Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another one bites the dust.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 170 Guests

Another one bites the dust.

This thread currently has 5,771 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Helgy
November 2, 2019, 11:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from LH

Haha like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
Helgy
November 2, 2019, 11:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Must be a bit of kicker now though Helgy, seeing as Appleton's not really cutting the mustard...what's the chances of him biting the dust before season's end seeing as though you have a board hell bent on success...

The board have given him a long contract so I doubt he would be got rid of, its important to let him get in his players should see that at the next window.
We only have 3 in contract at the end of the season so I expect big changes in the summer. He's inherited an unbalanced squad but only because of the previous managers (LH) squad set up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
HertsGTFC
November 2, 2019, 11:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,639
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Helgy

The board have given him a long contract so I doubt he would be got rid of, its important to let him get in his players should see that at the next window.
We only have 3 in contract at the end of the season so I expect big changes in the summer. He's inherited an unbalanced squad but only because of the previous managers (LH) squad set up.

Was Appleton the only applicant do you know Helgy?Though he’s have been dropping a level I thought you’d have gone for Adkins as he would have known how to keep your momentum going.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
lew chaterleys lover
November 2, 2019, 12:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Our record this year is W5 D4 L6 - hardly "constant rubbish" or "cannon fodder". It might not be the level of progress we would all love to see, but it is progress. Given he is also bringing through the young players and the club made a profit last year, I think he's doing a better job by a long way than what Slade was doing.

We were actually quite high in the table up to Christmas with Slade, until we dropped like a stone and I can only speculate, as is nearly always the case, that something went on "in the background"

Our sytle of play is not dissimilar to Slade, and we currently sit 18th in division 4, albeit with a game in hand. The manager is getting tetchy, the team is falling away - I wonder what the chances are that something has "gone on in the background"?

If you think that nearly 20 seasons in division 4, and in the lower reaches of it, together with 6 years in non-league is not constant rubbish then fair enough.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
Helgy
November 2, 2019, 2:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Was Appleton the only applicant do you know Helgy?Though he’s have been dropping a level I thought you’d have gone for Adkins as he would have known how to keep your momentum going.

There were others but they were happy were they were ,Adkins was a good shout but Appleton is a good appointment and is his own man which I think is important.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
grimsby pete
November 2, 2019, 3:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Helgy

Our manager has got a longer contract it's never ending    

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
FishOutOfWater
November 2, 2019, 3:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from denni266
I have been saying for two yrs that MJ  is not a manager  and is not learning from his mistakes. He is probably a very good coach of players but that is not what a proper manager does, its a whole different world. I would think that 70% of experienced managers struggle at times so MJ has no chance in the long run. Hanson is a very good winner of the ball especially in the air, but you need players round him to run on to flick ons etc. At the moment he wins the ball and has no options but to try hold on to it until maby one player gets near him 10 seconds too late

To be honest I'd never heard of Jolley until he joined us last year.... credit to you for keeping tabs on him back then though and keeping everyone informed
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 36
FishOutOfWater
November 2, 2019, 3:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37

We were actually quite high in the table up to Christmas with Slade, until we dropped like a stone and I can only speculate, as is nearly always the case, that something went on "in the background"

Our sytle of play is not dissimilar to Slade, and we currently sit 18th in division 4, albeit with a game in hand. The manager is getting tetchy, the team is falling away - I wonder what the chances are that something has "gone on in the background"?

If you think that nearly 20 seasons in division 4, and in the lower reaches of it, together with 6 years in non-league is not constant rubbish then fair enough.

It's a good job you weren't born in to being a Rochdale suppporter Lew..... they spent nearly twice that length of time in the bottom division.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 36
lew chaterleys lover
November 2, 2019, 4:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

It's a good job you weren't born in to being a Rochdale suppporter Lew..... they spent nearly twice that length of time in the bottom division.

I'm spoiled  

Some of us have seen better days, but those poor sods born in the last 20 years have had division 4 or non-league like it or lump it.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
KingstonMariner
November 2, 2019, 8:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

On that long term view Lew, you could hardly blame Jolley then.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another one bites the dust.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.