Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 124 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 8,060 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
devs
October 12, 2019, 6:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Agree with all of above
Last 20 mins shows we need pace and energy
Hanson, Green and Whitehouse should be rested (dropped in non snowflake language)
Moses, Vernam and Rose to be given a good run (and Max when he comes back)
Hanson plays - we hoof ball up - living off scraps and it all gets fragmented, sloppy, wasteful and messy

Exeter match showed we have the passing game and pace and movement to frighten defences

Dropping Gibson meant we had to play Hendrie out of position!

Sorry Michael but this chopping and changing means we cant get any rhythm going; players out of natural positions; no cohesion; almost making it up on the hoof (literally); no real pace

Next week for me it's

Hess
Cook
Robson

Moses
Vernam
Rose

Pass it
Pace
Movement
Energy
Keep the ball

rant over....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
KingstonMariner
October 12, 2019, 7:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Snowflake language?! Glad you’re not in charge of the squad.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
AndyGTFC
October 12, 2019, 8:39pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Yeah, that team selection just didn’t work. Too many one paced players against a Stevenage team who looked well for it.

At least one of Wright, Ogbu, Rose or Vernam should always play for me or we become too easy to play against.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
TownSNAFU5
October 12, 2019, 8:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
The manager and team must have been motivated by watching England play (or rather not play) last night!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
forza ivano
October 12, 2019, 9:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,156
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Green and Whitehouse becoming v disappointing.

Agreed.doesn't help that hendrie and Clifton have gone backwards as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
chaos33
October 12, 2019, 9:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
I think there are quite a few that haven’t ‘come on’ in the way they should, or, at least, who have set earlier higher standards and then failed to perform to that level with any sort of consistency.
This is the best squad we’ve had since we came back up, even though it is far from perfectly balanced and we don’t look like we are contenders for relegation, generally speaking, so that’s an improvement. We are probably all thankful for that, but it is really frustrating at the moment.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
grimsby pete
October 12, 2019, 9:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
My first game of the season and to be honest it was a poor show from us,

We made the team bottom of the league look quite good,

I felt for Hanson because every cross was either cut out before it reached him or sailed over his head,

We need a winger who can run to the bye line and cross the ball to Hanson's Head,( Wright ) ?

OR

Not play him and put Moses in the middle which is his best position ,

Green ran about  a lot without doing much so it was just a very disjointed effort from a team that looked if they did not want to be there until Rose scored a lovely goal to give the tremendous following something to shout about.

I agree with the ones that say MJ  changes the team too much why he does not stick with a winning team baffles not only me but many others.

One last final point my train to Cambridge was late leaving Stevenage so I missed my connection to Thurston so I was an hour late getting home.

Roll on Cambridge lets hope for a better display and 3 points.

I can get to a few more games now I have my two new knees.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
FishOutOfWater
October 12, 2019, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from grimsby pete
My first game of the season and to be honest it was a poor show from us,

We made the team bottom of the league look quite good,

I felt for Hanson because every cross was either cut out before it reached him or sailed over his head,

We need a winger who can run to the bye line and cross the ball to Hanson's Head,( Wright ) ?

OR

Not play him and put Moses in the middle which is his best position ,

Green ran about  a lot without doing much so it was just a very disjointed effort from a team that looked if they did not want to be there until Rose scored a lovely goal to give the tremendous following something to shout about.

I agree with the ones that say MJ  changes the team too much why he does not stick with a winning team baffles not only me but many others.

One last final point my train to Cambridge was late leaving Stevenage so I missed my connection to Thurston so I was an hour late getting home.

Roll on Cambridge lets hope for a better display and 3 points.

I can get to a few more games now I have my two new knees.

Two new knees Pete.... maybe you’d have been  in contention for a game if Jolley actually could have made the 11 substitutions at HT like he suggested 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 31
scott_gtfc_89
October 12, 2019, 9:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
Vernam needs a run in the team, even if he struggles for a match or two he needs a run, Whitehouse on the wing was a rediculas decision whoever decided that when you players like Vernam, Ogbu and rose on the beach any of them are better than whitehouse in a wide position.

Gibson shouldn’t of been dropped his been solid last few days Hendrie is just not as effective of the left hand side.

We can actually play football as Exeter showed that, but hoofing upto Hanson every game is not working now, yeah he got 5 goals in his first five games but how many now? Zero because teams have us worked out, it’s not a conicidence, we need a plan B and if that means Hanson is dropped for a few games so be it and try it.

Disappointing today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
buckstown
October 12, 2019, 10:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,177
Gold Stars: 79
Well that was pants for the reasons others have highlighted.
How many times did we pass wide to a man standing still (usually Hendrie  or Whitehouse) when everyone in the ground knew what was happening 10 seconds before it did. Blow me down their defence spotted it so we had to go backwards again. Stevenage were made to look good going forward for the simple reason that they had a degree of movement which created a spare man.
We finally showed some passion and invention in the last ten but it was too late. We were so bad I'm not sure what the answer is but my suggestion would be to field the 11 that beat Exeter and say well done boys, go and do that again.
Word on the ref who I thought did ok, not least for booking their goalie for time wasting, but also for not caving in to their centre half Cuthbert who was in his ear all game
Highlight of the day was dinner in a Turkish restaurant with Mrs. Bucks after the game. Chicken livers to start and Moussaka for main. Mmmmmm I've nearly forgotten the game again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.