5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
September 3, 2019, 12:16am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Did the parent(s) pay for the seat? In that case there is no argument is there?

I remember a couple in the Barratt Stand years ago who came to BP with a baby less than a year old, stood there with it in a papoose thingy. Someone would most likely arrest them under H&S nowadays. Odd thing to do but must have been the youngest Town supporter I’ve seen at a game. If it made a row it was inaudible above the din we used to make in those good old days of standing up. Which makes another issue - what happens in an emergency? Do we reckon we could get a toddler out of a stand fire or whatever?

Must admit I do get fed up of people taking their kids to things where they naturally get bored and are a nuisance to other customers who end up paying good money for the privilege of being annoyed and having their experience spoilt. I’m thinking of restaurants, theatres and cinemas and the like. Probably BP does not come into that category ... though it is as quiet as Grimsby Library some days. Then parents make the excuse there’s no-one else to look after them so they have to take them and let the rest of the world be their babyminders. It is easy to condemn on both sides of this but it really isn’t straightforward is it?

I must admit I agree with this. I don't mind kids wandering around, in fact I'm happy with a more 'continental'  free and easy approach to kids in public, but I like the parents to have some awareness and expect decent behaviour. These days so many parents lack all (self)awareness. And in my experience it's usually the posher ones are the worst. Little Jocasta and Oliver can wander around pushing in without reprimand and never mind their Ps and Qs. I'll say one thing for the old school British middle class. They used to know how to behave.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 48
KingstonMariner
September 3, 2019, 12:21am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
dear me! think theres a way to go about expressing your opinion on matters Boys Paddock and the way you do it isn't the best

On disabled supporters my brother has down syndrome and loves it, group we sit with are fantastic with him, he can be a little pest but loves town and loves going to the games

About 14-15 years ago I went to a few Barnet home games with a mate, and there used to be one lad with Downs who used to get the crowd going if the atmosphere was flagging a bit. He was known as 'Little Man'. They loved him. 'Little Man Little Man give us a song' and he'd respond by starting 'we're on our wayyyyy'. Still makes me smile.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 48
CodHead
September 3, 2019, 10:11am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Quoted from The Boys Paddock
What is the point?

Had to endure 2 screaming little twits for quite a lot of yesterday's game.

Keep your crying brats away until theyar eold enought to appreciate it.

Its not a flipping nursery

Stop criticising other people’s children when you can’t spell they are.
I’m sure young children could spell that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 48
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 3, 2019, 10:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Ipswin
I was always taught to keep kids away from matches

I was too, and I do like those washing pod adverts that tell me to "keep away from children" as well.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 48
Son of Cod
September 3, 2019, 11:49am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196

Must admit I do get fed up of people taking their kids to things where they naturally get bored and are a nuisance to other customers who end up paying good money for the privilege of being annoyed and having their experience spoilt.

Spot on. I pay good money for the players of Grimsby Town to provide me with the privilege of being annoyed and having my experience spoilt. However, this Jolley fella seems hellbent on ruining that so we may as well get some small children in so we have someone to aim our booing at, right?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 48
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 3, 2019, 2:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Son of Cod

Spot on. I pay good money for the players of Grimsby Town to provide me with the privilege of being annoyed and having my experience spoilt. However, this Jolley fella seems hellbent on ruining that so we may as well get some small children in so we have someone to aim our booing at, right?

Very good. You did read the sentences that came after this one though, right?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 48
KingstonMariner
September 3, 2019, 2:39pm
Meths Drinker

I was too, and I do like those washing pod adverts that tell me to "keep away from children" as well.

I always have that reaction when I hear that ad.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 48
Son of Cod
September 3, 2019, 4:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196

Very good. You did read the sentences that came after this one though, right?

Haha yes, why else do you think I omitted them?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 48
golfer
September 3, 2019, 6:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
When I was 3   I was leader of GTFC  Junior Bovver Boys and used to really like going to BP especially to have a good scrap with the Scunts and Sincil Raiders.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Taking really young children to Matches

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.