Swansea_Mariner
April 30, 2019, 6:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

I was just wondering what would be considered sufficient interest?

To be honest I'm not sure!  That response isn't horrible at first glance, perhaps we need some context, maybe Rob could tell us the average number of respondents to a poll on the fishy??? Also knowing the number of active users may help.

So far with some assumptions about the less than and greater than numbers it looks like the average figure could be around £750 per person (that's assuming 3k on average for those who picked the greater than option).  At that rate we'd need 2000 people to reach the £1.4m figure suggested on the Fenty out thread. That seems a stretch.

I guess  it could become highly skewed if any of those who ticked the greater than option, wanted to put a substantially  bigger figure in, not sure if anyone who ticked that option would be happy to post whatever that might be on here though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
Yoda
April 30, 2019, 7:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
I think Fenty would take a lot less than 1.4 million.
1.4 million for a club that is worthless is crazy.
I think around £500000 would do it.
He should take the offer or the fans should boycott.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
Mariner8
May 1, 2019, 3:06pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -86
This is not my main account, I wish to remain anonymous when using this account. I have already been offered to buy out a member of the board, but I am not ready or able to do this yet. I will one day, hopefully not for a long time inherit some substantial assets, as will my brother. I have been an avid town fan all my life, and attend many matches both home and away. I would like to think that I know a thing or two about football, footballers and football clubs. What I also know about is business. Very soon I will have completed my training and be on a very lucrative 'pay ladder' at a global leading firm in London. I will not be disclosing my profession. My brother although younger consistently performs within the top exam scores in the country, he has the brains that perhaps I, in some areas lack, however I am more of a 'people person' so together we are a strong unit. When we have both settled in our jobs/lives in a number of year we have the full intention to purchase a substantial, if not the majority share in our beloved football club, we are lucky to have had the education, opportunity and means to be in a position where this is a realistic aim. Watch this space, stay strong, remain faithful! There is a bright future for this historic club, and it does not involve lingering in the lower reaches of LG 2. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
LH
May 1, 2019, 4:12pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Mariner8
This is not my main account, I wish to remain anonymous when using this account. I have already been offered to buy out a member of the board, but I am not ready or able to do this yet. I will one day, hopefully not for a long time inherit some substantial assets, as will my brother. I have been an avid town fan all my life, and attend many matches both home and away. I would like to think that I know a thing or two about football, footballers and football clubs. What I also know about is business. Very soon I will have completed my training and be on a very lucrative 'pay ladder' at a global leading firm in London. I will not be disclosing my profession. My brother although younger consistently performs within the top exam scores in the country, he has the brains that perhaps I, in some areas lack, however I am more of a 'people person' so together we are a strong unit. When we have both settled in our jobs/lives in a number of year we have the full intention to purchase a substantial, if not the majority share in our beloved football club, we are lucky to have had the education, opportunity and means to be in a position where this is a realistic aim. Watch this space, stay strong, remain faithful! There is a bright future for this historic club, and it does not involve lingering in the lower reaches of LG 2. UTM!

Hi ... err... Aaron?
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
Northbank Mariner
May 1, 2019, 7:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Mariner8

I too will be in a very lucrative and financially strong position in a few years time...that's if my numbers come up on the lottery!!..and I don't even do the bloody thing...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
Mariner8
May 1, 2019, 8:57pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -86
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I too will be in a very lucrative and financially strong position in a few years time...that's if my numbers come up on the lottery!!..and I don't even do the bloody thing...

Always good to be taken seriously... Do you want me to release my tax returns like Trump?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
HertsGTFC
May 1, 2019, 9:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mariner8

All interesting stuff but Billy Big Bollox tends not to work with GTFC supporters

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
MuddyWaters
May 1, 2019, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC

All interesting stuff but Billy Big Bollox tends not to work with GTFC supporters

Quite. You’re either pro or anti and there’s no grey.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
Meza
May 1, 2019, 9:25pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
I'd be happy to setup a standing order for £50 a month to go into a trust fund etc.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 1, 2019, 9:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Quite. You’re either pro or anti and there’s no grey.

So what you saying it's either black or white with town?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crowd funded ownership poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.