Northbank Mariner
May 1, 2019, 9:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,440
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Mariner8

Always good to be taken seriously... Do you want me to release my tax returns like Trump?

Take you seriously when you hide behind a mask?...so did bleeding male private Turpin...
Sorry but you cannot spout the sort of stuff you have without a level of mistrust, certainly not to a forum that's used to false dawn's and bullish!t..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
Meza
May 1, 2019, 9:27pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
If 4000 fans contributed to £50 p/m you'd get

50 x 4000 = 200,000 x 12 = 2.4 mill

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
KingstonMariner
May 1, 2019, 9:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Meza

£600 is a big ask for a lot of families. And in amongst that 4000 there'll be quite a few families in there so for some of them it'd be £1200, £1800, £2400...

I've no doubt people would rally round a worthy cause with a chance of success.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
Mariner8
May 2, 2019, 12:30am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -86
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Take you seriously when you hide behind a mask?...so did bleeding male private Turpin...
Sorry but you cannot spout the sort of stuff you have without a level of mistrust, certainly not to a forum that's used to false dawn's and bullish!t..

Yes, I take your point completely. I hope you'll understand that at this point I wish to maintain my privacy whilst I try and make sure this all works out as planned...
I just wanted to let people know that it won't always be this way, JF isn't the only fan lucky enough to be in a position where taking a large shareholding in the club is a realistic proposition in the near future. This isn't some sort of exercise to blow my own trumpet, nor do I expect many people to take my word for it. At this moment in time all I can do is keep my head down and continue to raise the necessary funds. I'm afraid this won't happen overnight, but I'd be lying if I said that... I look forward to a time when we will be able to talk to the fans more frankly prior to our takeover. This won't happen unless we both continue to keep our hands to the grindstone!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
KingstonMariner
May 2, 2019, 12:54am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mariner8

This won't happen unless we both continue to keep our hands to the grindstone!

Are you sure you're not John Fenty with phraseology like that  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
Theimperialcoroner
May 2, 2019, 1:06am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,138
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Meza

And if my Aunty has a member she’d be my uncle.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
bluebottle
May 2, 2019, 9:18am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
Quoted from Mariner8

Yes, I take your point completely. I hope you'll understand that at this point I wish to maintain my privacy whilst I try and make sure this all works out as planned...
I just wanted to let people know that it won't always be this way, JF isn't the only fan lucky enough to be in a position where taking a large shareholding in the club is a realistic proposition in the near future. This isn't some sort of exercise to blow my own trumpet, nor do I expect many people to take my word for it. At this moment in time all I can do is keep my head down and continue to raise the necessary funds. I'm afraid this won't happen overnight, but I'd be lying if I said that... I look forward to a time when we will be able to talk to the fans more frankly prior to our takeover. This won't happen unless we both continue to keep our hands to the grindstone!

Have you made tentative inquiries to JF to at least establish the size of the monetary target you are aiming at.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
psgmariner
May 2, 2019, 10:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Mariner8
This is not my main account, I wish to remain anonymous when using this account. I have already been offered to buy out a member of the board, but I am not ready or able to do this yet. I will one day, hopefully not for a long time inherit some substantial assets, as will my brother. I have been an avid town fan all my life, and attend many matches both home and away. I would like to think that I know a thing or two about football, footballers and football clubs. What I also know about is business. Very soon I will have completed my training and be on a very lucrative 'pay ladder' at a global leading firm in London. I will not be disclosing my profession. My brother although younger consistently performs within the top exam scores in the country, he has the brains that perhaps I, in some areas lack, however I am more of a 'people person' so together we are a strong unit. When we have both settled in our jobs/lives in a number of year we have the full intention to purchase a substantial, if not the majority share in our beloved football club, we are lucky to have had the education, opportunity and means to be in a position where this is a realistic aim. Watch this space, stay strong, remain faithful! There is a bright future for this historic club, and it does not involve lingering in the lower reaches of LG 2. UTM!

Get your brother to teach you how to construct sentences and keep buying those lottery tickets.  

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
drbell
May 2, 2019, 1:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
This feels a whole lot like Brexit lol. Asking people to vote for something that is not well defined is not going to get us a meaningful answer...

In order for people to actually vote meaningfully (nevermind actually contribute), the proposal would need at the very least to have named, committed, experienced people in key roles. It would need to have a long term (10+ years) business plan. It would need to have confirmation on what it would cost to acquire the club, and to maintain it at (at the very least) the current level of financial levels. It would need to clearly document how fan involvement is achieved? All investors get to vote on certain key matters? Are the votes binding? Do fan representatives vote on behalf of the fans? Can the manager/key people overrule the vote? Where does fan involvement start and end?

Would I vote for a fan owned model led by key individuals with large amounts of industry experience (football, financial, management, PR, etc) who work full time, and a sound business model involving a limited amount of non-binding (but normally acted upon) fan input. Probably yes.

But that is a heck of an ask. I'd vote for Fenty who cares, and will ensure our clubs survival, over any lesser proposal.

I fear a poorly executed attempt at this could end our club. I believe that Mr Fenty would rightly be very wary of handing over control to such a proposal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
SomeSanity
May 2, 2019, 1:31pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Then to me the solution is as follows.

No that the trust doesnt have to pay this 30k a season it uses that to pay off the Fenty debt. And once that’s cleared job done. The trust is handed to the club to proactively find a buyer.

The sustainability of the club is as follows.. it sustains itself, as no new money has gone in in years. All new money until a buyer is found comes from a boost the budget type fundraiser.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crowd funded ownership poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.