Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another one bites the dust.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 169 Guests

Another one bites the dust.

This thread currently has 5,805 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Roast Em Bobby
November 1, 2019, 8:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 44
He's improved us quite significantly given the financial constraints he has to work within. You seem to be forgetting just how bad we were when he took over. Last season was a marginal improvement on the year before, and this year is looking like a similar level of improvement on last. Improving year on year is good management in any line of business.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
Northbank Mariner
November 1, 2019, 9:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
He's improved us quite significantly given the financial constraints he has to work within. You seem to be forgetting just how bad we were when he took over. Last season was a marginal improvement on the year before, and this year is looking like a similar level of improvement on last. Improving year on year is good management in any line of business.

Absolutely balls...we've not improved in our playing style at all, yes we were gash before he took over, even Stevie Wonder could see that, but to say he's improved us is gash... we're regressing back to Slade ball quicker than than the sinking of the Titanic..
I've said we have better squad, but until he sorts out our style of play and puts a stamp on it I'll carry on saying he's no more than an a wanna be professional footballer who didn't make it and thinks he can make it as a league football manager...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
lew chaterleys lover
November 1, 2019, 9:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,691
Gold Stars: 236

I don't see that at all.

We are constantly rubbish, but not quite as rubbish as last time is not what I call progress.

I thought we may have turned a corner earlier in the season, but that has drifted off into the ether as always.

Despite several false starts we cannot seem to get a run going that will get the club rocking. If our progress is so slow as not to notice, what is the point?

The only plus point is that we are actually in the Football League, but we have got to start showing we want to improve our fourth tier cannon fodder tag asap before we start slipping backwards again.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
Northbank Mariner
November 1, 2019, 9:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171

I don't see that at all.

We are constantly rubbish, but not quite as rubbish as last time is not what I call progress.

I thought we may have turned a corner earlier in the season, but that has drifted off into the ether as always.

Despite several false starts we cannot seem to get a run going that will get the club rocking. If our progress is so slow as not to notice, what is the point?

The only plus point is that we are actually in the Football League, but we have got to start showing we want to improve our fourth tier cannon fodder tag asap before we start slipping backwards again.

With you completely Lew...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
Abdul19
November 1, 2019, 9:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,528
Gold Stars: 215
We were 15 without a win when he took over and looked like it, I think we've improved since then. Maybe not as much as we all wanted, but improved nonetheless.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
denni266
November 1, 2019, 9:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
I have been saying for two yrs that MJ  is not a manager  and is not learning from his mistakes. He is probably a very good coach of players but that is not what a proper manager does, its a whole different world. I would think that 70% of experienced managers struggle at times so MJ has no chance in the long run. Hanson is a very good winner of the ball especially in the air, but you need players round him to run on to flick ons etc. At the moment he wins the ball and has no options but to try hold on to it until maby one player gets near him 10 seconds too late
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
HertsGTFC
November 1, 2019, 10:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Abdul19
We were 15 without a win when he took over and looked like it, I think we've improved since then. Maybe not as much as we all wanted, but improved nonetheless.

Though I don’t like getting dicked 4 - 0 at home to a team we should beat and his platitudes are beginning to grind my gears we where on the slide big style when MJ came in.

He does appear to have gone a bit quiet on “being accessible” though.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
dapperz fun pub
November 2, 2019, 12:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,905
Gold Stars: 82
Looks like MJ is struggling really didn’t have him down as the falling out with crowd type , normally a good indicator of the path he’s on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
Roast Em Bobby
November 2, 2019, 8:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 44

I don't see that at all.

Our record this year is W5 D4 L6 - hardly "constant rubbish" or "cannon fodder". It might not be the level of progress we would all love to see, but it is progress. Given he is also bringing through the young players and the club made a profit last year, I think he's doing a better job by a long way than what Slade was doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 2, 2019, 9:03am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,676
Gold Stars: 73

Our record this year is W5 D4 L6 - hardly "constant rubbish" or "cannon fodder". It might not be the level of progress we would all love to see, but it is progress. Given he is also bringing through the young players and the club made a profit last year, I think he's doing a better job by a long way than what Slade was doing.

I accept at the end of the game the main judgement placed on a Manager and team is how many points did we get from the match, after that we will all have opinions on style, approach, commitment and the quality of individual players. However, I believe on a previous thread a poster was able to show that over the period of MJ’s tenure we took more points in the first 50% of matches as opposed to the second 50%, thus some of the perceived improvement is not factually correct.

I am a pretty patient fan and have not expected miracles and accept thatMJ was a novice, would make errors and had a lot to learn. Unfortunately, at present I am not witnessing any evidence in our performances to support the argument we are getting better. Like many the positive performances at the start of the season suggested he was going down a longer ball route but I am ok with this provided it’s done properly not half baked with a front three that play nowhere near each other with crosses made 30 yards or more from where they can cause the optimum problem for the opposition.

His after and pre- match interviews are as bland as PH and tell us nothing but that’s by the by in reality as I just want to go watch town and look forward to the experience and not like last week be more delighted when the game is actually postponed.

I would stick with MJ for the remainder of the season to see if the required progress and improvement can be achieved and to see if the a January transfer window can address some of the problems if not I would support a change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another one bites the dust.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.