7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
TheGoalKipper
February 9, 2019, 9:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If you read some recent comments from Amond it suggests Hurst wanted him to stay but wasn’t given the funds.

If you have a proven goalscorer and he wants to

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 64
TheGoalKipper
February 9, 2019, 9:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If you read some recent comments from Amond it suggests Hurst wanted him to stay but wasn’t given the funds.

If you have a proven goalscorer and he wants to stay and you can afford him you resign him, That is the most critical position to fill of all and a lack of one can see you relegated. If i knew for sure we would have Dennis or Wes next sewwason i would be confident of 2019 buty until weve signed at least one of them im not putting my money on them at the bookies for next season,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 64
Youngy
February 9, 2019, 10:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,662
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from fleabag1970
Skewed thinking ?  You have a short memory . Next time you bump into Alan ask him about it ..... I was there through it all and a section of support were pleased when he was sacked . That is a fact ....

AB said at his last speakers evening that the supporters treat him better now then when he was in charge.

I remember one supporter tearing up and chucking at him there season ticket before the 97/98 season at a fans forum because they were so disgusted he was back..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 64
pizzzza
February 9, 2019, 10:25pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Youngy

I remember one supporter tearing up and chucking at him there season ticket before the 97/98 season at a fans forum because they were so disgusted he was back..

Tearing up a season ticket before the season seems a bit of a waste no matter who the manager is, you'd have thought they would at least see a game first...
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 64
RonMariner
February 9, 2019, 11:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,688
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Wow. It would be good to get to the bottom of that so that we know who the real culprit is.

I had assumed it was Hurst to blame. If is was JF then it changes things considerably in my view. If true, it's no wonder he left us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 64
chaos33
February 10, 2019, 12:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I was told by an ex player that Hurst didn't rate Amond as highly as the supporters did when he was here. I also recall an Amond quote where he told supporters 'he didn't want me'. I think we can be fairly confident that Podge's departure was down to a wrong call from Hurst.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 64
Northbank Mariner
February 10, 2019, 8:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
I'll mention no.names, but I am good friends with an ex Hurst player who has reiterated several times that Hurst was a tosser to work for, and if you weren't in his inner sanctum he spoke to the players like cr@p...the man was completely unapproachable and arrogant bordering on the point of ignorance...so you ask why Amond, Arnold and a few others couldn't wait to get away...look no further than a poisoned dwarf .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 64
MeanwoodMariner
February 10, 2019, 8:46am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from RonMariner

Wow. It would be good to get to the bottom of that so that we know who the real culprit is.

I had assumed it was Hurst to blame. If is was JF then it changes things considerably in my view. If true, it's no wonder he left us.

JF has never interfered with the build of a squad like that. He has always provided a budget and let the manager get on with it. It's inconceivable that Hurst wanted to offer Podge more but JF stepped in and said "no, you must spend that on another player".

It was telling that although he offered Podge and Arnold contracts, he never heard back from them and that was that. Compare that to the effort Jolley went to to keep Macca last summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 64
Hagrid
February 10, 2019, 9:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I'll mention no.names, but I am good friends with an ex Hurst player who has reiterated several times that Hurst was a tosser to work for, and if you weren't in his inner sanctum he spoke to the players like cr@p...the man was completely unapproachable and arrogant bordering on the point of ignorance...so you ask why Amond, Arnold and a few others couldn't wait to get away...look no further than a poisoned dwarf .

Thats contrary to what a lot of players have said about Hurst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 64
Dan
February 10, 2019, 9:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
It’s possible a lot of players from that era (and indeed Rob Scott) don’t have the best things to say about Hurst, but a lot of players from that era and Rob Scott failed us. Those that took us up generally have good things to say about Hurst. At least publicly.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst interview in the metro

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.