5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 2, 2019, 9:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Not saying that the financial side is fair or that those running our game understand or particularly care about the problems for L1 & L2 clubs but believe, maybe wrongly, that the pyramid system will remain intact for many a year yet and there appears a number of wealthy owners funding the likes of Eastleigh, Fylde, Harrogate, Billieracy etc. fighting to join the league who would also kick off big time if that door became closed.

There is far too much wealth in the premier and the sale of Burrell demonstrates why we will never have another zoster or Bennett as the best young talent is gobbled up by bigger clubs paying a pittance for those players before some of them reach puberty!!!

Looking back Liverpool had a team where many players came either directly, or started at lower level clubs including Clemence & Keegan (Scunny), Neal (Northampton), Jones (Wrexham), McDermott (Bury), Lloyd (Bristol Rovers), Rush (Chester). They were one of many clubs who actually bought players from the lower leagues after they had played a number of games in the lower leagues and paid the going rate. Now they run “Academy Farms” as a financial concern not to get players for their first teams, that’s what is immoral and totally unfair to clubs like ours. Worse still they are now trying to reduce the level of the development fee so they pay even less whilst as you say Sanchez’s salary for a month would have probably saved Bury from the knackers yard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
ska face
September 2, 2019, 9:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,629
Gold Stars: 840
I honestly don’t think the Premier League particularly care what the owners of Billericay or Harrogate think...
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
fishboyUTM
September 3, 2019, 7:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Ipswin

Don't worry if we get to the quarters or semis all thoughts of a boycott will magically disappear

Absolutely not. I would not go to Wembley. Our proud and historic club should not be playing against 'B' teams or incarnations of them. I do believe it is an attempt to normalise this sort of competition before the big clubs introduce B teams into our domestic game. JF has said the FL chairman would never vote for that and I believe he believes that. But with a few quid chucked their way for this competition, they voted for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
Mrs Doyle
September 3, 2019, 7:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Sorrry if this upsets a few but when I was in the club shop yesterday tickets for the Scunny match were selling well been a while sine we locked horns in the same leage albeit this is the joke cup.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
wuffing
September 3, 2019, 8:46am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Ipswin

Don't worry if we get to the quarters or semis all thoughts of a boycott will magically disappear

Not by me it won't. But you are sadly right. We all know that Grimsby have the hard core support of 3-5000, but when things get very exciting the rest come flooding out. I am not trying to knock it, its great and essential, but these 'floating voters' are blind to the politics of what is going on in the football world in general; Sunderland v Portsmouth being the prime example a couple of years back, when they sold out Wembley for the final, which is seen as a good day out for the floaters, which then gives the likes of Shaun Harvey a shot in the arm for his 'conception.' Then before you know it, Division two,read by Charlotte Green:
                                                                                                                                                                                      Swindon 2 Carlisle 1
                                                                                                                                                                                      Grimsby 3 Lincoln 0
                                                                                                                                                                                      Arsenal B 2 Macclesfield 0
                                                                                                                                                                                      Rochdale 1 Leicester City B 3
                                                                                                                                                                                      Liverpool C 4 Liverpool B 3
                                                                                                                                                                                      Aston Villa B 2 Mansfield 0
                                                                                                                                                                                      Man U D 7 Crewe 5

F**C me, the teacher was right about friggin' algebra!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
KingstonMariner
September 3, 2019, 8:48am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Me neither despite it being easy to get to. You

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
Biggles99999
September 3, 2019, 9:32am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +30
The game is of course due to take place tonight ladies and gents.

It is a 6:30 kick off at Lucarlys. We are donating all money raised to Scunthorpe Hospital Children’s Ward and the Rock foundation. You can donate on the link below, or bring long life foods with you:

http://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/bteamboycott

We also have a Scunthorpe fan who is auctioning a match worn Steve Mildenhall shirt for any collectors out there, for more details please message me, and of course all money on the auction is going to the charities as well.

Please do come along tonight, we believe that the Iron Bru side have some fans coming so it’s a great chance to get a ‘match’ atmosphere going and laugh at some rank amateurs trying to play the game we all love.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › B Team Boycott

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.