8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
May 25, 2019, 4:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Just another rumour taking up another thread...can't see for one minute Devitt coming to us...he'll be leaving Carlisle to try and play at a higher level than league 2...even though the Scottish prem ain't much higher!!😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 76
chaos33
May 25, 2019, 9:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Well, with possible exception of Celtic, the SPL is no higher in general standard that the conference or L2 at a push. I've no idea what the wages are like.
I'm going to go against the grain and say that I'm ambivalent about Devitt. Can't see what the fuss is about him. Technically good but physically weak. Goes missing. Past his best. Big ego. Not @arsed at all.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 76
Kris2
May 25, 2019, 10:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from chaos33
Well, with possible exception of Celtic, the SPL is no higher in general standard that the conference or L2 at a push. I've no idea what the wages are like.
I'm going to go against the grain and say that I'm ambivalent about Devitt. Can't see what the fuss is about him. Technically good but physically week. Goes missing. Past his best. Big ego. Not @arsed at all.

He was good for one loan move, not that good when he came back for another one. Bit of a pattern with loan players we bring back or sign full time really.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 76
we will return
May 25, 2019, 11:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Quoted from chaos33
I'm going to go against the grain and say that I'm ambivalent about Devitt. Can't see what the fuss is about him. Technically good but physically week. Goes missing. Past his best. Big ego. Not @arsed at all.

Past his best, yet won player of the year for Carlisle? What sort of calibre player do you want us to sign?

Think he'd be an excellent addition and something different to what we curently have. Although if the alleged interest from Hull/SPL is true I dont see us having much chance.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 76
louth_in_the_south
May 25, 2019, 11:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,687
Gold Stars: 96
His name was regularly mentioned on the EFL highlights program last season for Carlisle so obviously he’s a player worth having at L2 standard. Sounds like he’s grown up from the player we had on loan the second time round . I’d have him every day but think the problem will be ££££ as usual.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 76
chaos33
May 25, 2019, 11:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from we will return

Past his best, yet won player of the year for Carlisle? What sort of calibre player do you want us to sign?

Think he'd be an excellent addition and something different to what we curently have. Although if the alleged interest from Hull/SPL is true I dont see us having much chance.

He's nigh on 30 and known for his inconsistency. Carlisle are nothing special. Player of the year - great. I'm not interested. Just my opinion. I'm never big on bringing players back (although I'd make an exception for  Amond). I can't see any way that Hull, or a club in the Champ/L1 would go after a 30 year old from L2.
I'd rather us go after skilful players in their early 20's with something to prove.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 76
livosnose
May 26, 2019, 12:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,168
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from chaos33

He's nigh on 30 and known for his inconsistency. Carlisle are nothing special. Player of the year - great. I'm not interested. Just my opinion. I'm never big on bringing players back (although I'd make an exception for  Amond). I can't see any way that Hull, or a club in the Champ/L1 would go after a 30 year old from L2.
I'd rather us go after skilful players in their early 20's with something to prove.

He’s 28

[img][/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 76
Welwynmariner
May 26, 2019, 3:49am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from livosnose

He’s 28

He'll be 29 by the start of next season, although I've always thought he had a lot of ability so wouldn't say no to having him back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 76
chaos33
May 26, 2019, 7:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Sorry yes, almost 29 not 30. Alright I was just being argumentative for the sake of it really.  Not somebody I'd be bothered about signing, that's all.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 76
SteffiMariner
May 26, 2019, 7:55am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from chaos33

Who is 31 years of age...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Devitt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.