Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 162 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 8,023 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
October 12, 2019, 10:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
well at least Jolley didn,t try and paint it any other way in his post match interview....not good enough ..simple.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
Madeleymariner
October 12, 2019, 10:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Utter cack for 70 mins, no pace, no invention, no one on the pitch capable of taking a man on, ponderous gloop and looked no better than when  Slade was here, Whitehouse as winger   NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo. RB playing at LB NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Lump to Hanson Noooooooooooooooooo. Play football with pace and purpose yesssss please. Lets hope we get Max fit again to play alongside Ogbu and Rose. Only good performances today came from the subs, Also since Davies came back we have looked well dodgy in deferce, 2 goals from unmarked players on edge of 6 yard box, both times the only opposing player really in the box, shocking.   At least I got to go to a game with Younger Son Of for a change so one positive out of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
grimsby pete
October 13, 2019, 12:44am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
One think I forgot to mention was the stewards were very friendly and polite so fairs do,s they have learnt there lesson.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
Davec
October 13, 2019, 8:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Well that was poor! Stevenage were direct at times but they were aimed balls with a target in mind, ours was just hoof and hope, we was 2nd to every ball! The defending for both goals was mind boggling bad, maybe an unpopular opinion but I have never been convinced by Harry Davis and I think Pollock should be in front of him, Hendrie has regressed this season, potentially down to the fact he's playing out of position, after a shandy start Gibson has improved and has shown he is capable so why is he dropped to play Hendrie out of position? Whitehouse isn't a winger! Not skilfull enough, not quick enough and not technically good enough, I've been underwhelmed by Whitehouse, maybe playing out of position and his injury has hampered him but I don't think he should be  automatic pick, Green has been poor overall, he doesn't do enough in games and at times it seems to me he can't be arsed and he's living off the 2 wonder strikes against Chelsea and Colchester, Hanson has gone off the boil, probably because teams have worked out how to play against us, Hanson is also very capable with the ball at his feet so we don't always have to just hoof it up at every given oppurtunity, once again we are an unbalanced squad with little nataural width, not helped by Wright's injury but in the absence of Wright I would use Vernam more as given a run of games I think he could be a useful option, maybe Hanson Green and Whitehouse need benching for a period, I'm not writing them 3 off but they are not proving to be effective for whatever reason and time on the bench may be the answer, we are better than last season but I still think we are a couple of players at least away from being play off contenders come the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
sydney
October 13, 2019, 8:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
So Town win at a team that hasn’t lost
Then Town lose at a team that hasn’t won
That typifies been a Town Fan !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
HertsGTFC
October 13, 2019, 8:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,647
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from moosey_club
well at least Jolley didn,t try and paint it any other way in his post match interview....not good enough ..simple.

But he also didn’t appear to take any accountability for the selection or set up 🤔

He said “we could have made 11 subs at half time” but made none?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
TheRealJohnLewis
October 13, 2019, 8:43am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from HertsGTFC

But he also didn’t appear to take any accountability for the selection or set up 🤔

He said “we could have made 11 subs at half time” but made none?

One, Ogbu for Cook at HT

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
dapperz fun pub
October 13, 2019, 8:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from sydney
So Town win at a team that hasn’t lost
Then Town lose at a team that hasn’t won
That typifies been a Town Fan !

It’s the Grimsby way 😐
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
louth_in_the_south
October 13, 2019, 9:18am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
No point making the same comments that everyone else has made . They’re so glaringly obvious mistakes by the management with team selection that it was obvious after the first ten minutes that it was probably going to go wrong.
Highlight of the day was watching Ogbu’s ball juggling skills and balancing it on his head and chin at half time .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
rancido
October 13, 2019, 3:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from grimsby pete
My first game of the season and to be honest it was a poor show from us,

We made the team bottom of the league look quite good,

I felt for Hanson because every cross was either cut out before it reached him or sailed over his head,

We need a winger who can run to the bye line and cross the ball to Hanson's Head,( Wright ) ?

OR

Not play him and put Moses in the middle which is his best position ,

Green ran about  a lot without doing much so it was just a very disjointed effort from a team that looked if they did not want to be there until Rose scored a lovely goal to give the tremendous following something to shout about.

I agree with the ones that say MJ  changes the team too much why he does not stick with a winning team baffles not only me but many others.

One last final point my train to Cambridge was late leaving Stevenage so I missed my connection to Thurston so I was an hour late getting home.

Roll on Cambridge lets hope for a better display and 3 points.

I can get to a few more games now I have my two new knees.

That's good news - so you no longer play the part of Diogenes!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.