5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
April 10, 2019, 10:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 42
The club are backwards thinking in almost every department and this includes the ticket office, no incentives, no marketing campaigns to sell tickets or sell season tickets, it's the "we put them on sale and we will be happy with what we sell" attitude, there's nothing to try and sell more, season tickets could well be below 3 thousand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
1mickylyons
April 10, 2019, 10:45am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
The Notts County away game will be another gauge for the mood of fans both regular and floating.I had intended to go to this game all Season I won`t be bothering now sadly .I had expected a town following in excess of 2.5k to travel now I would be amazed if 1k bother . People will wrongly say oh that`s cos weve nothing to play for. No it isn`t that at all it`s because it simply isn`t worth the time effort and money going when those players are not playing to there best which is the minimum requirement we the fans expect. You will always get a degree of blind loyalty from the faithful and I admire the willpower these people have . The ones like me accept we wont win every game but we wont accept players and Managers going through the motions which is what we have had for over a Month . This Club needs a massive change of direction a proper clearout from top to bottom root and branch and the Manager needs either backing or sacking the fans deserve some clarity on where we are? We should based on support be capable of putting a budget together to challenge for the Play Offs yet we seem miles off that . The Manager has blooded some younsters and the fans have backed that and accepted this will lead to some funny results but acknowledge it`s the right way . Saturday a nothing game on paper we play a 39 year old CB and bring on Wooly rather than give these youngsters another 90 mins. Things like this lead to me questioning the Manager`s decision making I like the guy but FFS grow a pair.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
FishOutOfWater
April 10, 2019, 2:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The Notts County away game will be another gauge for the mood of fans both regular and floating.I had intended to go to this game all Season I won`t be bothering now sadly .I had expected a town following in excess of 2.5k to travel now I would be amazed if 1k bother . People will wrongly say oh that`s cos weve nothing to play for. No it isn`t that at all it`s because it simply isn`t worth the time effort and money going when those players are not playing to there best which is the minimum requirement we the fans expect. You will always get a degree of blind loyalty from the faithful and I admire the willpower these people have . The ones like me accept we wont win every game but we wont accept players and Managers going through the motions which is what we have had for over a Month . This Club needs a massive change of direction a proper clearout from top to bottom root and branch and the Manager needs either backing or sacking the fans deserve some clarity on where we are? We should based on support be capable of putting a budget together to challenge for the Play Offs yet we seem miles off that . The Manager has blooded some younsters and the fans have backed that and accepted this will lead to some funny results but acknowledge it`s the right way . Saturday a nothing game on paper we play a 39 year old CB and bring on Wooly rather than give these youngsters another 90 mins. Things like this lead to me questioning the Manager`s decision making I like the guy but FFS grow a pair.

I might well be in the minority ( actually I bet I am ) but going through the motions for over a month?

The two home draws against Northampton & Bury while goalless we didn't play badly.... just lacked a cutting edge

Away at Oldham I'd argue that they were no better than us on the day and had we scored first or equalised ( and we should have done with the chances we had ) the outcome could have been different

I'll accept that on Saturday against Stevenage we were poor but we still had chances that could have and should have been put away

Maybe I'm guilty of seeing things through black & white specs but I've seen lots worse from Town over the years and our position this season while disappointed we've fallen away is not dire imho

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 46
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 10, 2019, 2:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
They could try a Saint Renewal’s Day sponsored event. Who was he anyway? Patron saint of lost causes?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
louth_in_the_south
April 10, 2019, 2:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Unless there is a massive surprise in the hat - a new owner - Fenty has to come out and publicly back up his pledge made at the fans forum that Jolley will be given a bigger budget that is going to make us competitive ASAP!!!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
crusty ole pie
April 10, 2019, 2:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Been a season ticket holder for many a year but really need some form of enthusiasm to be injected by the club really am struggling this year to even get mildly enthusiastic on match days
I really think jolly might be the makings of this club but without some form of investment it seems like same old same old
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
rancido
April 10, 2019, 5:23pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,652
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I might well be in the minority ( actually I bet I am ) but going through the motions for over a month?

The two home draws against Northampton & Bury while goalless we didn't play badly.... just lacked a cutting edge

Away at Oldham I'd argue that they were no better than us on the day and had we scored first or equalised ( and we should have done with the chances we had ) the outcome could have been different

I'll accept that on Saturday against Stevenage we were poor but we still had chances that could have and should have been put away

Maybe I'm guilty of seeing things through black & white specs but I've seen lots worse from Town over the years and our position this season while disappointed we've fallen away is not dire imho

UTM

You're not guilty of seeing things through black and white specs - you are a town fan through good and bad.
I'll be getting my ST and will continue to do until I'm too old to get to BP ( although I'm 71 now , so it may not be too long !! )

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
MuddyWaters
April 10, 2019, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,284
Gold Stars: 236
I'll be buying three again next season because I'm a Mariner. That doesn't stop me from wanting this one dimensional owner & his fellow directors to sell the club to someone who will actually move us in to the 21st century.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
gtfcmd
April 10, 2019, 5:48pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
think there might be a few season tickets sales less next season as zebra finance no longer doing the finance option anymore so if fans pay monthly might not be able to renew maybe cant afford full price out right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
Meza
April 10, 2019, 6:02pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,647
Gold Stars: 50
If I didn't work away a lot I would buy a season ticket despite town not having a great season.  Things like bad results etc would not deter me from going to matches.  I don't get the argument of not buying a season ticket if you are able to and can afford to just because of some poor results and league standing.  Maybe I'm one of these town fans that will always want town to do well despite poor runs which I'm sure most of us do and I'd still turn up at BP.

Oh don't get me wrong I do have a moan when town do crap but not to the point that it would deter me from buying a ST.  But if that's your perogative then fine.  

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ST Renewal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.