View Results 91 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Crowd funded ownership poll

This thread currently has 6,104 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
May 2, 2019, 2:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from psgmariner

Get your brother to teach you how to construct sentences and keep buying those lottery tickets.  

To be fair, I study History at one of the UK's top universities, the majority of my work involves extensive essay writing and don't see too much wrong with Mariner's sentence structure...
Reply: 30 - 33
golfer
May 2, 2019, 3:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Mariner8

Always good to be taken seriously... Do you want me to release my tax returns like Trump?

No-just give me the 50p for those dolly mixtures I bought you-and real money this time, not that Noddy money
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
golfer
May 2, 2019, 5:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from 139847

To be fair, I study History at one of the UK's top universities, the majority of my work involves extensive essay writing and don't see too much wrong with Mariner's sentence structure...

To be fair,I have studied football for 65 years and still can't work out what Jolly's plan is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
Swansea_Mariner
May 2, 2019, 6:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from drbell
This feels a whole lot like Brexit lol. Asking people to vote for something that is not well defined is not going to get us a meaningful answer...

In order for people to actually vote meaningfully (nevermind actually contribute), the proposal would need at the very least to have named, committed, experienced people in key roles. It would need to have a long term (10+ years) business plan. It would need to have confirmation on what it would cost to acquire the club, and to maintain it at (at the very least) the current level of financial levels. It would need to clearly document how fan involvement is achieved? All investors get to vote on certain key matters? Are the votes binding? Do fan representatives vote on behalf of the fans? Can the manager/key people overrule the vote? Where does fan involvement start and end?

Would I vote for a fan owned model led by key individuals with large amounts of industry experience (football, financial, management, PR, etc) who work full time, and a sound business model involving a limited amount of non-binding (but normally acted upon) fan input. Probably yes.

But that is a heck of an ask. I'd vote for Fenty who cares, and will ensure our clubs survival, over any lesser proposal.

I fear a poorly executed attempt at this could end our club. I believe that Mr Fenty would rightly be very wary of handing over control to such a proposal.

I think this is a reasonable post, most of what you say would fit between points 4 and 5 of the OP. I'd expect a considerable amount of time would have to go into developing a suitable proposal and model for delivery prior to running any crowd fund.

I still think running a rough poll can act as an initial bellwether to such an exercise, I mean what would be the purpose of expending considerable time developing all the legitimate points you cite if there is no demand for anything at all?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crowd funded ownership poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.