and nasty thought, it is nice to see those know-all experts and journos, who had been predicting a walkover for England since the semi win over NZ, now getting their words rammed down their throats or up their laptops.

Nice to see Prince Harry fly to the other side of the world for an 80 minute rugby match, despite "climate change being a race against time and one in which we are losing".
Still I suppose it was important like Meghan's tennis match in New York.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
MuddyWaters
November 2, 2019, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Losing Sinckler so early was a devastating blow.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › World Cup Final, England v SA

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.