5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
August 27, 2019, 11:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from Davec
The trust won't get behind this not with Alan Rutter as chairman, he's a staunch backer of the B teams, at the fans forum when Fenty went on about his daughters wedding etc Alan Rutter publicly declared his support for B teams and the format.

I thought the Trust was a democracy where members voted, not one man at the top does what he wants?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
pizzzza
August 27, 2019, 12:12pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from Rik e B

I thought the Trust was a democracy where members voted, not one man at the top does what he wants?

Absolutely, I believe that the disdain for this competition is alive and well so hopefully the Trust will, as they did before, back this boycott.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
barralad
August 27, 2019, 12:13pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Davec
The trust won't get behind this not with Alan Rutter as chairman, he's a staunch backer of the B teams, at the fans forum when Fenty went on about his daughters wedding etc Alan Rutter publicly declared his support for B teams and the format.

Well I suppose it's been a while Aaron. I'll never get tired though of correcting you.
. Alan Rutter is fully behind the Trust policy regarding the Checkatrade (or whatever it is called).  Even if he argued within the Board to support the competition (which he didn't) he would in a democratic organisation be free to express those views.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
barralad
August 27, 2019, 12:14pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Rik e B

Indeed Rik. Aaron's grasp on democratic situations is at best feeble.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
pizzzza
August 27, 2019, 2:21pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from barralad

Well I suppose it's been a while Aaron. I'll never get tired though of correcting you.
. Alan Rutter is fully behind the Trust policy regarding the Checkatrade (or whatever it is called).  Even if he argued within the Board to support the competition (which he didn't) he would in a democratic organisation be free to express those views.

Good to hear barralad. Can you give us some insight as to the Trust's position on this year's boycott and whether any backing will be given to Internet Mariners as it was previously?
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
Elgringo87
August 27, 2019, 3:28pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
Looking forward to this hopefully I’ll last more than 7 minutes before getting sent off like the last one against Doncaster haha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
Biggles99999
August 27, 2019, 6:02pm
Coke Drinker
Approval: +30
Quoted from Elgringo87
Looking forward to this hopefully I’ll last more than 7 minutes before getting sent off like the last one against Doncaster haha

Bearing in mind where you’re playing you better bloody do!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
bluerose13x
August 27, 2019, 10:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
If I ever attend a B team match, that would be an admittance that I'm either a bully or a weak bullying victim, incapable of making my own mind up about the detestable decision to allow B teams to enter this competition.

I'm not going to allow myself to be bullied into attending these matches. Never. Ever. For as long as they continue to be played.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
promotion plaice
August 27, 2019, 11:33pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

I normally boycott these games but Hursty is already under a bit of pressure so for one game only I'll be there Tuesday  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
Biggles99999
August 29, 2019, 9:10am
Coke Drinker
Approval: +30
Just an update on this game now that we are a few days away folks.

As well as the donations, which can be made using:

http://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/bteamboycott

We will also be taking food donations before and during the game, with all of this being collected and given straight to the food bank. This of course does need to be items with long shelf lives such as tinned items, pasta, dried foods etc, but if you can donate any food on the night it will be gratefully received.

As ever please fire any questions you may have at me and follow us on twitter @IMIFC

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › B Team Boycott

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.