This thread currently has 9,117 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Biggles99999
August 26, 2019, 5:00pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +30
Good evening ladies and gents!

So a couple of years ago you may remember that the Internet Mariners held a very successful boycott game against Donny R’sonists, raising over £1500 for charity.

Well, as it stands the competition still stands in its current guise, the threat of B teams still exists and fans are still staying away in their droves (at most clubs).

So I am delighted to announce we are doing it all over again!

On the 3rd September the Internet Mariners will host an Iron Bru XI, kicking off at 6:30 with the game being played at Lucarlys.

This year all money raised will be split between the Rock Foundation and Scunthorpe Hospital Children’s Ward.

As always, we appreciate that the boycott is not for everyone and some people may be concerned about lost revenue for the club. If that is the case, then please purchase merchandise from the club shop instead of a match ticket. Then come down to Lucarlys and support the Internet’s in our first ever match against a Scunthorpe fans team.

The more of you in attendance the merrier and we hope that you can also donate towards our fundraising efforts using:

http://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/bteamboycott

Any questions please fire away, but please do help us beat our target of £1000 raised for two fantastic causes and raise some publicity of the B Team Boycott again.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
AussieMariner
August 26, 2019, 5:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
How much would you need to spend on merchandise to give the club the same profit as buying a ticket? I would imagine it’s between 2.5 and 3 times allowing for a margin of 30-40% on the merchandise and assuming the incremental margin on a ticket is very close to 100%.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
wuffing
August 26, 2019, 5:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38
Good stuff - and the use of the bar too..... : I'll be there, work permitting.

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
Biggles99999
August 26, 2019, 5:08pm
Coke Drinker
Well strictly speaking, the club do not lose any money on Trophy games, as the EFL make up any losses that the club incurs.

It’s hard to say because there’s a lot of variables that go into the costs for both items, but by buying something in the club shop, it hopefully goes to demonstrate that we are not boycotting the club, only the tournament itself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
Biggles99999
August 26, 2019, 5:13pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from wuffing
Good stuff - and the use of the bar too..... : I'll be there, work permitting.

Bar facilities are always a bonus and it would be great to see you there!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
wuffing
August 26, 2019, 5:26pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38
I wonder if anyone has contact with Gregor Robertson who now is a journalist for The Times I believe? That would make a good piece for him in interviewing the boycotters on the reasons why and raise it up more higher to keep up the good fight.....

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
pizzzza
August 26, 2019, 5:37pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Good to hear that this is being repeated, it's an important message being sent. Will the Mariners Trust be throwing their weight behind this again like they did last time?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
Biggles99999
August 26, 2019, 5:41pm
Coke Drinker
Just one thing to add that I forgot guys!

For more information and updates, please follow us on twitter @IMIFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
KingstonMariner
August 26, 2019, 5:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
More power to your elbow Biggles!

You’ll still be accused of bullying mind 😉

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
Biggles99999
August 26, 2019, 6:12pm
Coke Drinker
Won’t be the first time Kingston!

Not expecting any phone calls this time mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › B Team Boycott

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.