5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
September 1, 2019, 11:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
My autistic cousin got told "if he doesn't shut up I'll going to smack him one".. Really hard to explain to someone you actually know quite well who's under the influence of a lot of alcohol that actually it's YOUR cousin and he's shouting strange things and copying/repeating things because he's autistic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 48
NorthseaMariner
September 1, 2019, 11:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,524
Gold Stars: 11
Anybody can go, hope they enjoy it. Live and let live mate. Sometimes it’s not to your taste , but hey how.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 48
FrazerGTFC
September 2, 2019, 12:00am

Grimsby fan
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -234
Gold Stars: 1
What's one with youth coming to watch grimsby it's great for the club

Never be positive about town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 48
FrazerGTFC
September 2, 2019, 12:00am

Grimsby fan
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -234
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from FrazerGTFC
What's one with youth coming to watch grimsby it's great for the club

What's wrong

Never be positive about town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 48
Oly1987
September 2, 2019, 12:50am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
I work with adults with learning disabilities and they always have a great time when they go and there is very rarely any problems (I've had one in 4 and a half years and it was a steward not a fan!)

As to kids going I took my lad to his first game at the age of one and a half and he'll be 7 next month, and is still going to matches and even went to cheap side to get some autographs once.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 48
mariner83
September 2, 2019, 7:23am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
I sit near some proper mardy blokes in their 50/60s who do nothing but moan even when we're winning.

I wish their kids would leave them at home, it's not a bloody retirement home.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 25 - 48
fleabag1970
September 2, 2019, 7:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Stop being too hard on the OP  . he must be knackered what with that long journey from 1975..............

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 48
Kristine
September 2, 2019, 9:44am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Have to say I took both of mine when they were 18 months old, purely selfishly because it was that or not go.  More so away games then home games. Both now of the age (10 and 14) where they can choose not to bother but they rarely miss any.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 48
Mrs Doyle
September 2, 2019, 10:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Hoping to take my 6yr old grandson to his first match on Saturday. He may not get it but with more visits once he does get the bug it will be in him for life.

I don't want him becoming a armchair Man utd or other prem excrement supporter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 48
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 2, 2019, 11:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Did the parent(s) pay for the seat? In that case there is no argument is there?

I remember a couple in the Barratt Stand years ago who came to BP with a baby less than a year old, stood there with it in a papoose thingy. Someone would most likely arrest them under H&S nowadays. Odd thing to do but must have been the youngest Town supporter I’ve seen at a game. If it made a row it was inaudible above the din we used to make in those good old days of standing up. Which makes another issue - what happens in an emergency? Do we reckon we could get a toddler out of a stand fire or whatever?

Must admit I do get fed up of people taking their kids to things where they naturally get bored and are a nuisance to other customers who end up paying good money for the privilege of being annoyed and having their experience spoilt. I’m thinking of restaurants, theatres and cinemas and the like. Probably BP does not come into that category ... though it is as quiet as Grimsby Library some days. Then parents make the excuse there’s no-one else to look after them so they have to take them and let the rest of the world be their babyminders. It is easy to condemn on both sides of this but it really isn’t straightforward is it?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Taking really young children to Matches

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.