3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
bedders78
July 22, 2019, 9:53am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 12
Marquis might be a tool, but he's a proven League 1 goalscorer and if Pollock handled him easily then he's got be be considered a potential starter ahead of Davis.

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
headingly_mariner
July 22, 2019, 10:14am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
It’s great that Pollock is getting some minutes and I hope he’s the next Tony Adams but don’t you think people are getting a little carried away?
He’s 17 and has 1 sub appearance in the league. It would be an amazing achievement for him to make 10 appearances this season. Hopefully he’s a good as people are making out, sometimes I think we have a tendency to get carried away with our youngsters and it puts undue expectation on them. He needs support and patience as he’s 17.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
Son of Cod
July 22, 2019, 10:46am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Don't play him against Peterborough or Barry Fry will lure him away for peanuts with a crap sell on that he will contest later !  

Been seeing this mentioned a bit recently. Didn't we get like 400k for him and then another 600k when he went to Norwich?

Quoted from Maringer
Premier League levels of flouncing and whinging from Marquis yesterday as well. If we'd actually deliberately stuck one on him, you could understand it, but he was barely fouled.

I've never fully rated him whenever I see him. He scores a lot, but he misses a lot too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
bedders78
July 22, 2019, 11:08am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Son of Cod

Been seeing this mentioned a bit recently. Didn't we get like 400k for him and then another 600k when he went to Norwich?

I've never fully rated him whenever I see him. He scores a lot, but he misses a lot too.

I think Jimmy Greaves said if he'd scored every chance he missed and missed every chance he'd scored then he would've broken every goal scoring record going.

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mattie Pollock

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.