5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
September 2, 2019, 12:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Would rather the club clamped down on grossly obese supporters with b.o squeezing into one seat ruining my experience than younger kids.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 48
supertown
September 2, 2019, 12:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,440
Gold Stars: 53
Some people even take them on planes 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 48
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 2, 2019, 12:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from supertown
Some people even take them on planes 😉

You made me think there.   When I was little we had no car and always had to go on our weeks holiday by bus or train and it seemed to take forever.  If you saw kids with their family you could bet your last farthing that they were sitting still looking at a comic or playing I-Spy or being travel sick. Wandering about was verboten.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
Hagrid
September 2, 2019, 1:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 534
dear me! think theres a way to go about expressing your opinion on matters Boys Paddock and the way you do it isn't the best

On disabled supporters my brother has down syndrome and loves it, group we sit with are fantastic with him, he can be a little pest but loves town and loves going to the games
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
FishOutOfWater
September 2, 2019, 1:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Did the parent(s) pay for the seat? In that case there is no argument is there?

I remember a couple in the Barratt Stand years ago who came to BP with a baby less than a year old, stood there with it in a papoose thingy. Someone would most likely arrest them under H&S nowadays. Odd thing to do but must have been the youngest Town supporter I’ve seen at a game. If it made a row it was inaudible above the din we used to make in those good old days of standing up. Which makes another issue - what happens in an emergency? Do we reckon we could get a toddler out of a stand fire or whatever?

Must admit I do get fed up of people taking their kids to things where they naturally get bored and are a nuisance to other customers who end up paying good money for the privilege of being annoyed and having their experience spoilt. I’m thinking of restaurants, theatres and cinemas and the like. Probably BP does not come into that category ... though it is as quiet as Grimsby Library some days. Then parents make the excuse there’s no-one else to look after them so they have to take them and let the rest of the world be their babyminders. It is easy to condemn on both sides of this but it really isn’t straightforward is it?

Saw this only a couple of weeks back in the Pontoon, so maybe it's not that uncommon even in this "H&S" compliant day and age

Got to admit I did a "double take" but the parents seemed ok with their little one being there.... their call so who am I to question their judgement?

I took all three of mine to see Town when they were all either 4 or 5 and didn't really have any issues as such other than them wanting the loos etc... with a baby you just need some nappies ( hopefully not being used to smuggle flares in to the ground though!     )

I first went when I was six and to be honest it was easier back then.... no seats to keep me in my place so I could roam around the Imperial Corner where my dad stood and also stand up on that fence that seemed just perfectly made for a young kid to climb up and see the game from close up
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 48
TonySmith
September 2, 2019, 3:28pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +969
Gold Stars: 11
  I took my 8 and 10 year old daughters to a pre-season friendly at Scunthorpe some years ago. I'm not sure that they learned a lot about the game, but they certainly learned some interesting new words!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 48
Croxton
September 2, 2019, 3:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from TonySmith
  I took my 8 and 10 year old daughters to a pre-season friendly at Scunthorpe some years ago. I'm not sure that they learned a lot about the game, but they certainly learned some interesting new words!

Took my 8 and 10 year old lads to Scunny to a Boxing day game 30 years ago. We were in the 'Family' stand. When Big Keith scored near the end a hail of coins flew over from the Grimsby stand. I tried to lead the lads to safety but they insisted on crawling under seats to collect as much cash as possible!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
Ipswin
September 2, 2019, 4:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I was always taught to keep kids away from matches

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
Bristol Mariner
September 2, 2019, 9:52pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from The Boys Paddock
What is the point?

Had to endure 2 screaming little twits for quite a lot of yesterday's game.

Keep your crying brats away until theyar eold enought to appreciate it.

Its not a flipping nursery

are you the real Nick Dale?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
KingstonMariner
September 3, 2019, 12:08am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mariner83
I sit near some proper mardy blokes in their 50/60s who do nothing but moan even when we're winning.

I wish their kids would leave them at home, it's not a bloody retirement home.

Cheeky young blighter! I'm mid-50s and I'm not ready for a 'home' yet. Though I wish I could afford to retire.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Taking really young children to Matches

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.