Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Liverpool v Barcelona
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 362 Guests

Liverpool v Barcelona

This thread currently has 10,832 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner Timsky
May 8, 2019, 8:29am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
That was truly beautiful - that is exactly why we all love football - I dont think I have seen a greater comeback in the years that I have been watching football - just amazing

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 91
Teesknees
May 8, 2019, 8:45am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Hagrid

My opinion. Or am i not allowed one of them as a mod?

What's it got to do with riding scooters!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 91
RoboCod
May 8, 2019, 8:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Hagrid

My opinion. Or am i not allowed one of them as a mod?

Problem is you're also allowed to delete them willy nilly, and mine/anyone elses with them. Are you keeping this one?

What exactly do you need to be a mod? Fairness, objectiveness, ability to calm a situation...it's your moderator duties to do these things, not just leave your own bitter rantings about a team you obviously loathe everywhere.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 91
Hagrid
May 8, 2019, 9:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from RoboCod

Problem is you're also allowed to delete them willy nilly, and mine/anyone elses with them. Are you keeping this one?

What exactly do you need to be a mod? Fairness, objectiveness, ability to calm a situation...it's your moderator duties to do these things, not just leave your own bitter rantings about a team you obviously loathe everywhere.

Nothing bitter about it. I cant stand the PL in General but liverpool even more so. Dont buy into this support english teams in europe have to get behind them nonsense. Just town for me. We dont agree so move on. Go enjoy your day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 91
GrimRob
May 8, 2019, 9:22am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
From my point of view, it benefits English football as a whole. There might be some Swedish players who would look more favourably on coming here, because this is the place to be right now. There might be some little kid in Grimsby who right now has left his Play Station to go on a kick about with his mates that could lead to him eventually becoming a youth team player for us. Nights like last night inspire people. Footballers don't come from nowhere, they have to spend thousands of hours practising with their mates and kicking a ball against the wall. They have to overlook their education and put thoughts of careers on hold to devote to playing the sport. English football is at it's finest point now for ages, we should enjoy it, rather than find fault.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 91
immariner
May 8, 2019, 9:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
5 of the 14 players that graced the pitch (two were substitutes) for Liverpool are English. They are managed by a German and owned by Americans. At what point do they stop truly representing English football?

I'm happy for all Scouse Liverpool supporters. But I'll be leaving for work soon and I can't be arsed to put up with the inevitable smugness from all the plastic Liverpool fans. 'We' this and 'us' that. Uuuugh intercourse OFF! I think most people at work assume I'm not in to football because I refuse to converse with plastics about the Premier League (which constitutes most football fans). I think that probably makes me a male private but it helps keep me sane!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 91
LH
May 8, 2019, 10:18am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
I’m not supporting Town anymore because we’ve got too many foreigns in the team with all the Swedes, Welsh U21s and Irish/San Marinese in the playing squad and Aussies coaching. They’re not English any more - we didn’t vote leave for this!
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 91
Manchester Mariner
May 8, 2019, 10:28am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 41
Amazing comeback, one of the best. The United fans in the office this morning have been visibly upset about the result last night, like it's ruined their week or something. You've got to weigh things up and start making some changes when you're getting furious about a result your team is not even involved in.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 91
speedy
May 8, 2019, 10:29am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: +445
Quoted from Hagrid

Nothing bitter about it. I cant stand the PL in General but liverpool even more so. Dont buy into this support english teams in europe have to get behind them nonsense. Just town for me. We dont agree so move on. Go enjoy your day

Surprised you haven't just deleted it all yet. It seems to be how you deal with things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 91
Hagrid
May 8, 2019, 10:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from speedy

Surprised you haven't just deleted it all yet. It seems to be how you deal with things.

Deleted one post in all my time as a moderator ! Dear me some of you have got too much time on your hands
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Liverpool v Barcelona

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.