rancido
September 11, 2019, 11:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Oly1987
Clifton was brought on in the 74th minute and Germany smashed them 5-1. I hope he can get back in the team when he gets back as he will be competing with Whitehouse and Hess for the 2 workhorse spots in midfield.

Overall it was a pretty even game in my opinion. Ogbu may have some detractors but sometimes it seems like he has glue on his boots with his ability to hold the ball.

Wright for me was superb when he came on and as well as being a genuine attacking threat he also wasnt afraid to track back and put a tackle in. Probably should've squared it to Hanson after that amazing run but he'd earnt the right to try and finish it.

Pollock as I mentioned on another thread looked a little nervous at times but defended well and didnt get drawn into fouls. Only real criticism was him hoofing the ball whenever he had it at his feet but I'm not forgetting that the lad is only 17 and still has some developing to do. A fantastic prospect for town.

Exciting times when we have 3 home grown lads pushing for 1st team places and credit has to go to the youth setup, and Jolly for not being afraid to play them.

UTM

If it was a choice of Clifton or Hess then it would be Hess every time. I think Hess has been one of the" finds" for a long time and I hope we can keep him for many seasons to come. I do like the combination of Hess and Clifton as the " workhorses " in midfield and if we can find a " creative " midfielder to complement those two then IMO we have the basis for a very good midfield.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
thefish
September 11, 2019, 12:32pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from psgmariner
I was shocked by how few were there but guess the England game was a factor for some.

Thought we were the better team overall after improving after half time. Max Wright's cameo was hugely impressive and Ogbu did all his Ogbu things. As others have said Hess did very well at breaking up the play and then getting us going.

I think some of towns and MIAB's regulars are currently sunning themselves in Spain...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.