10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
May 8, 2019, 10:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from GrimRob
That was even better. Proud to be English.

Same here....I can't lose in the final now because an English club is guaranteed to win it.....can't see it but I'd probably prefer Spurs to win it because they haven't won it.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 91
TAGG
May 8, 2019, 10:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from TAGG
Football can be the best thing in the world at times.
What a game 👍

Will say it again.
Only football can do this for people ⚽⚽⚽⚽

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 91
bradzmilne
May 8, 2019, 10:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 29
With tomorrow’s Europa league semifinals too.

Does this have the opportunity to be the best week in domestic English Football ever ?

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 91
Southwark Mariner
May 8, 2019, 10:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 82
if Arsenal win the europa league, could that mean we get 5 teams in the champs league next year....or would it mean Liverpool winning the Champs League with an Arsenal win would mean Tottenham are stuck in the Europa League?

If that makes any sense....

Found my answer:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

If Arsenal win a Europa League Final then England will have 5 teams in the Champions League (although there is a very slim chance of Arsenal finishing in the top 4, then we wouldn't......unless Tottenham won the Champs League whilst finishing outside the top 4....agggggghhhhh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 91
pizzzza
May 8, 2019, 10:55pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Spurs took Ajax to the cleaners tonight.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 91
TownSNAFU5
May 8, 2019, 11:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
Just incredible football, drama and excitement. Night after night.    Does it matter if non-champions are in the CL? If they are good enough to beat champions then they should progress.

English teams have traditionally shown fighting qualities (as have the fans).  We are good with our backs to the wall.  We are better at this now as English players now have the technical abilities as well to match foreign players.

Back to Spurs.  Who thought they would get near to a final after losing their first 3 group games?  Then drawing Man City in the quarter-finals.

It was reported that Ajax had not won a CL match at home since 1996.  Maybe that helped Spurs tonight.  Ajax have always been outstanding away in the CL.  They have been a credit to football.  I feel for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 91
pizzzza
May 9, 2019, 6:22am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Back to Spurs.  Who thought they would get near to a final after losing their first 3 group games?

Not me! (because they did not lose their first 3 group games).
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 91
wuffing
May 9, 2019, 7:20am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 38
Well, what a magnificent two of days of football.

As a Town, and in general, football fan, I really enjoyed the raw emotion that the two semi's produced. They both literally reduced me to tears, I think mainly because it revoked the play-off final and the Anfield wins in me. Our Liverpool win released that much adrenaline in me that I couldn't sleep for three days, despite working full-time with two small rug rats at home. That's the power and spirit of football. New fans are born in such circumstances.

My boy is now 18 and experienced the play off final with me. Before that game he was glued to the x-box, whereas now, he bugs me to take him to EVERY Town game; he is addicted to Town, win, lose or draw.
LETS GET THAT F****ING NEW STADIUM BUILT and re-build our own strong fan base. It is there, it just needs enticing.
Fin.

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 91
GrimRob
May 9, 2019, 7:22am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Or who would have thought after that Man City disallowed goal when they came back from the dead.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 78 - 91
gtfckyle
May 9, 2019, 8:50am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +25
Anyone know why the Champs League final is 3 weeks away? Neither team will have a game for 3 weeks after Sunday.. Crazy!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Liverpool v Barcelona

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.