MuddyWaters
April 29, 2019, 8:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
The rise of Bournemouth has more to do with a Russian billionaire who lives on Sandbanks than JFs shortcomings .

I thought JF had a Russian connection 🤪
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
chipsandgravy
April 29, 2019, 8:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from rancido

And there is me thinking a message board was for expressing views on football related matters , and specifically GTFC, related matters.

Of course your right. And my view is its getting boring peddling the same lines!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
LondonMariner43
April 29, 2019, 9:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
The difference is that Russian oligarchs prefer the south coast to the north east coast.  Not a big surprise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2019, 11:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LondonMariner43
The difference is that Russian oligarchs prefer the south coast to the north east coast.  Not a big surprise.

They should be used to the cold  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2019, 11:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from psgmariner
Apparently a film about that very game is being released soon.

Don't give Sutton Mariner ideas.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
rancido
April 30, 2019, 7:50am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Of course your right. And my view is its getting boring peddling the same lines!

Is it any more boring than the often repeated " Fenty Out " threads or " We shouldn't have let so and so player leave " ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
dapperz fun pub
April 30, 2019, 8:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from rancido

Is it any more boring than the often repeated " Fenty Out " threads or " We shouldn't have let so and so player leave " ?

You don’t appear very happy on here .. don’t log on is the solution , hope that helps
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
psgmariner
April 30, 2019, 8:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
https://www.bournemouthecho.co.....inus-17-documentary/

Get the Board to watch this and then go through the local phone book and ring all of the bored Russian billionaires in the area.

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
rancido
April 30, 2019, 1:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

You don’t appear very happy on here .. don’t log on is the solution , hope that helps

I'm quite happy on this site and I follow it every day. What amazes me is some of the illogical posts, suppositions and hostility towards those posters that don't follow the " general line ".

Of course my original post was " tongue in cheek " and not to be taken too seriously - like many topics and threads on here. But the serious background still exists. Regardless of JF having a hold on the club, the fact remains that a football club with a crumbling stadium, relatively small fan base in a fading industrial  northern town is hardly going to get investors queueing up at BP. It was obvious that when Bournemouth went into administration then the new owners took over a " crock of sh*t " that had obviously been run badly. It's not as if Bournemouths' ground was a modern new stadium with a large capacity either.The fact that the new owner was a multi millionaire prepared to put money into the club and bring in his own way of running the club properly was the deciding factor in their emergence from being rock bottom to where they are now. Now, Lincolnshire may not have as high a percentage of people with that kind of wealth as they do in that part of the country around Bournemouth but even so you would have thought there could be a handful in that position.

I look forward to a future at GTFC when JF has no input or connection with the club but I don't think it's going to be the panacea that a lot of posters on here think it will be.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
Malta_Mariner_90
April 30, 2019, 2:02pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from rancido

I look forward to a future at GTFC when JF has no input or connection with the club but I don't think it's going to be the panacea that a lot of posters on here think it will be.

It may not be the panacea as you put it, but if we have a proper community club, which values actually the supporters, which is progressive, forward thinking and above all takes its place proudly at the centre of the community I would support it no matter what level it was at.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 10 years ago

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.