3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
September 10, 2019, 10:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Strange old game....started bright but then allowed them into the game and as on Saturday their shape gave us problems down the flanks, quick switches of play leaving our full backs exposed....after 20 mins i thought it was inevetable they would score but we then started playing possession football ourselves and the game went into a lull as our play was very lethargic.
Only Ogbu looked to attack his players with the rest of the players looking one paced and playing safe.

Half time i thought they edged the first half......second half one way traffic, Green and Ogbu went a little wider to restrict their wide play and we just upped the game....Hess everywhere, Ogbu running and using the ball well and they couldnt live with the tempo...how we didnt score i dont know, Hanson, Green, Ogbu, Whitehouse, Ohman, Pollock and that wonder solo run from Max Wright could have given us a cricket score on another day.
With time running down it felt like a last minute sickener might be coming up but no and tension of penalties just added to the win, fully deserved on that second half performance.
Jolley - good substitutions, Wright is a cracking impact player and added the strain on Macc when he came on. Cardwell on at the death for his penalty taking, fully justified.

MOM - Hess for relentless hassling and nullifying their centre midfield, Ogbu a close second for his attacking threat.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
bawarmy
September 10, 2019, 11:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,821
Gold Stars: 27
They (Macc) were playing for penalties after about 60 minutes so got what they deserved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
barralad
September 10, 2019, 11:07pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Spot on Moosey. It would have been a travesty if they'd won. Their keeper (bizarrely) appeared to be looking for penalties from about the hour mark.
Hessenthaler is fast becoming one of my favourite Town players this century..what an engine
Must admit my heart filled with dread when I saw Ogbu step up for his penalty but he put it away really well to cap a very good game for him.
Just a word for their defence. That clearance off the line was a remarkable feat of defending.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 10, 2019, 11:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Just want them to get the highlights uploaded now so I can see that Wright attempt again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
promotion plaice
September 10, 2019, 11:21pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Just want them to get the highlights uploaded now so I can see that Wright attempt again

How many of their players did he go past, I'm going for four ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
Kris2
September 10, 2019, 11:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from promotion plaice

How many of their players did he go past, I'm going for four ?

Left 5 for dead I think. Probably would have been an easy goal if he made the pass but at that point he's probably entitled to go for goal.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
toontown
September 10, 2019, 11:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
thought it was 5 but might have 'only' been 4 he went past lol!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 10, 2019, 11:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Hope the photographer snapped a Maradona-esque photo of it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
Kennyh
September 11, 2019, 6:26am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +48
Anyone see how Ethan Robson played, please?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
jonnyboy82
September 11, 2019, 6:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Kenny ethan robson was pretty anonymous apart from 1 very nice pass but as was most of the team first half, it was only until the 2nd half and we changed to a 442 i think we really got the better.

Ogbu Really played well last night imo and looks better every game but mattie pollock was standout for me and this lad is like a league 2 Harry maguire in he will head owt, can see clubs sniffing around him but also in max Wright too.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.