3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
July 21, 2019, 3:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Don't play him against Peterborough or Barry Fry will lure him away for peanuts with a crap sell on that he will contest later !  

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
July 21, 2019, 3:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from Hagrid

Well he plays for United and is an england international so hasnt done too bad has be

Actually I didn't say he'd done badly but has never reached his potential and he's now not even a regular at either.
He was awesome at Blackburn as a teenager.
Reply: 11 - 23
July 21, 2019, 3:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Don't play him against Peterborough or Barry Fry will lure him away for peanuts with a crap sell on that he will contest later !  

Bet Fry will. Oh no he can't bet can he.
Reply: 12 - 23
Croxton
July 21, 2019, 4:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from mariner tommy

I was there yesterday and it was a good performance all round, but Mattie Pollock was definitely MOM, he never put a foot wrong all game. To be honest all the back four were good, we played 4-3-3, Öhman, Hendrie and Gibson were very good also.
Whitehouse, Hess and Clifton weren’t troubled too much in midfield either, and Hessenthaler’s goal was a superb finish after Green had hit the crossbar. Overall very pleased with our performance.

UTM

Agree Pollock MOM. It was Rose who hit the bar however. Clifton OK defensively but he seemed unusually shy about pushing on into the final third sometimes as if ordered to stay behind Ogbu. His passing lets him down sometimes too. Still a key player this season. It may take time for Whitehouse, Ogbu and Harry to gel so that we can enjoy longer spells of possession. Who said Hess isn't a goal threat?

Very enjoyable game and my first visit to Docks Beers rounded it off nicely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
Abdul19
July 21, 2019, 7:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Still only 17 too, signed a pro deal early. A great prospect, potentially 👍

(He was 11 days old when we won at Anfield 😱)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
diehardmariner
July 21, 2019, 7:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
Didn't realise he had signed a deal a year early.

Christ, he's going to be a beast when he's fully grown!

My biggest doubts about him are around his size and how quickly he can move when he's so thick set. Yesterday though he showed Marquis a clean pair of heels on a few occasions.

Very, very promising.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
Poojah
July 21, 2019, 8:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from diehardmariner
Didn't realise he had signed a deal a year early.

Christ, he's going to be a beast when he's fully grown!

My biggest doubts about him are around his size and how quickly he can move when he's so thick set. Yesterday though he showed Marquis a clean pair of heels on a few occasions.

Very, very promising.

Well, he’s not quite as thick set as his old man, that’s for sure...

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1120367516893810689/AuaFgaqK_400x400.jpg[/img]

Marquis scored 26 in League One last season and is wanted by Sunderland for around £1m. Only a friendly, but very encouraging that he dealt with him so comfortably. For the first time in longer than I can remember, we seem to have a really promising group of youngsters on our books.

Great to see.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Maringer
July 21, 2019, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Premier League levels of flouncing and whinging from Marquis yesterday as well. If we'd actually deliberately stuck one on him, you could understand it, but he was barely fouled.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
Grimal
July 21, 2019, 10:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Sadly I never saw Duncan Edwards play, so can't comment on a playing likeness but I see Mattie Pollock as a player similar to Carl Piergianni at Salford City, I saw him play several times for Boston United, an absolute powerhouse and fearless to get a strong tackle in and not affraid to put his head where it hurts.It wasn't unusual to see him finish a game with his head bandaged.He also scored a fair amount of goals for a centre back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
jaygy
July 22, 2019, 12:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Marquis should have been sent off for kicking Öhman in the nuts just after being given a yellow card, £1million!? No chance if that’s the sort of attitude he carries during games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mattie Pollock

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.