Croxton
May 21, 2019, 9:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Stew0_0
He's a Left Back according to Rovers website, former Bolton. Could only see him signed as cover for Ring if at all true but personally would like to see us sign a 1st choice left back with the qualities of a Danny Andrew type.
Only a rumour so taken with a pinch of salt

I agree. If Ring is first choice then we are aiming low. He is not the answer to any question. Pre season will not add pace , power or trickery to his toolbag.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
Poojah
May 21, 2019, 10:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,454
Gold Stars: 1,500
I liked what I saw of Alex Jones when he was here. He went on to score 15 in 37 for Port Vale and Bradford the season after in League One, reaching the play-offs in the process so clearly he’s got something then.

Since then, he’s suffered an injury that put him out for the best part of a year, struggled to get back in at Bradford and didn’t pull up any trees on loan at Cambridge, so there’s a risk he’s not the same player.

Still, if our budget is modest as expected, we’re going to have to take the odd calculated risk to be successful. I’d rather we took risks on young players like Jones (particularly with having already proven themselves at a higher level) where there’s a potential upside in terms of a future transfer fee if it comes off than ageing senior pros in the mould of John Welsh who at best has a couple of decent seasons and then retires and at worst turns out to be a past it, shandy-drinking woman beater.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
dapperz fun pub
May 21, 2019, 10:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,905
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from toontown
We'll probably be odfering Hansen a 2 year deal knowing town

If he doesn’t get realistic with wage demands he won’t be coming anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
LH
May 21, 2019, 11:53pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,492
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Croxton

I agree. If Ring is first choice then we are aiming low. He is not the answer to any question. Pre season will not add pace , power or trickery to his toolbag.

No but it will add fitness and sharpness after an extended break. We’ve got to at least give him a chance after a pre-season. He didn’t get a long break between the Swedish league finishing and him having to play due to Fox’s suspension.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
Davec
May 22, 2019, 6:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Garrett I don't really know much about and on paper he doesn't seem too great but he is still young so he may still develop, Hanson isn't the most nataural footballers in the world but he's a big unit he's a handful to play against and he's effective in his own way, Alex Jones did score 9 in 19 for Vale in league 1 so there are glimpses of what seems to be a goalscorer in him, but this was pre Injury so who knows what he is like post injury.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
denni266
May 22, 2019, 7:29am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
not what we should be looking for. Wont get me rushing down to spend my money on a saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
Maringer
May 22, 2019, 9:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,471
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Hagrid
Was told this today also- regarding both. Looked up hanson- think it was 7 goals in 2 years. Thats town

Lump Jones had scored a total of 10 League goals in the two seasons before he joined us.  He was a good signing so no reason that Hanson wouldn't be, especially if you take into account that he has been playing at a higher level. If he's a proper target man, it doesn't matter if he only just gets into double figures. He's there to make the space and chances for other attackers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
Jarmo.Is.God
May 22, 2019, 9:06am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I would take Hanson every day.
He is the player we missed all season IMO, he might not score 20+, but he will help others i.e Vernam boost his record
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
mariner91
May 22, 2019, 9:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,585
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Maringer

Lump Jones had scored a total of 10 League goals in the two seasons before he joined us.  He was a good signing so no reason that Hanson wouldn't be, especially if you take into account that he has been playing at a higher level. If he's a proper target man, it doesn't matter if he only just gets into double figures. He's there to make the space and chances for other attackers.

What I would give to sign a player the calibre of Lump now  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tyler Garrett

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.